Ewyn Studios Weight Loss Studios Employee Reviews

Exactly where I want to be!
Corporate Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Corunna, ON5 June 2019
I have a unique perspective on working for this company, and here's why - I already worked for them a few years ago, and I quit. Now I'm back. Here's the story:

I quit because I didn't like the direction the company was going - a new business partner (investor) got on board and high-pressure sales became the priority, rather than the well-being of our clients and their results. That didn't jive with me. Some staff were treated with the old-school "fear & intimidation" management style. That also didn't jive with me. So I got out.

A year or so ago, that business partner was removed from the picture and Ewyn Studios is now owned by the original partner, who has ensured the company's values align with the values he had when he started his business in the first place.

Recently, I was approached to come back to the table, and I took a chance - I'm so glad I did. I can't stress how impressed I am with the way Ewyn has turned into an ethical company with a fantastic culture. From the corporate level, there is a constant, tireless effort to improve all aspects of the business - from developing more specialized training for staff, implementing incentive programs and providing more/better support for all franchisees & their staff, to improving/developing superior products & programs. Everyone at the table has a voice, and everyone is heard. Clients are getting better and better results, ground-level staff are happier, and franchises are thriving.

Every day at Ewyn is full of ideas, innovation, inspiration, and lots of laughs. I actually look forward to coming to work each
  more... day which is an incredible gift, but I'm also afforded the ability to 'switch off' at the end of the work day. The balance is wonderful.

I strongly recommend giving this company a shot if you are considering working for Ewyn.

If you want to be a health coach, know that it is incredibly rewarding but not for the faint of heart, as coaching someone through a weight loss journey is full of ups and downs and requires strength, compassion, and determination.

If you want to own a franchise, you can look forward to an incredible support system from the corporate staff - with studio supervisors, marketing & media, ongoing training, you name it.

If you are considering a position at the corporate headquarters, you'll be a part of the most wonderful group of colleagues & friends and you'll enjoy every day. It is both challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Friendly culture, ethical company I can be proud of, competitive salary, room for advancement, good work-life balance
Cons
Currently in a stage of very fast growth which can be a challenge to keep up with
Great place to work, rewarding having clients lose so quickly.
Coach (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 June 2019
These negative reviews are not my experience, loved working there and yes the cost are a little different for every program because everyone is different. It does depend on how much weight you need to lose. Anyway I enjoyed my time there, enjoyed seeing the clients lose as quick as they did. I guess when you only work at a place for a couple weeks and the studio is brand new, it’s not as busy as it is 3 or 4 months later.
Pros
Beautiful store, great staff, rewarding work and great training.
Cons
Previous staff. Lots to learn.
Terrible Management
Personal Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON28 May 2019
Terrible management. The manager bullies employees. She treats employees like they are children, puts employees down, makes them feel like nothing they do is good enough. She sells the Ewyn program to people who she knows can’t afford it . Cares only about money not the employees. I do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Great co-workers and clients
Cons
Terrible management, under paid, can’t balance home and work life
Exactly what you don’t need
Health coach (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 April 2019
Not a great place to work they are all about sales and pushing supplements the program is hard to sell when you do not believe in it the whole staff is on program and having hard time losing weight the program pricing is changed every day one person can pay 300 and one 1500 no experience needed so if you want to work where you want to help people lose weight and get healthy this place is not for you but if you can sale like a hogwash apply they have no integrity no magic supplement for losing weight I should of walked out first week of working there but thought it would get better awful place to work no professionalism at all business not doing great will be gone soon
Pros
Clients
Cons
no over time work 10 hour days no training at all
Poor Environment
Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2019
Unprofessional, not supportive to employees
Training not consistant for lucrative growth
Work 10 hours days /4 days and 1 Saturday
Program pricing changes by the minute
Consults are 45 minutes of car salesmen style
High pressure sales of supplements
Computer programs are old versions and you are trained to write in paper files
Wasteful time management
No room for advancement
Pros
The studio is pretty and the clients are nice, offices clean
Cons
The environment is negative, low scale pay, Work 10 hour days, not many clients, bad location/little parking
Great program with lots of room for advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ewyn Studios Woodstock27 January 2019
Great company to work for in my opinion, lots of room to move up if you want to, i now own my own studio. I love the support that is provided on a daily basis and find that after working for other weight loss company's they truly care about the employees and the clients. No pressure sales and it is based on going above and beyond for each client. I love the nutritional supplements, as again from previous experience, they are designed to help give you the support you are not getting from your diet, not just give you energy. Weight loss is not for everyone but if you want a career where you are helping people every day and want something you can potentially own then you should give Ewyn a try! I am sure glad i did!
Pros
Hours, no late nights, only open 4 hours Saturdays no Sundays.
Cons
None for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ewyn Studios Weight Loss Studios. Our community is ready to answer.

Ewyn Studios Weight Loss Studios Reviews by Location