excelHR Employee Review

Sweatshop - Do not work for this company!
Recruiting and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 December 2012
They provide drinks on Friday's you go shopping once a year but THAT IS IT. They are money hungry and greedy and expect you to work 50-60 hours a week. You get yelled at and feel useless for not making a 100 calls out and in per day. I have seen more people (working internally) leave or get fired from this place its unbelievable!!!! Management expects you to be a slave for them and they lowball every candidate who is registered through them. You might be able to find an $11/hr job through them but if you are thinking of working their internally...it will be a mistake so keep looking if you're working there or intersted in working there as I was a former employee for years and still treated wrong.

I now work for there competition and am happy as can be it's like night and day. I went from being miserable to happy and rewarded.

Stay away from excelHR
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

Other excelHR Employee Reviews

Stay away
Resource & Account Manager -Liaise (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 March 2018
I was surprised to see that their most tenued employee had been with the company for only 2 years. I see why; there is no work life balance, you work for ExcelHR to succeed while you are expected to give up your life completely uncompensated. They expect all your time and their commission structure is impossible to achieve unless you work 23 hr days (they will leave 1 hr for you to go get a coffee). Management are incompetent and have an attitude of greatness, very condescending and unappreciative. They have a shopping day which is a slap to the face, they can give you that money (which trust me you have worked like a dog for) to shop and they decide how you spend it, instead of compensating you accordingly for your work and letting you keep that for your own pleasure. Not for someone who has a life, planning a life or wants to live.
Pros
Cons
Long horus
Official response from excelHR
6 April 2018

As a former employee, we are surprised to see that your knowledge of our company is not that accurate. Our most tenured employee has actually been with us for 27 years. In fact, we have 6 employees who have been with us for over 20 years and another 14 who have been with us for 10+ years. We value our team and are invest in their professional development.

We agree that this industry is not a great fit for everyone. This is a sales role – your efforts impact your rewards. But that’s the nature of the business. Our standard work hours are 8am to 5pm and there is no expectation for team members to work additional hours. There are some employees who are dedicated to making placements and stay late to work on a search, but it is certainly not a requirement.

We have an open door policy and encourage two-way communication. If there is ever a concern about hours worked, or commission structure, team members are welcome to consult any member of the leadership team. As you look ahead to your next opportunity, we would strongly recommend that you chose in-person communication to voice your concerns so that you can reach a solution. Posting negative comments online doesn’t get you any further ahead personally or professionally.

Decent place.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 February 2018
This agency is okay if your looking for experience or starting your IT path, however they do undercut you in pay. Best advice go there if your new to IT and want to gain experience.
Pros
got a job.
Cons
Poor pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at excelHR. Our community is ready to answer.

excelHR Reviews by Location