Everything Wine

Insights into Everything Wine

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks

Established large company

Enjoyable work experience, good team-oriented culture, average pay scale, good working hours and ample opportunity to advance within the company. Training, furthering education and certification supplied.

Toxic work culture

Need to love customer service. Need to have Serve It Right and be willing to learn and expand wine knowledge. Place lacks mature management and team cohesiveness.

Engaging and educational

Some aspects of management were very good while others were not. Some staff were amazing and fun to work wioth others were difficult to work with. Could be extremely tiring and boring when slow. Overall, you learn a lot and the customers are fun to help.

Male dominated management, unfair salary pay-with minimal benefits

Would not recommend working for this company, toxic work environment, unfair pay for the work, the company is male-dominated and not a lot of room for company advancement.

Do not apply

Paid minimum wage and there is not much room for growth within the company. Hierarchy in workplace between cashiers and the floor staff. Not a fun environment.

Pros

Discounted Wine

Cons

Terrible Pay

Great Place for Knowledge

A great place to work, especially if you want to know more about wine. The team is incredibly supportive and there is so much knowledge with all of the staff. They're always willing to lend a hand. Ecommerce is an exciting department because it is always expanding and there's lots of room for growth if you have the right attitude. It is a nice balance of customer interaction and behind the scenes work. It is a lot of physical work so make sure you're ready for that and if you are, it replaces arm day at the gym!

Pros

Access to courses, wine discounts, and lots of wine tastings

Cons

No windows/natural light in Ecommerce and business is very slow in January/February

Great place to learn and grow

Easy daily tasks leave for lots of time spent learning, exploring and discussing wine and wine culture. The store I work in has a great team of supportive people, everyone interested in your success and the success of the store. Very little drama and a large amount of passion. Easy approachable and very supportive management team. So far no draw back to working for this company.

Great place to learn about wine!

This has been an awesome place to work so far! It's only been three months and the management has already put me through WSET Level 2 (I did already have my level 1). It is a very supportive working environment, where there is constant room for growth. For those who are willing to work hard, I can see there are plenty of opportunities for career advancements. The clientele is also pretty great, as there are very few grumpy people who shop for wine. If you have a love for wine, I would greatly recommend applying to work for this company.

Fun workplace, tons of education included

Wine experience was not necessary because they provide WSET training and also in store wine training which is a huge plus for me. My typical day consists of mostly talking about wine to customers, there is a big emphasis on great customer service, and maintaining the shelf stock. Sometimes I will be at the tasting bar pouring samples for customers. I like this because it’s nice for the customer and makes them happier. Everyone is also encouraged to taste the wines that we have for sampling which I love! I’ve got to taste some really awesome wines and learn a ton of stuff. The management doesn’t micromanage which I also like. Everyone is really friendly, they all seem happy to be at work.

Pros

Wset, wine tasting, benefits, friendly coworkers

Cons

Store can be slow

fun work place, good environment

management was relaxed, people were very friendly. the job was not to repetitive, yet you could know what to expect. Warehouse was a tad bit messy but it was functional and we did the best we could with the space provided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everything Wine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement