excelHR

excelHR Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews
This does not apply since ExcelHR is an employment agency who contracts my services to companies/organizations requesting assistance in administration.
I enjoy the work at Excel but since I prefer working in the East end of Ottawa, jobs are more difficult to find.

Travelling from Orleans if kind of difficult, cannot count on the LRT and I do not have daily access to a car for travelling.
This place is amazing! The management team takes time to make the employees feel respected and appreciated. They really give 100% to their staff. Although you work hard, it's worth the work for what you get in return.
New and interesting positions I was chosen for. Very good matches for me. Learned if I make myself available to work work is available, and the people are wonderful helping place me in the right contracts that work for me.
I'm going into my 6th year with the company and I couldn't be more happy!
You get it all here: supportive managers, a great team of colleagues that always offer to help out, a fun work environment, the opportunity of participating in team building activities, constant celebrations for anniversaries and milestones, flexible hours and time off, and the list goes on. They truly give you the tools and opportunity to build as much success as you'd like.

The first year employed is the biggest challenge as you're breaking into the industry, but as long as you bring your A game you'll see the benefits of being here are incredibly rewarding.

If you're a driven professional that's not just looking for a 'job' but you're looking for a career, this is the place to be. I'm proud to call excelHR my work family!
good place to work if you are looking for a filler between jobs as they do many contracts. typical day is very routine, management is good, hardest part was getting to some of the work locations, easier if you had a car, enjoyed working with some of my fellow colleagues
Pros
government contracts
Cons
low pay, no benefits, short term
Very unprofessional agency, mean disinterested girls, careless about people credentials, lack of honesty when dealing with people. Steer clear of this shady place. Our time is valuable as well.
Pros
I have been working with Excel HR for a few years, they have always been pleasant to work with and very accommodating. Whether you're trying to break into office work or looking for you permanent work home, they are the best in Ottawa.
If you like to work in a High School, then this is the place for you!

They lied to me about the pay structure when I first started and were super rude and mean during training.

When you left at the end of the day, they looked at you like "why are you leaving?". If you didn't live at the office, you had a target on your back.

They force you to hang out with the other staff when you don't want to and again, if you don't go, you won't be liked for having a family or friends outside of work.

Honestly, if you're looking for a positive work environment, this is NOT the place to go. It's run by a bunch of mean girls.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at excelHR?
I have been working on a job placement through ExcelHR for over 7 months.
I have been very happy working with and dealing with them.

My placement agent has always been very good to me and very quick to respond to any communication by either myself or the company that I have been working with.
I was surprised to see that their most tenued employee had been with the company for only 2 years. I see why; there is no work life balance, you work for ExcelHR to succeed while you are expected to give up your life completely uncompensated. They expect all your time and their commission structure is impossible to achieve unless you work 23 hr days (they will leave 1 hr for you to go get a coffee). Management are incompetent and have an attitude of greatness, very condescending and unappreciative. They have a shopping day which is a slap to the face, they can give you that money (which trust me you have worked like a dog for) to shop and they decide how you spend it, instead of compensating you accordingly for your work and letting you keep that for your own pleasure. Not for someone who has a life, planning a life or wants to live.
Pros
Cons
Long horus
Official response from excelHR
6 April 2018
As a former employee, we are surprised to see that your knowledge of our company is not that accurate. Our most tenured employee has actually been with us for 27 years. In fact, we have 6 employees who have been with us for over 20 years and another 14 who have been with us for 10+ years. We value our team and are invest in their professional development.

We agree that this industry is not a great fit for everyone. This is a sales role – your efforts impact your rewards. But that’s the nature of the business. Our standard work hours are 8am to 5pm and there is no expectation for team members to work additional hours. There are some employees who are dedicated to making placements and stay late to work on a search, but it is certainly not a requirement.

