Execulink Telecom Employee Reviews

Growing Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 February 2018
execulink Telecom has been in business over 100 years. They have grown in recent years and as such appear to be moving in the same direction as the competition when it comes to their employees. This is bound to happen as they grow and stakeholders demand more for their investment.
Anonymous - entry level (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON16 February 2018
Coming to work for Execulink was the best decision I have ever made in my professional career. This company is awesome to work for, the culture here is about support and success for everyone. Being part of this team is like being part of the family. I feel like they care about the employees just as much as they care about their customers. A family first mentality for a work/life balance and you can make a decent wage. A growing company where, with the right attitude and mindset, you could have a long career.
Pros
Paid health & wellness days/money, $ to donate to charities on your behalf, amazing Christmas party, Employee appreciation days, Cupcake days!
Cons
Nothing big deal - normal growing pains for a company this size, occasional lack of communication between departments, sometimes slow to make changes happen
Good Work Environment
Customer Service Consultant and Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 November 2017
Execulink had a pleasant work environment where all employees seemed to get along well and enjoy their job. I learned a lot about the telecommunications industry as well as continuing to hone my skills in customer service. The management was friendly and approachable where employees seemed content with the work environment Execulink provides. The hardest part of the job for me personally was not having anyone to cover or back me up if the store got busy or if there was a personal emergency. The most enjoyable part was the fulfilment I personally achieved helping people, both customers and employees.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No proper coverage in store
Satisifying Job
Technical Support / Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON7 February 2017
I work with our Technical Support and do both Tier 1 and Tier 2 calls. Tier 1 is residential calls and Tier 2 ranges from small businesses to very big corporate businesses. We have available to us a wiki that we can use as well as use one another via jabber to work towards resolving customer issues. They prefer we are very good at problem solving and finding our own resolutions which I and my teammates do quite well but its nice to know support is there for one another if we do have something we haven't seen before. Management are good people but we only have one TL (Team Lead) currently on the floor per shift that we can speak with and of course with a big team and all their other jobs they are often busy we as a group have asked that work provide a 2nd TL or HelpDesk agent.

The culture is very busy and active here and ever changing its a learning experience but its very rewarding job if you come with the right frame of mind and work hard to achieve the goals and help the customers.

Sometimes you will speak with customers that are very upset and hard to please. We do our best to work through and help and defuse the situation if we can't we are able to escalate to our teamleads.

Helping a customer and resolving their issue is very rewarding and many times even angry customers with some work can become happy customers which is what I strive for.
Pros
Overtime, Benifits, Customer Satisfaction
Cons
Shifts Changes, System Crashes (from time to time)
Productive workplace with a high spirited atmosphere.
Assistant Marketing Specialist - Video Production (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 August 2016
Execulink has a nice atmosphere to walk into each morning as staff are generally kind to greet you as you arrive and the management team is willing to work with you on anything you may require assistance with.
Pros
Flexible hours when needed
Good place to get into
Technical Support/Back up Ticket desk (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON6 December 2015
The workers are incredibly nice here and make the days go by smooth even if some customers can be a bit much. However you have to be willing to get some bad months with not seeing friends or family as the shift bids can be random.

The management is nice and they listen to a lot of what you say. I would recommend this job for a lot of people starting out but for a family person possibly not.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Not the best shifts due to static workers and
Poor management team
service delivery (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON29 October 2015
Stay away from customer service account support jobs, no training provided and micro managed by a couple of very unreasonable women with no real management experience or training, sales jobs are good.
Pros
Great Christmas party
Cons
No training unreasonable expectations
A decent place to work
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON16 October 2015
Generally a good workplace, but there are a few drawbacks.

The management is very supportive of staff and recognizes individual efforts. There regular opportunities for advancement or staff development.

Most notable failing is the Quality Assurance department, as it only reviews the Technical Support. As such, Sales and Billing department mistakes often get overlooked, often creating further problems for the Technical Support department.
Pros
Interest free loans to employees for new computer purchase
Cons
No dental plan; Quality Assurance for Technical Support only
Organized and planned
Self-employed Contractor (Former Employee) –  Watford,Thedford,forest,parkhill,ailsa craig27 June 2014
The management is held to a higher standard which shows in a overall performance and have a personal touch which creates a team

there is a team or family atmosphere which creates a higher level of creativity from all employees
Private company with over a 100 years in the business
Director Marketing & Product Services Development (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 February 2013
A major ISP in south central Ontario which caters to both residential and business customers. A long history in the area with many loyal customers.
Pros
local presence in the market
Cons
weak vision
Limited options for advancement due to company size.
Tier I & II Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 June 2012
Limited options for advancement due to company size. Middle management was non-technical and demeaning. There were great efforts made for the company's culture with a fantastic Christmas party, golf tournament and BBQ's - which were all free. A great place to learn, but not one to advance your career.