Evonik Employee Reviews

Good working environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng11 February 2019
Overall good environment which encourages career and personal growth. Has good benefits. Good working hours and does not exert physical strain to the employees
Great Culture
Managment (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TX7 February 2019
This is a great place to work. Small site locally but has a family feel. Learning culture. Good people. Batch plant, so some manual work is needed. juggling multiple things and priority changes
Pros
site lunches, people
Cons
advancement opportunitys - locally
Empresa agradável de trabalha
Jovem Aprendiz de TI (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP22 January 2019
Empresa muito boa, total atenção aos seus funcionários e ótimos benefícios!
Plenty of work
Packer (Current Employee) –  Chester, PA19 January 2019
Plenty of overtime available. Challenges galore. Company is making a lot of money. Other co-workers seem happy and content. The union is alright. It's a safe environment.
Great company but difficult to connect
Praktikantin Standortkommunikation (Former Employee) –  Hessen13 January 2019
I had a good internship experience at Evonik. I learned a lot and always got productive feedback and input from my manager.
The only thing that was difficult for me was to connect with other interns, as my office was somewhat isolated in that location and I d't really learn about joint intern activities that I could join to meet others.
Pros
Private office, great restaurants on site.
Cons
Difficulty to connect with other interns
Hay compañeros de trabajo muy amables en los que te puedes apoyar
trainee coordinador de importaciones (Current Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.10 January 2019
Una empresa mundial increíble para laboral con varios beneficios de crecimiento, así como oportunidades de reubicación.
Pros
Home office
Cons
Los permisos
Friendly and Suffiecient
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJ9 January 2019
Very role descriptions, performance management, and bonus targets
learned how to collaborate with those the supportive and governing roles within the company
Dirty, stressful job
Back up Operator (Current Employee) –  Sanford, ME 040737 January 2019
Learned a lot of machine skills, management picks favorites, and the morale is the lowest I have seen. Been lied to by management, and held back from advancement so managements favorites could get the jobs without seniority.
Pros
401K and benefits are good.
Cons
Poor training, and back stabbing is the norm.
decent pay, poor PTO policy and dry culture, very old
Applications Chemist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA1 January 2019
Very corporate top heavy structure. Lots of red tape and hoop jumping to perform simple tasks

Endless power point presentations

Good culture of promoting from within
It was a fun place to work as long as you did your wirk.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC27 December 2018
Evonik was a wonderful place to work. I started in 1999 and worked for the best group on site. My supervisor and my entire group was absolutely good to me. We were like a family and looked out for each other. There was stressful times but I still enjoyed my job. As long as you did your job there were no problems. No one looked over your shoulder. You knew what your task was and you did it. When I retired even the others that I worked with over the years and had left Evonik were there for me. Even the very first boss I had in 1999 when I started was there. I loved working there and they loved me. I would still be there today if my Mother hadn't needed me more. Recommend Evonik to anyone looking for a job. Just to end this when my Mother passed away every one in my main group was there for me. I did not expect that because I was no longer there. So I guess I must have been a great employee. Loyal, dependable and dedicated.
Pros
For me I would rack up on Admin. Day, birthday and Christmas. They were good to me.
Cons
Having to use your pto days in bad weather.

Want to know more about Evonik?

Ask a question
My job at Evonik
Lab Tech III (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, IN14 December 2018
Busy meeting daily requirements and new requests. Learned how to work with outside customers and meet their needs. Supportive managers that were team oriented. Culture was perfection as our goal.
Everyone was a pleasure to work with!
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJ12 December 2018
I was only a temporary employee. I was hoping to become a full time permanent employee; however, the employee that I would have replaced that worked in their Alabama office decided not to retire, so the opportunity was no longer available but I would have loved to work with this organization.
Pros
Nice team of people; great payroll supervisor
Cons
I wasn't hired permanently and the budget wouldn't allow them to hire an additional payroll analyst
Empresa dinâmica, com um bom ambiente para se trabalhar
Analista de Credito e Cobrança Sr. (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP7 December 2018
Empresa fornece amplos beneficios, salário compativel com o mercado, desenvolvimento (cursos)
Pros
Auxilio Educação
Cons
Não havia plano de carreia
Sicheres Arbeitsumfeld in traditionellem deutschen Konzern
Digital Workforce Transformation - Junior (Former Employee) –  Essen7 December 2018
Evonik ist ein traditioneller deutscher Konzern.
Entscheidungen benötigen viel Zeit durch hohen Abstimmungsaufwand, dies kann schon mal zu Frustration führen. Zusatzleistungen, Urlaubstage und andere Annehmlichkeiten werten den Arbeitgeber jedoch auf.
Zusammenfassend ist Evonik ein guter, solider und verlässlicher Arbeitgeber.
Pros
Mitarbeiterkantinen, Betriebsrente, Gleitzeit
Cons
Starre Hierarchien, langwierige Abstimmungsprozesse
Arbeitssicherheit
Betriebswerker Produktionslogistik Lager OS (Former Employee) –  Essen13 November 2018
Die Leiharbeiter werden nicht richtig angelernt mit Gefahrstoffen .
Boa
Operador de expedicao (Former Employee) –  Americana, SP30 October 2018
Muito boa porem a gerencia deixa um pouco a desejar, não informa onde o colaborador pode melhorar, só julgam e demitem isso e muito negativo para a empresa .
Pros
Beneficio salario ambente de trabalho
Cons
Gerencia
Internationale Unternehmen
Praktikum im Customer Interface and Development (Former Employee) –  Essen18 October 2018
Sehr gute Atmosphäre und Arbeitsklima. Internationale und hilfsbereite Mitarbeiter.
great people/team
Chemical Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Mapleton, IL5 October 2018
why am I reviewing Evonik? the union people I worked with were great and like family. especially, since I lived with them more than my own family. forced onto a fireteam, was stupid and unsafe. Luckily, the team was full of very good people.
Pros
union shop USW L7807
Cons
rotating shift / no work / life balance
Internship
Animal Nutrition Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Theodore, AL20 September 2018
Great management and healthy culture. Interns are given small projects and regular on-going work. They work around our school schedules very well. Excellent opportunity while going to school.
Quality place to work
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA19 September 2018
Enjoyed the company and people and management. As an engineer, would have preferred a plant job to a technical/lab job in the office. Overall enjoyed the learning experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evonik. Our community is ready to answer.