Excavation

Excavation Reviews

Management was great, most employers and employees got along and worked proficiently

Employers are nice, funny, and easy to work with. Most of us got along, cleaning and cashier was easy with a few troubling customers. Restocking was simple and overall a decent job

Pros

Great discounts on food prices

Cons

Short hours

Très bien

Travail comme homme à tout faire g bcx appris et toucher a bcx de machinerie

Insights into Excavation

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Work in museum,

I'm looking for a job or in a museum, so as to exploit my qualities and my studies, or in a restaurant / fast food restaurant where I can work as a team with my team or wherever I can express my creativity and my liveliness.

no benefits,

No benefits, work was off and on some wk's worked 50 hours other wks worked 17, need full time work with benefits. Can't stand around for the hours makes for a long day.

descent place to work

its a descent place to work with really good people they are really safety oriented and they look after employees they have good benefits and average pay rates

Great

Super great working place. Nice people. Always busy and never late on time. Easy and nice place to work. You are the best you will be okay. Go me jjajaja

great people

these people are like family. they let me balance life and work with ease. no problems with management. very relaxed work environment. family atmosphere.

hard work

This job was difficult but challenging. I learned a lot from this job it help mold me into the mechanic I've become. the management was tough but help give me the mindset that I have today, they pushed me to become the best that I can be.

Pros

learning

Cons

not enough money

Fast paced, tight knit crew pleasure to work with

A typical day start's at 6:00am and is fast paced and busy till day's end, no matter what time that could be. Learned that I as superintendent, I lead the way , but it's the guy's in the field that ultimately produce a quality product that is on time and under budget. It's was an experience to watch such a talented group of people come together, coordinate and plan out any task that laid before them. The crew was a tight knit group that had worked together on past projects, they were safety oriented and quality driven. The hardest part was in the beginning, taking on four different projects with no previous knowledge or background of what was going on with each one. The four jobs were all in varies stages and I spent many nights and weekends getting my head wrapped around each one. Most enjoyable for me its the final walk thru with the owners, and seeing there overall satisfaction with the outcome of the project.

Pros

Good people, treated me well, good equipment

Cons

Being out of town for a year

Not the best

Very unorganized and no one to take responiblity for there job or upper managment position. The co workers are great to work with and it is easy to ger things done, but when we had to get stuff done they didnt want to get the right material for the job we had to work with that what we had. The hardest part of the job was working with the upper managment and there decisions.

Enjoyed learning life lessons

Learned a lot about life and what it takes to be successful , long days and long weeks became a second nature to me, it taught me responsibility and satisfaction of getting a job done right and proper....I don't think I would be the man I am today without all the back breaking work of being in the construction field.

Highly Motivated

Disciplined, hard working, great work ethic. Dependable. Loved working there. Everyday was a new challenge. I never stopped learning .

Specialized.

Often working where there was no space for equipment, dangerous working areas where safety is paramount, moving load supporting structures while altering foundation areas. Hard working individuals.

I did not like working for this company, because they did not support team work.

A typical day at work: Each day, I was given jobs that were physically demanding and I learned something new almost everyday about how the excavating job works. I learned how to operate heavy duty machine, equipment and trucks used in excavation. Management was very disorganized. I got along with all co-workers and they got along with me. The hardest part of my job was, not having any team organization. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning everything on my own, with operation manuals, etc. and put what I learned, into doing it hands on.

Pros

Summer time, I worked almost everyday, unless we had a heavy rain and it flooded out the site, then there was no work.

Cons

Winter time, not enough work, to support myself, which got worse with each passing year.

Area Engineer (Excavation)

• Heading and managing a team of 450 professional • Stellar role in handling the operation and maintenance large fleet of heavy earth moving machines in the open cast coal mine to produce at least two million tonnes of coal & ten million cubic meter of over burden per annum from open cast mine • Mainatain the overhauling & assembling large industrial engines of Cummins, Komatsu & GM and Allision & Komatsu power transmission to cater to needs of project • Instrumental in carrying out the spares management & repairing schedule and execution • Functional in handling modern workshop as well as a big fabrication shop with all modern amenities • Extend support services and perform the tasks of handling the repairs of different engine, transmissions, hydraulic and pneumatic components, both AC/ DC motors & generators and electric panels etc • Organize periodic meetings with the team members and followed up on the operational parameters in order to achieve the targets • Dexterously formulate the emergency organization plans & code of practices for each set of mining activities • Spearheading and managing the key decisions on the make-buy policy, procurement of machines and spares • Supervising management decision process with the worker, staffs and engineers and officers • Carried out Ad-hoc analysis to facilitate management decision making by Driving zero downtime with minimum cost of repairing with the highest mode of safety of machinery • Handling the processes to maintain the above equipments in the mine with the state of the art workshop with all the modern amenities -

Good Experience and growing Environment

I enjoyed working in that field, and wouldn't mind doing more of it. It was a great experience for me, and look forward in furthering my knowledge in Excavation in the near future.

nice workplace

liked the crew. liked the work. hard work but well worth the money and benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Excavation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement