Executive Aviation

Executive Aviation Employee Reviews

Canada46 reviews

shifttrainingpayhouremployeeworkingmanagementgood

Not worth it

Getting paid the same amount of money as a fast food worker to do dangerous work with unprofessional management. The turn over rate is brutal , and for good reason. They hire students and naive people that will blindly follow and ignore the nonsense that goes on. Trust me, you're better off flipping burgersthen working for this company. I found delivering pizzas more lucrative then working with these people

Pros

alot of down time

Cons

everything else

Pretty laid back when there are no flights. Can get really busy during certain times of the year like around Christmas/New years

Very laid back at times, but also very stressful at other times, more pros than cons for sure. The people are very nice and your employer cares about you.

Pros

Laid back, coworkers are nice, employers care about you

Cons

Long days, winter is not fun, loading baggage onto planes

Insights into Executive Aviation

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Helping people go pkaces

Company is flexible and works with you in creating a workable schedule with you. Great cultureDiverse employeesEnclusuve of everyoneSupports the team Ability to advance

Pros

Travel benefits

Cons

Flight cancelled=your shift cancelled and not paid.

Fun workplace - but pay is not sufficient

Enjoyable place to work - they will expect you to do a lot and always use excuses as to way you should go over and above your duties. Always short staffed because they pay way too little. Management will exploit you and try to pay you as little as they can. Do not work hard for the company and expect it to be really appreciated.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Almost everything

Great colleagues - horrendous pay

Company expects you to do everything with very little compensation. Management will gladly exploit you to give your all, but never really reward you or pay you what you are worth.

Meh

Hard to balance your personal/social life when working at executive aviation. Doesn’t matter if you have high seniority or not, the hours don’t balance and your pay sucks.

Pros

Relaxed work environment

Cons

Can’t do anything on weekend because of hours and no one will cover your shift.

I'm amazed this company still exists

Management is hardly present, even when critical issues need attention. Work/life balance is completely thrown out the window with many people working long hours, far away from the 9-5. It's hard to find anything positive here, besides the coworkers who are all suffering alongside you.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Long/odd hours. Lack of management. No work/life balanace.

Really Not Worth The Hassle

In the beginning I like how relaxed it was, but the amount of training you do for the amount of pay you receive. You are expected to go above and beyond for essentially minimum wage. If you work overtime, you have to ask the manager to make sure you actually get overtime pay. There's absolutely no flexibility, I don't have a car and have been scheduled for multiple shifts where I would need to taxi either to or from work. The people are great but sadly the rest of the job isn't worth it at all.

Toxic Environments and Favoritism Place to Work.

Working with Executive Aviation can be disappointing and toxic environments. Communication between employees and management is terrible. The company will have very high expectations of you. Wages are low, resulting in poor employees quality with high employees turnover rates. Some of the coworkers are good. Favoritism is displayed frequently by the TEAM LEADER. Be aware of what you are expecting for your hard work.

Good for a student

If you want layed back job where you came game all day then this is the place for you. Pay is horrible if you interested in doing the work of 9 people.This job is not good unless your a student with no bills to pay

Pros

Cons

Very long and so cold to work outside in winter or in rain

Fun work, great coworkers. Bad pay/benefits

Great experience, friendly workers. Pay and benefits are subpar and below competitors. They seem to hire anyone regardless of their experience or willingness to learn or listen. Most people work here for 3-6 months and then leave. Schedule is inconsistent and most shifts are 3 hour intervals.

They need to step up the pay scale

With promises of a pay scale based on experience, there has been no evidence to back it up. Broken equipment, short staff, little to no staff retention. Going above and beyond is over shadowed by even the smallest negative actions.

Managers need to be better

I could write an essay on how many flaws EA has, but it basically boils down to being underpaid and managers who should absolutely not be in a management position. The job is ok if you’re a flight student looking to experience ground ops, but to anyone else looking for a long term gig, you’re better off avoiding this mess of a company.

Pros

Great team of coworkers

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, managers

Used to be much better before the nepotism started

We used to have a good tight crew at YAM, it wasn't perfect and not everyone worked as hard as everyone else but it was comfortable.Now one of the ground crew is in a relationship with our older lady boss and the feel has changed. He gets the most shifts and just got promoted. I don't like it there any more, and nobody is doing anything about it. Relationships like this have no business in the workplace. One of them should quit or be moved so this can't happen. Or I will have to leave but I will only be the first.

Over worked

Way too busy and not paid nearly enough to deal with extreme heat in summer and extreme cold and snow in winter. Don’t get promoted you just end up doing everyone’s job and then your own. It’s fine for school and then a side job but for a full time job it’ll eat your time no work life balance at all. But the employees run the place and they have no way of enforcing rules so show up when you want and take vacation when you want nobody shows up for shifts anyways the ones that do have to do all the work and then still be paid nothing for doing it.

All around idiocy prevents any sort of cohesion/coherence within the company

I could write a literal dissertation on how EA should probably not exist due to lack of communication, lack of proper training, general disregard towards the well-being of staff members, biased choices in management, barely functioning equipment which allows them to bid very low on contracts meaning you get paid nearly nothing while working yourself to death because your gear is from 1990-2005 at best. All in all I’d just stay away from any ground handler jobs. Try a lumber yard or a moving company if you want a laid back labour job.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Essentially everything

Great industry with lots of amazing people to meet!

Working at YXS our Airport works seamlessly with our team and other company's. Making an enjoyable and social place of work, you will make a lot of friends while you are here. Reviewing other bases, I am surprised how different they are from this base. Our management here cares for our employees working with them to give them a flexible work-life balance that we all appreciate. The wages could definitely be better but there is plenty of room to grow in the industry and move! Hard work is noticed here and the employees will see there effort is appreciated. I have been here for 5 years now and I consider this place home, always happy to head into work. I would recommend this job to all people but especially those who want to see the world and prosper in this industry. You have a voice here.

Good place for beginners (Aviation)

Pretty decent place to begin/ get the foot in the door in aviation industry. Lack of training and communication at FBO. Expected to do more work/ tasks for less pay.

I loved it

I loved working here and hated when I had to leave (moved). If you wanted hours they were there, if you wanted to learn something knew they taught you. If you want to grow with the company they are there for you. I absolutely adored everyone I worked with.

Workplace environment

Executive Aviation has a really poor training program. They say you’re trained to do certain things however most of the time they spend less than an hour on the subject. There are opportunities to move forward in the company however they do not give you a raise for extra responsibilities you are taking. Many people leave (voluntarily) because of work ethics and poor management. You are hired as part time but they do not tell you they are all split shifts. You bring up concerns to the management and it takes many days/weeks/months for the issue to be resolved. Keeping in mind that sometimes the issue isn’t resolved. They do not pay you according to your duties and responsibilities. Employees were always tired/annoyed. You are better off to talk with other airline employees who are joyful and excited to be at work. Management gets annoyed when you request time off since they do not have enough staff to cover your shift(s) and having to call in employees from out of town. You have to keep your customer service attitude at all times even if things go wrong with the company. Many company vehicles are broken and doesn’t get fixed. Many flights had to be cancelled because a de-icing truck was broken during the winter. Many employees talk behind managements back. I used to love working there, unfortunately we have received new management and things went poorly.

Pros

Making friends with other airline employees

Cons

Split shifts, no communication between management, poor pay, staff doesn’t seem to enjoy working there.

Great team and company to work for

Starting wage is higher and most grown handling companies at the airport. There can be random delays but that is unpredictable, as ur is the airport. Team is always working together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Executive Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement