Evergreen Retirement Community Employee Reviews

Productive and good team work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2019
It was a happy years with Evergreen with the management and mostly with co workers. Great relationship with the residents. Good workplace to learn and to mature as an employee.
Low wages
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2019
I got hired worked 5 shift and did not go back, lied about the salary when I was interviewed, I tried to stick it out but could not, big company like that and pay under wage yes it is a retirement home yes, but we still should get at least 16.00 at least, staff was great and residents was lovely, nice place to work but low low pay,like me and my son making same money and he is a student,. Then find out no benefits at all for part timers regardless even if it is 40% 🤦🏾‍♀️
Pros
Free food wow
Cons
Lie about the wage
productive and fun
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC6 January 2019
i learned to be independent
i had fun just by talking to the tenants
they are so independent that i feel that they dont need us
the hca are so good to us
Dietary
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 September 2018
It was ok only last one month manager was bit rough I quite cause they said straight I won’t be able to get my Xmas day off cause we have to work and they only allow one person so I decided to leave the hr was bit rude too
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad management
The Residents make the atmosphere great
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2018
It is an ok job if you want to gain experience but I wouldn't commit to a long term opportunity there since u don't advance within or get an annual raise. Staff is over worked and don't get rewarded for a job well done. For the few months that I worked there, I never felt appreciated by the food and beverage manager. She was never willing to accommodate some of the part time staff who were in school or had other things to do. The working environment could be better but the manager complicate things for her own team which has developed a toxic environment where I decided to quit. The Dietary Aide department have the worst turn out for people quitting. It shows poor management skills.
Pros
Discounted meals and putting a smile on the senior residents
Cons
No pay increase, poor food and beverage management, lack of encouragement to the staff
Productive and excellent opportunity to enhance working skills
Dietary Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2018
A typical day at work would be interacting with the residents. I have enhanced my knowledge of the Dietary Server food department. The management was decent and professional. The workplace culture is very welcoming to multi-cultures. The difficult part of the jobs would be high demands. The most enjoyable part of the job is the precision and fast pace of my performance, in order to fulfill the day.
Pros
Free lunches
Great workplace enviroment
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2016
Working for evergreen has been a great and challenging experience, the tenants at evergreen are wonderful, and so are the staff.
Pros
great tenants
Productive and fun cooking for the residence
Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2016
Work is really fun specially when receiving good feedback about the food we cooked. Hardest part of the job is doing work alone because we're understaffed. Other than that everything is really terrific.
Pros
free food, easy work.
Cons
under staff (working alone) sometimes, should be 3-4 cooks job
Work at evergreen
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  mississauga, On20 October 2014
A typical day at work is morning prep and setting up for lunch, breakfast is continental but prepared the day before so everything is relatively new. lunch is cafeteria style with an à la carte menu on the side just in case, we usually have a gluten free and dairy free item along with a daily soup. Dinner is the same, my co-workers are a joy to work with and every day is a fun experience.
Pros
life after work