Execulink Telecom

Execulink Telecom Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
Poor work ethic
It’s an okay place, just very hectic and getting yelled at non stop. The lack of communication is what did it for me, as a employee who was coming from a direct hiring agency, I would have to report to my “manager” but was always missing information or providing me with information that was misleading. Will not work with another agency again, because of which, I have a poor look on the management side of execulink.
Strongly suggest don’t do it
Sounds like an amazing opportunity. However what they preach is not what is practiced. Extreme favouritism, hard training and when you hit the floor you are definitely NOT prepared. Be forewarned more than half of my training class was gone by third week on the floor most walked out with no explanation.
Very horrible place to work
Racism is the way. If you are a person of colour don’t even bother. They pretend to your face that they care about you but behind, you are called the N-word, Indians, curry and goat smell. You are not allowed to express yourself or your feelings
Pros
No pros
Cons
Poor management, supervisors are sneaky, liars.
Terrible management
management doesn't really explain things fully and then expect you to not make mistakes, they are very short with agents and not very helpful as they expect you to know everything or expect you to figure it out on your own when you are new and this leads to long hold times and they then get on you about that. I wouldn't suggest working here.
fun
was a amazing environment very loyal staff members was great working for them rain or shine your outside working learned lots about the company and the job
Excellent and fair place to work
Execulink is an understand and fair place to work with manageable goals and expectations. The training is fast paced and is a lot to take in. Once you reach the floor you are supported by many staff and resources available to you.
Pros
lots of support
Cons
difficult technology to under
Focused more on growth and profit than people making it happen
All about the numbers and not the people getting those numbers

Excellent coworkers but suddenly massive turnover in tech support

The focus on upselling existing contracts to questionable upgrades felt unethical
No job security, managements a joke.
Seems like a great place to work, great pays benefits. However there is no support, management could care less about you. A complete backstabbing cutthroat environment.
How far they’ve fallen!
I worked at Execulink for several years. New management has completely ruined what used to be a fun, family-oriented work environment. With the purge of highly effective, gracious middle management came wage cuts and increased work loads. Staff turnover is now a huge problem, and I can no longer recommend Execulink as a good place to work.
Pros
Great, modern facilities. Benefits.
Cons
Aggressive cost-cutting ruined the work environment
High School Environment
A lot of decent people to work with, but management is a joke. Too many cliques and too much high school drama. If you don't fit into the norm, you're gone, whether your good at your job or not.

Unfortunately, you will be told you are doing fantastic, no complaints, then your being escorted out and not told why. It is a bit of a joke of a company.

The benefits are great but it is so disorganized its not worth it. You never know if you are going to have a job one day to the next. You don't know when your coworkers will be gone. Its just so crazy.

They care more for the customers than the staff, even if the customers are so horrible and treat you like junk, your expected to deal with it "to live the values"