We have an open door policy and encourage two-way communication. If there is ever a concern about hours worked, or commission structure, team members are welcome to consult any member of the leadership team. As you look ahead to your next opportunity, we would strongly recommend that you chose in-person communication to voice your concerns so that you can reach a solution. Posting negative comments online doesn’t get you any further ahead personally or professionally.
This agency is okay if your looking for experience or starting your IT path, however they do undercut you in pay. Best advice go there if your new to IT and want to gain experience.
Pros
got a job.
Cons
Poor pay.
Much Like any other contracting company depending on contract salary is nice still uncertain whether or not i get benefits. Only been with excel for less than a year.
My first interview with an intake officer at the agency was very straight and to the point. She encouraged me and gave me the confidence I needed! Wonderful people with a lot of class and encouragement! The assignment I have is very challenging and have lots to learn! The staff are great and so helpful! I learned a new program that is so interesting and great to work with. It stores data, does billing, access clients to start programs of their own etc.
Anytime I need help from a manager, they are available and so patient with me. I am demanding sometimes to much on myself, I want to accomplish things without to much errors. The hardest part is that I tend to take my job personally and want to do too much so I have a hard time knowing what is the most important thing to do first as I think everything is important. What I love about this job is the people I work with and enjoy what we are doing for our clients as to become better for their new careers.
Pros
Free coffee + Staff who smiles
Cons
Good communication Skills and always ready to give you the right guidance and suggestion. I have been with ExcelHR for past one year and got the opportunity to have experience in OPS as well as in Federal Job market. I really recommend people to join the company for their job search. Wonderful and great collaboration and trustworthy people.The only issue is the rate scale is too low.Otherwise appreciate their dedication and hard work and prompt response.
Pros
provide good guidance and suggestion
Cons
Salary wise need to increase as working 11.25 dollars per hour is too less
Almost right away they find you stable contract.
Good ambiance in placements.

Attentive agents.

No place for salary advancement, but not always their fault.
Pros
quick access to government jobs
Cons
low salary
As a long standing member of excelHR's administrative temporary staff, I feel fortunate for the wide variety of interesting assignments with Ottawa's top employers that I have been given.

The staff are helpful, kind, and respond quickly to my questions and payroll is a breeze. The staff have offered a variety of types of roles.

Working on a temporary basis is a great way to meet new people, explore new skills and new tasks. It is challenging when you are between jobs, and a good firm will keep you busy.
Pros
continuous, meaningful work
Cons
downtime between temporary assignments
ExcelHR has very diverse and interesting job opportunities in the private and public sector. They are always very friendly and helpful when calling and presenting me for positions. They maintain the upmost professionalism and always keep my best interests at heart.
I would recommend them to everyone!
I've worked with excel on a few contracts over the past 2 years. I have found their services to be fantastic. They have always been nothing but professional, honest, and trust worthy. I have never had a bad experience with them. When I met them for an interview, it was very thorough, they asked good questions, I completed testing, and they did references. They explained the whole process so I knew what to expect. I was hired on contract shortly thereafter. I've had great salaries and was placed in really amazing work environments. They followed up with me throughout my contract and I found them to be really professional.

I'm really surprised at the other comments, my experience was nothing but amazing!

I highly recommend excelHR!
Pros
great opportunities, competitive and high paying salaries, professionalism.
Cons
can't think of anything
I have had the ultimate pleasure of being part of this wonderful firm for over 26 years. We are a family of hard working, fun and collaborative professionals who genuinely care about our clients who are seeking employments and our employers. Thank you for your open door, innovative and supportive management and mentorship! Barb Streiftau
Pros
Motivating and helpful team, fun, great management and continuous learning
I have been dealing with ExcelHR for just over two years now and can honestly say that every interaction I’ve had has been so great! They are very professional and friendly, and I am impressed with how well their company is managed. I have received check in emails once in a while, and messages just to make sure everything is going well, and any time I have had any questions they are more than willing to help answer them. During the staffing process of a particular contract, they went above and beyond! They aided in the update of my resume as well as guided me through the process making me feel at ease! Being out of work wasn’t on their list of priorities (nor mine), and it wasn’t too long before I was working again! They are such an amazing Agency, and I have received nothing but great experiences from them!
Pros
Gaining excellent admin experience
Cons
Occasional long hours, and breaks in contracts