Evonik Industries Employee Reviews

Can't compete in this region.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Garyville, LA16 June 2018
I worked at the Garyville location for 5 years and befriended some of the hardest working folks I will ever know. The company refuses to compete in the very industrial area and the wages/benefits are lagging behind neighboring facilities. Fast paced work and it will definitely hone your troubleshooting skills. Wages were frozen for a period of 2 years and management told us, and I quote, "If you don't like it we suggest you seek gainful employment elsewhere.".... So I did, along with a large portion of the younger workforce. Great starter job, but does not reward you long term. Very narrow minded management style.
Again, greatest hourly folks you will ever have the pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great teamwork, family oriented shift
Cons
Wages benifits are not competitve for the area, Lots of mechanical/process issues not resolved leaving operations to struggle every day.
Once was a good job
Union Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Calvert City, KY16 June 2018
What used to be a good job has turned into an overwhelming and stressful place to work. There have been many jobs cuts and more are expected. There are barely enough people now to operate efficiently.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Stressful
sehr guter AG
Sachbearbeiterin im Energiebetrieb (Current Employee) –  Rheinfelden25 May 2018
Bei Evonik habe ich ca. 32 jahre geabeitet ein sehr guter AG
Habe August 1985 damals unter Dynamit Nobel Standort Rheinfelen
angefangen und bis Oktober 2015 gearbeitet.
Pros
hatte ein kurzes Arbeitsweg, sehr gute Bezahlung
Cons
wenig Miteinander
Productive and Fun environment
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Theodore, AL25 May 2018
Wonderful place to work , willing to keep you educated for advancement in the latest technology that Evonik is using .
A great German company that i recommend to experienced IT professionals.
Nepotism and Favoritism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Istanbul, Turkey18 May 2018
Dictator style leadership with a hierarchy loving manager. Being a sycophant and pampering him constantly-speaking German helps as well- qualify you to his circle of “favorite employees” where you can shape his opinions by your own opinions, gossips, lies. It goes without saying that favoritism and nepotism rule this organization. Employee retention is not an existing phenomenon here. On the contrary, he often suggests his employees to leave if they don’t like it there. It has become a joke among Evonik Ticaret employees as he says it to everyone attempting to criticize something. GM acts as an HR, too as there is no HR department and no one in the company is qualified as HR responsible. Team leaders are mostly incompetent and try to micro manage you to the point you wanted to quit. Basically you get harassed if you don’t play it by their rules.
Pros
No distinctive pros
Cons
No HR with over 50 employees.
Grandes desafios todos os dias
Técnico de Processos Industriais 4 (Current Employee) –  Castro, PR16 May 2018
Ambiente dinâmico, desafiador e inspirador.
A empresa investe em tecnologia, equipamentos de ponta.
O dia a dia é muito rotineiro, algumas vezes ha situações que exigem tomadas de ação rápidas e precisas.
Decent place to work
Chemical Operator II/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC9 April 2018
Chemical operator position at Evonik was a great learning experience. I came away from the job with a vast knowledge of chemical operation. The training was detailed and extensive, consisting of written test and in-field demonstration.
Pros
Great Training and benefits
Cons
Hard to get on Day shift
Great Job/Felt Needed and Appreciated
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Theodore, AL9 April 2018
From day one I could tell this job was unlike any other with respect to work flow. Instead of the engineer doling out the work to the designer(s) the designers brought me the work. I was still working on multiple jobs at a time as with previous jobs and still directed design.
Jó hangulatú,összetartó társaság.Remek vezetőség.
Villanyszerelő-elektrikus (Current Employee) –  Kaba19 March 2018
Minden nap érdekesen telik.
Lehetőség tovább tanulásra.
Újítások értékelése,elfogadása.
Munka legnehezebb része ha magasban kell munkát végezni.
Pros
Étkezés ingyenes.
Cons
Nincs.
Ambiente bello
operaio (Former Employee) –  Pandino, Lombardia28 February 2018
Devi andare avanti senza parlare troppo di te stesso
Pros
Orari
Cons
Troppi chiaccheroni
Terrible Environment Toxic Workplace
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL26 February 2018
I worked at the Evonik Plant when they gave the contract to CB&I so technically Evonik did not run the plant and during that time period, it was absolutely toxic. Half the workforce quit because of the lack of management.
Pros
Cons
management, pay, workplace
Temp placement
Temp placement through AEROTEK (Current Employee) –  Blair, NE20 February 2018
Just a temporary placement through Aerotek Temp Agency out of Omaha, Nebraska. Job was okay, but is now being outsourced to a facility management company.
Job Eliminated
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA14 February 2018
My job was eliminated because they put resources into an RPO. I loved the work environment as I was able to work from home. I wish they had put resources into our function rather than outsourcing.
It was okay if you could get on full time
Data Entry Clerk, Inventory (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, IN18 January 2018
Would have been nice to get hired fulltime. But if you were there shorter than me, and had a relative there, you got hired fulltime asap.
No matter how much experience on the job. Not fair at all with Lacosta, who they hire for part time work.
It was a great place to work at, I loved the job I had.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Breaks got interrupted from time to time, then no time to get one
good company with good benefits
Logistics Coordinator, Health & Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Blair, NE7 January 2018
A typical day at work at Evonik depends on what department work in. It's a face paced environment and is high stress at times. The most enjoyable part of working at Evonik was the people. Most of the people who work there are very team oriented, and enjoy sharing their knowledge.
Pros
people
Cons
high stress at times
Fast paced and challenging - very competitive
Assistant Superintendent - Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mobile, AL18 December 2017
Reactive responses to problems in the plant whether safety, environmental, or production related.

Must have good experience as process engineer to solve day to day problems.

Must be well versed in current safety, environmental, and ISO standards.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Very lean - must be able to work independently to solve plant issues.
Management has their favorites, "do as I say not as I do" workplace. Females in production are highly frowned upon.
Lab Technician/Chemist (Former Employee) –  Theodore, AL15 December 2017
I looked forward to going to the bathroom just so I could sit down, high paced workforce with good pay. However, if you're a female, good luck. Advancement was granted to the entry levels, while senior employees were relocated or terminated for unforeseen reasons unexpectedly.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Biased workplace
Lab Technician 22N (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, IN2 December 2017
I love my job at Evonik. The company treats their employees very well and the pay and benefits are great. They are very understanding about emergencies and sick days, and never give you a hard time about it.
Pros
work environment
Cons
work hours
Work-life balance
FAP Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IL15 November 2017
Not a safe environment and dangerous job. Pay and benefits are good. Overall you may become burnt out in this job position rather fairly quickly. If you're looking for hard work with decent pay this is the place to work.
They really care about their employees!
Chemical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VA4 November 2017
The company culture was very welcoming. People say hello to each other in the parking lot, even if you don't necessarily know each other. In my department people would even bring fresh fruits and vegetables from their gardens to share with colleagues Overall, they provided a lot of fun events throughout the work week that made working really enjoyable.