Executive Flight Centre

Executive Flight Centre Employee Reviews

Hired as security, but over time they kept adding more duties and responsibilities to our scope which had us doing the work of multiple people and departments. Salary didn't reflect expectations
best place and best team , definitely good place to learn and grow with company , very comfortable team who are professional and as well as chilled out and helps in every way possible.
As a member with EFC for almost 9 years now, Ive seen the ups and downs and turnarounds, from our lows to highs in the company. Ive learned tremendous amounts of new things happening and things that are still going. Starting as a ramp agent employee to now being a operation supervisor. A typical day starts off with performing a tool box meeting and any concerns that any employee might have with any safety concerns that might be involved during the day as safety is our main priority. The fires were a good experience for the people who stayed and worked the shifts, specially living at the airport and how well we all worked together during the dramatic time. I would say the most enjoyable part of working here is coming into work. I enjoy the people who i work with as we are more of a family then just employees here. We all work together as a team and not individuals. Winter ops are more busy with snow removal, safety of the passengers, putting planes in the hangar and summer time is busy with lots of fueling. Never had a dual moment being here and the enjoyment of the workplace we have.
My time here has been not great at all. When I first started working there during summer, it was going okay I mean I was desperate for a job but the shifts were 4 hours in the morning (04:30 - 08:30) then I had to come back for another 4 hours afternoon shift (15:00 - 19:00). Would not be able to get consistent days off usually had Tuesday and Thursday off, work hard means they will take advantage and make that person work harder (6 people job = only 4 people will get the job done, saving 2 peoples salaries for themselves). If you have a concern or a favor to ask, DON'T communicate through email because they WILL NOT respond and blame it on the volume of emails they get and buy time to simply say NO. By the way, there is no proper structure, no proper training, and its just everyone just do whatever they want to do as long as the job gets done. So frustrating company with lazy management.
I've been with EFC for 6 years from the ramp to the office. I applied having had no ramp or office experience whatsoever. I came for the salary and the benefits, I stayed for the positive culture, and learning opportunities. In my time here, I've seen people who either had a negative attitude or were lazy not have a good time and eventually leave the company. And honestly, who wants to work with a sour person with no concept of teamwork? However, positive hard working people who take initiative are constantly being shown how valuable they are. I've never been asked to stay longer than the time I was paid for, and I've never been asked to do anything that was outside my scope of ability. I've learned more at EFC than any other job I've ever had combined. The only thing that would make this job even better would be more paid vacation, but I already get a lot so maybe I'm pushing it. The only downside is that you wont get family day off because its a provincial holiday and all airport workers are federal employees.
Pros
Culture, Salary & Benefits
Cons
Don't get family day off
I have been with EFC for almost 4 years now! I have worked in a variety of positions and locations, including; Administrative Assistant (Calgary Home Office), Luggage Agent (Horizon), Customer Service Agent Level 1 & 2 (Horizon), and currently an Administrative Assistant/Customer Service Agent at our FBO in Calgary. I have been a member of the Safety Committee in both Calgary and Horizon, and I am currently involved in the Employment Equity Committee. This is what I value about Executive Flight Centre the most, is the opportunity to move around and grow. I am constantly learning new skills every single day. I have worked in many different environments, and genuinely loved them all. The staff are great, and the open door policy with management is strongly appreciated. We have a huge dedication to safety. Even though we have many locations and roles, I feel as though everyone works on the same team and are very supportive of one another. I will say that having a positive attitude and outlook definitely helps. Overall, this is an excellent place to work and I look forward to continuing my career with EFC, and excited to see the company grow and evolve!
Working here is great, fellow employee's are great to work with and Management is very helpful for resources and knowledge. If you like to travel you can opt to help other Facilities when needed. The best part of this job is the diversity of the job, you may not always be doing the same thing day in and day out.
It's an absolute privilege to work for such an amazing company. We all work together as a team and always strive to be above board in all of our endeavours. I sincerely recommend anyone who's looking to challenge themselves as well as having fulfilling employment give executive flight centre a visit.
Executive Flight Centre is an awesome place to work! No day is ever the same so it keeps your job interesting. I've gotten to see so many interesting, different aircrafts while working here. The employees are so supportive and positive. EFC has a fantastic work environment full of positive and caring supervisors and management. Come apply :)
I am very proud to be working at EFC – Management and my co-workers are absolutely amazing – We work as a Team - That is what makes each day enjoyable when sharing my dedication, pride and enthusiasm EFC values and supports its staff, our energy and skills and encourages active participation in all areas of its Operations. The Visions for EFC are REAL, ACHIEVABLE and very EXCITING to be a part of -
Pros
Seasonal Potluck Dinners - Social Team Building Activities - Community Support
Poor management, Toxic environment, you are just a number. the company is in so much debt. I'll be surprised if they will be around in another five years.