All in all the company is mainly a disorganized joke.
Pros
Great Perks
Cons
Management, Unreliability, High School Drama
Call centre environment
Execulink is a great learning opportunity. It is a fast paced environment and there is plenty to learn that must be learned quickly and efficiently. It is a great place to get started in IT.
Too much reaponsibility for the pay
I was with Execulink before the aggressive sales tactics. What I was promised for hourly wage was denied due to the aggressive sales implementation. Throughout the aggressive sales (the new direction of execulink) they have given more responsibility for the role and pay less than what it is worth. The co-workers are great to work with, but the management is a joke. If you are looking for advancement with the company, you need to kiss someones toosh as seniority means nothing within the company. I would recommend working for the old execulink, not the new execulink.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Added stress due to unrealistic goals from management, always critisized for each call.
Used to be a great place, now it's not
This place used to be the best place to work. However thanks to new management brought in, it's far from it now. Management used to care about you, they had compassion. This used to be the place to build a career around, now it may as well have a turn style door for the employee entrance. People that had been there for 10+ years are leaving and now when you talk to people approximately 85% are actively looking.
The new management implemented changes without fully understanding the place the customers and the employees. We used to be given time to understand and help our customers now it is not allowed. Management has essentially turned everyone on each other and the new management will not admit to the ceo when they have failed.
Cons
People in roles believing they are empowered, Management that no longer cares about helping the customers.
Good wage, but little communication/security
Was there for 4 months. Was able to give preference for schedule. Had some sick days due to baby and was let go with no warning. They say there are written, verbal and final warnings. There are none. Don’t work here if you have little kids who get sick in the fall. You’ll be let go without warning after missing a few days here and there when your within your 10 day allotment for the year. Other than that wage was pretty decent.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Let go no warnings
Growing Company
execulink Telecom has been in business over 100 years. They have grown in recent years and as such appear to be moving in the same direction as the competition when it comes to their employees. This is bound to happen as they grow and stakeholders demand more for their investment.
Coming to work for Execulink was the best decision I have ever made in my professional career. This company is awesome to work for, the culture here is about support and success for everyone. Being part of this team is like being part of the family. I feel like they care about the employees just as much as they care about their customers. A family first mentality for a work/life balance and you can make a decent wage. A growing company where, with the right attitude and mindset, you could have a long career.
Pros
Paid health & wellness days/money, $ to donate to charities on your behalf, amazing Christmas party, Employee appreciation days, Cupcake days!
Cons
Nothing big deal - normal growing pains for a company this size, occasional lack of communication between departments, sometimes slow to make changes happen
Good Work Environment
Execulink had a pleasant work environment where all employees seemed to get along well and enjoy their job. I learned a lot about the telecommunications industry as well as continuing to hone my skills in customer service. The management was friendly and approachable where employees seemed content with the work environment Execulink provides. The hardest part of the job for me personally was not having anyone to cover or back me up if the store got busy or if there was a personal emergency. The most enjoyable part was the fulfilment I personally achieved helping people, both customers and employees.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No proper coverage in store
Satisifying Job
I work with our Technical Support and do both Tier 1 and Tier 2 calls. Tier 1 is residential calls and Tier 2 ranges from small businesses to very big corporate businesses. We have available to us a wiki that we can use as well as use one another via jabber to work towards resolving customer issues. They prefer we are very good at problem solving and finding our own resolutions which I and my teammates do quite well but its nice to know support is there for one another if we do have something we haven't seen before. Management are good people but we only have one TL (Team Lead) currently on the floor per shift that we can speak with and of course with a big team and all their other jobs they are often busy we as a group have asked that work provide a 2nd TL or HelpDesk agent.

The culture is very busy and active here and ever changing its a learning experience but its very rewarding job if you come with the right frame of mind and work hard to achieve the goals and help the customers.

Sometimes you will speak with customers that are very upset and hard to please. We do our best to work through and help and defuse the situation if we can't we are able to escalate to our teamleads.

Helping a customer and resolving their issue is very rewarding and many times even angry customers with some work can become happy customers which is what I strive for.
Pros
Overtime, Benifits, Customer Satisfaction
Cons
Shifts Changes, System Crashes (from time to time)
Productive workplace with a high spirited atmosphere.
Execulink has a nice atmosphere to walk into each morning as staff are generally kind to greet you as you arrive and the management team is willing to work with you on anything you may require assistance with.
Pros
Flexible hours when needed
Good place to get into
The workers are incredibly nice here and make the days go by smooth even if some customers can be a bit much. However you have to be willing to get some bad months with not seeing friends or family as the shift bids can be random.

The management is nice and they listen to a lot of what you say. I would recommend this job for a lot of people starting out but for a family person possibly not.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Not the best shifts due to static workers and
Poor management team
Stay away from customer service account support jobs, no training provided and micro managed by a couple of very unreasonable women with no real management experience or training, sales jobs are good.
Pros
Great Christmas party
Cons
No training unreasonable expectations