Execulink Telecom logo
Execulink Telecom

Execulink Telecom Employee Reviews

Customer Liason

If I was more tech savvy and knew had a sense of how Internet providers work, I’m sure I would love it 1000% more. Since I was just learning everything through the training it took me a long time and a lot of patience to complete a call and seem like I knew what I was doing.

Pros

Employee appreciation, great benefits and perks. Friendly coworkers

Cons

Hard to receive support when you need it.

Used to be a great place, now it's not

This place used to be the best place to work. However thanks to new management brought in, it's far from it now. Management used to care about you, they had compassion. This used to be the place to build a career around, now it may as well have a turn style door for the employee entrance. People that had been there for 10+ years are leaving and now when you talk to people approximately 85% are actively looking. The new management implemented changes without fully understanding the place the customers and the employees. We used to be given time to understand and help our customers now it is not allowed. Management has essentially turned everyone on each other and the new management will not admit to the ceo when they have failed.

Cons

People in roles believing they are empowered, Management that no longer cares about helping the customers.

Good wage, but little communication/security

Was there for 4 months. Was able to give preference for schedule. Had some sick days due to baby and was let go with no warning. They say there are written, verbal and final warnings. There are none. Don’t work here if you have little kids who get sick in the fall. You’ll be let go without warning after missing a few days here and there when your within your 10 day allotment for the year. Other than that wage was pretty decent.

Pros

Decent wage

Cons

Let go no warnings

Growing Company

execulink Telecom has been in business over 100 years. They have grown in recent years and as such appear to be moving in the same direction as the competition when it comes to their employees. This is bound to happen as they grow and stakeholders demand more for their investment.

Good Work Environment

Execulink had a pleasant work environment where all employees seemed to get along well and enjoy their job. I learned a lot about the telecommunications industry as well as continuing to hone my skills in customer service. The management was friendly and approachable where employees seemed content with the work environment Execulink provides. The hardest part of the job for me personally was not having anyone to cover or back me up if the store got busy or if there was a personal emergency. The most enjoyable part was the fulfilment I personally achieved helping people, both customers and employees.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

No proper coverage in store

Satisifying Job

I work with our Technical Support and do both Tier 1 and Tier 2 calls. Tier 1 is residential calls and Tier 2 ranges from small businesses to very big corporate businesses. We have available to us a wiki that we can use as well as use one another via jabber to work towards resolving customer issues. They prefer we are very good at problem solving and finding our own resolutions which I and my teammates do quite well but its nice to know support is there for one another if we do have something we haven't seen before. Management are good people but we only have one TL (Team Lead) currently on the floor per shift that we can speak with and of course with a big team and all their other jobs they are often busy we as a group have asked that work provide a 2nd TL or HelpDesk agent. The culture is very busy and active here and ever changing its a learning experience but its very rewarding job if you come with the right frame of mind and work hard to achieve the goals and help the customers. Sometimes you will speak with customers that are very upset and hard to please. We do our best to work through and help and defuse the situation if we can't we are able to escalate to our teamleads. Helping a customer and resolving their issue is very rewarding and many times even angry customers with some work can become happy customers which is what I strive for.

Pros

Overtime, Benifits, Customer Satisfaction

Cons

Shifts Changes, System Crashes (from time to time)

Productive workplace with a high spirited atmosphere.

Execulink has a nice atmosphere to walk into each morning as staff are generally kind to greet you as you arrive and the management team is willing to work with you on anything you may require assistance with.

Pros

Flexible hours when needed

Good place to get into

The workers are incredibly nice here and make the days go by smooth even if some customers can be a bit much. However you have to be willing to get some bad months with not seeing friends or family as the shift bids can be random. The management is nice and they listen to a lot of what you say. I would recommend this job for a lot of people starting out but for a family person possibly not.

Pros

Good work enviroment

Cons

Not the best shifts due to static workers and

Poor management team

Stay away from customer service account support jobs, no training provided and micro managed by a couple of very unreasonable women with no real management experience or training, sales jobs are good.

Pros

Great Christmas party

Cons

No training unreasonable expectations

A decent place to work

Generally a good workplace, but there are a few drawbacks. The management is very supportive of staff and recognizes individual efforts. There regular opportunities for advancement or staff development. Most notable failing is the Quality Assurance department, as it only reviews the Technical Support. As such, Sales and Billing department mistakes often get overlooked, often creating further problems for the Technical Support department.

Pros

Interest free loans to employees for new computer purchase

Cons

No dental plan; Quality Assurance for Technical Support only

Jobs at Execulink Telecom

See more jobs

Organized and planned

The management is held to a higher standard which shows in a overall performance and have a personal touch which creates a team there is a team or family atmosphere which creates a higher level of creativity from all employees

Private company with over a 100 years in the business

A major ISP in south central Ontario which caters to both residential and business customers. A long history in the area with many loyal customers.

Pros

local presence in the market

Cons

weak vision

Limited options for advancement due to company size.

Limited options for advancement due to company size. Middle management was non-technical and demeaning. There were great efforts made for the company's culture with a fantastic Christmas party, golf tournament and BBQ's - which were all free. A great place to learn, but not one to advance your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Execulink Telecom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5