Exide Technologies Employee Reviews

ncie
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  mississage, canada25 September 2018
nice place to work and learn, can cooperate with different departments
It was a learning experience.
Assistant Manager & Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2018
It all started off with a recommendation from my friend, who actually worked at Exide Technologies at the time. Following that, I went through several interviews and they were pretty accommodating on the dates and times as well. I managed to get the job I wanted, and from there on I worked with the company for (Five Years) it was eventful, to say the least, various factors played throughout my time there. All in all, I don't regret the time spent working for this company and all the hurdles that came along with the job, because it only made me better at adapting to different situations.
Pros
Great Team, Organized, and Company Values.
Cons
Long Hours, Terrible Opportunities of Growth (Wage wise), and Constant Obstacles with Head Office.
It is a fun place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga12 November 2017
I liked working everyday over there and the Boss is super friendly. All the necessary training was provided and every one was very cooperative to begin with
Pros
Healthy atmosphere and cooperative staff
Cons
no growth for future
Exide, My dream job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 January 2017
This job was amazing. I miss the co-workers and the customers. I was planning to retire from there in the future. However, I did not like how things were handled from upper management when I had a cut in hours, and how upper management did not care.
Pros
Great Job, excellent perks
Cons
Head Office treated you like a number
Great people
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2016
Typical day of work was to verify and respond to emails, telephone and voice mails, enter orders, order products from our US warehouse, set up new account, process credit card payment, back up shipping and receiving, reception and invoicing
I learned to ask lots of question. Co-workers were great
The hardest part of the job was the training. Needed to pull out information from most people to get information to get the work done. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and sales representative
Long hours, you really need to know how to multi task.
Forklift Operator/Shipper Receiver/Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2016
Great warehouse staff, but both head offices leave something to be desired. A typical day in the warehouse was tedious and very repetitive. Delivery driving was the best, especially my out of town runs.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
Long hours, as well as heavy lifting required.
fast paced labour intensive
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2015
At the London warehouse, ( which doesn't exist anymore), batteries arrived up to 3 x weekly, all just black case. The product had to then be sorted and set up for labeling. Product was first volt checked then labeled to customer specs, and then picked to orders and set up for shipping. All employees handling product needed to be TDG certified.
No comment on upper Canadian management
My co-workers were hard working and dedicated to doing their jobs to the best of their ability, all of which was aimed at customer service.
Hardest part of the job was the day to day slugging. it was not a question of being able to lift 50-60 lbs. at a time, but rather being able to do it 500+ times today, and then come back tomorrow and do it again and again.
Best part of the job was the staff at London, superb!, They made my job as manager appear so easy. Second best part ? the customers!
They seemed always ready to thank you for doing that extra bit for them.
Rotation of product had to be strictly enforced to keep write downs to a minimum.
Pros
the staff @ London
National manufacturing and distribution company with great product in rebuilding mode
National Service Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 March 2014
Managed a national network of 3rd party contractors providing preventative maintenance and on call service to several national accounts.
Restructured internal administrative process.
Developed and implemented a program to hire and train in house service technicians. Established operating and capital budgets for an national service operation utilizing internal technicians.
N?A
Industrial Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, On11 March 2014
Start work at 8 am every day. First thin as I get in, is Log into Kronos to timestamp.
The check emails and proiotize them accordingly.
Open is any work orders and dispatch out to Techs.
Close of any work order that techs have completed.
Invoice Wal-mart for all service call completed.
Submit all Warratny Claims.
In charge of territory
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 February 2014
DSM with knowledge of markets and customers. Challenging daily events. Empowered to make most of my territory decisions to increase the bottom line.
An exciting place to work
Branch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario5 February 2014
Exide Technologies provided me with many valuable skills that I am able to take with me to future prospects.
productive professionals with minimum supervision
Assisted Accounts Payable and Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2014
Reconcile previous day bank statement, scan A/P and freight Invoices, match,verify with PO check in JDE system whether goods delivered, code it, request cheque issue statement and process for payment. Resolve any discrepancies. Log in Vendors system and download weekly reports match and rectify them resolve issues with transportation company. Learned J D Edwards accounting software. Hardest part "Per-suing small TC drivers to make sure to submit all support documents for expediting payment, since they travel a lot misplace supporting Invoices". Liked overall work environment.
Busy and Hardful task that helped to become and stronger worker
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2012
Overall this company was a good experience that help me gain essential work skills such as responsibility, organization, and to meet deadlines.