EXHIBITION PLACE Employee Reviews

fastpace working environment
GAMES SALES ASSOCIATE (SEASONAL) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2019
very fast pace work environment with very little place for promotion. i learned how to quickly and respectfully work with customers. management was very respectful and never had to intervene.
A good first job experience
Cleaner, Customer asst., Temp. asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2018
When I was at the CNE I learned how to work with others, lead people, and give customer support. I was trained in various facets of the workplace and helped with whatever problems I was unsure of how to tackle at the time. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the long hours where nothing would happen (common when assigned to a single bathroom). The most enjoyable part of the job was when I helped customers solve their unique issues and seeing their gratitude after receiving help, it was very heartwarming. Overall it was a wonderful first job experience.
Pros
Very attentive and supportive managers
Cons
Long stretches of waiting
Good job if you have no experience.
JANITOR/CARETAKER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2018
Straight up job with easy tasks throughout the day. You could choose between a morning shift, evening shift, or an overnight shift. Various jobs you could do such as washroom attendant, paper picker, kaboda drivers, kaboda helpers, push cart.
productive and fun workplace
Cleaning Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2018
clock in, meet with supervisor on shift, go to assigned station and start the shift. I learned about a lot of different cleaning skills.The Management was really understanding. The hardest part about working at exhibition place was that you never knew who you were working with.
Productive but unorganized work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
The Exhibition place was a tough job because I was always on my feet, which made me feel satisfied at the end of the day, but it was very unorganized and the training provided before the event started was inadequate. There were a number of time when I asked for clarification and help because of the lack of training.
Pros
free entrance to The CNE
Cons
long hours on feet repetitively cleaning the same spot
fun
Cleaning Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON29 May 2018
A typical shift for a EX consists of patrol duties as well as being seated at the front desk to monitor CCTV and greet customers/tenants. When necessary, the guards will be required to documents any outstanding activity and/or events. Otherwise, the workplace culture is welcoming and generally efficient.
Fun
FAIRGROUNDS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
Great work environment with supervisors and co-workers who are willing to help you out at any time, and are very approachable. No problem with accommodating work preferences.
productive and fun place to work
game operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2018
you get to meet new people everyday & I really enjoyed teaching people on how to play the game. The hardest part of the job is being outside in the hot sun all day, but i would do it again this year.
so much to do it feels like you're not even working but jut having fun at the job
Paper Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2018
my working experience was amazing i have no complaints about it there this was my first job and i loved it i literally enjoyed waking up early for once i learned so much being part of that team
Pros
4 breaks
Cons
crowded
At the Workplace
Cleaner, Housekeeping Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2017
When it's busy at the Ex "we skip lunch and sometime breaks to complete our jobs at certain Events or Move-outs"

I have been here for almost 3yrs now I learned alot about the Ex and what some of my co-workers do when they are Not working.
Pros
Sometimes Free Lunches
Cons
"very" Short Hours
not good
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2017
no room to get fulltime there lack of carrying for employees there never a good thing told of your work by management just sucks the lack of order there
Pros
no perks
Cons
bad office workers
Fun work environment
Paper picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2017
Working at the CNE was awesome and I intend to work there every year! I love the place I would because all around you someone is having fun. I love seeing people have fun and I contribute to that.
Tedious and unorganized with few pros.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2017
Long hours and a very crowded environment. Management was very unorganized. The culture was interesting as people all over the world came to enjoy the events.
its was nice
Housekeeping Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
it was a nice job to work at if your trying to make a few dollars ya if you really like it you can stay but personally for me i made my money and left
Busy and fast pace environment
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
On a typical day I would change garbage bags and clean washrooms, I learned how to approach and interact with a variety of different people. The hardest part of the job was how crowded it would get and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and trying new things out.
Pros
Free food, free entry into the exhibition
Cons
very crowded spaces
Pretty much fun to work at as a first job
Cleaner, [Seasonal] (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2017
Working at Exhibition Place for bigger events such as the CNE and Royal Agricultural Winter Fair are much fun to work at especially as a first job. But, at times it's kinda hard to walk and stand for long hours but it's worth it. Supervisors and lead hands I have are great and know what to do to accommodate workers. I would recommend anyone to work at Exhibition Place as their first job.
Pros
Frequent breaks at some shifts, make new friends
good for your first job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
if you're a highschool student in need of a summer job, exhibition place hires hundreds of kids for about 3 weeks for the CNE to be on garbage/washroom duty. you can choose to stay with them after the CNE for other events throughout the year. the scheduling for work is very flexible outside of the CNE. if you want more work you call them up and ask for more, if you want less and they'll change it for you (just don't ask for a lot of shifts then turn around and tell them you're not available).

the actual work is simple and can be pretty boring quite often as you'll most likely work alone in your section. might be a little hard at first because you'll be on your feet for the entirety of your shift. job advancement wise you could get promoted to lead hand in a year or two, and there's pretty much nothing after that. most of the foremen are lifers that have been there for 15-20 years.

management in the case of your foremen and event coordinators are pretty good. they're not unreasonable and only expect you to do your share of the work. they've been there for years and have seen it all, so most are pretty chill.

coworkers are a mix of lifers and students. the atmosphere is fairly well and there isn't much drama or cliques.

overall it's a decent job if you're a student looking for some spending money or work experience.
Pros
flexible schedule, managers are pretty good overall
Cons
very little job advancement
washroom duties (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
A day at work busy. I learned how to work in a high volume of trafic. Management gave compliments. The hardest part was when you come from break lots of overflowed garbage cans and close time when you want to leave the vendors toss out everything they don't want. The most enjoyable part of the job is to watch all the amazing things that go on when I'm on break.
Pros
Sometimes vendors give you free food.
Cons
Your not allowed to accept the free food.
Productive and fun workplace with friendly staff and co-workers
housekeeping Lead-Hand (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
Many people of all ages look to work for The Exhibition Place, offering an open window of fun and new experiences for new employees, and utmost respect for veteran workers. Although the workplace mainly opens for seasonal events, every workday poses a unique outlook for all employees to overcome. At The Exhibition Place, it's not all about working for hourly pay, but to also look forward to working with new friends, which overall reflects on the attraction and great productivity of the workplace.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
seasonal events only, with some year-round positions
Fun and tiring job, great for teens and youth
AgVenture Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2017
Interacted with youth of all ages.
Ensure the safety of all participants.
Create a positive and upbeat attitude to make the day and activities enjoyable for the kids.