I have been with EFC for 6 years and it is a great place to work! This is my first position in the aviation industry and it is eye opening and inspiring to see the passion individuals working here have for aviation. The people make the work environment most enjoyable. We have a great team of employees at EFC. Some even consider them extended family. I enjoy the work I do and appreciate the work/life balance and flexibility provided by management. It is truly a work hard / play hard atmosphere. The compensation and benefits are great! Overall, this is a great place to work!
Work environment is too unstable, the company tends to pay a little higher but does not guarantee you permanent employment. They will typically fire you before you become permanent so they can save money on benefits. The managers have tendency to not understand the core problems and finds best to fire people rather than focusing on improvements.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
Upper Management
They don't care if you have a life outside of your job. They expect you to come in anytime they call. Change your schedule without notifying you. Unless you're "in" or friends with the supervisors and management your chances of advancing in the company are slim to none. Laid off over 40 full time employees then later called them back asking to come back for 10 hours a week. They just wanted to stop paying benefits. Worst company to work for.
The company has gone through a series of changes in attitude, culture and management in recent years. It's too bad that a "do as I say" attitude has taken hold and not using the available talent pool to it's advantage. This extends to managers with new hires wanting to "make their mark". All of this amounts to nothing more than marking a pole like our four legged friends, and demonstrates the ineffective choices for managers that the company makes. There is absolutely no chance or opportunity to advance from your position, with the only movement being awarded through attrition or by being "old buddies" with those in power. The job should be enjoyable and stress free to those who understand the aviation culture of "on time departures" and the critical nature of giving clients the service they require to make their jobs and ours possible. Sadly this concept is foreign to the bosses at EFC.
Pros
Working with a few great people.
Cons
Idiots and egotists for Lead Hands and Managers
Great Benefits Work Life Balance Fun place to work Team environment Good Compensation Management values employees Flexible start/end times in office Great people
Pros
Work Life Balance / Flexible Hours
Cons
Follows Federal Labour Code - Don't get all provincial stats like Family Day, More paid time off would be nice
Communicate with customers by phone, radio or in person to determine nature of customer's request, taking action to resolve issues and concerns. Generate computer flight manifest and coordinate check-in process, verify passenger counts. Complete check-in process, baggage and direct passenger handling. Process missing/damaged baggage incidents reports. Organize invoices, accounts payable and aircraft billing. Reconciliation of fuel tickets and fuel farm activities. Our clients were oil companies and charters travelling on the Canadian Regional Boeing Aircrafts.
Pros
Our team was fantastic.
Cons
Problems that would hold up the plane from leaving on time. Penalties by Canada Transport
The strength of this company comes in its pay. They pay higher than the world average for the positions that they have. Unfortunately that is not competitive with the truck driving industry that they would be competing with for employment. They management uses ideologies from the 1980's when running their business and do not take the employee into consideration when making changes. 0 notification of shift changes, 0 reasons given for anything. There is no thought to system wide changes that would affect the personal. This company is very reactive and although they should be able to predict certain behaviors of clients they seem to be surprised at every down turn and end up laying off half their staff only to post rehires of that same position within days. During lay offs they will keep the people who under perform and let go of long time employees who have acquired skills and familiarity with clients and contractors. Every time a pilot or client comes in they see new faces and those new faces need to be taught the individual needs of the client time and time again. If you want a job that pays well but has no future (especially if you get promoted) with a company that eats itself from the inside out. EFC is the place to go.
Pros
Good pay, 24/7 shifts
Cons
Short Sighted Management, Constant Layoffs, Bad Work Life Balance, Underskilled Co-Workers
I worked at executive flight Center 1 month then they gave me a letter about layoffs the same day they put a job ad for a full time ramp agent
Terrible experience. Worked full time for a year, understaffed and overworked. Revolving door of new employees. Management and supervisors are friends, so unless you're "in" good luck at advancement, or any sense of job security. I'd skip this one if I were you!
Pros
Get to work around aircraft
Cons
Long hours, no benefits, no flight benefits, poor management, terrible scheduling, under qualified people currently in integral positions. Gong show
Start fuel sampling, and keep daily records. constantly taking courses management was fine get along with co workers very well keeping runway clear in winter satisfaction of doing a good job
Pros
airport jobs are great
Cons
working outside in frigid cold weather