Evergreen Nursing

Evergreen Nursing Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
Hours depend only on available needs in the community. Many nurses and not a guarantee of work. after my 3 month probation, I had found full-time elsewhere and was told unless I could offer full-time availability, I would no longer be able to stay employed. I lost my position, as casual was not what they wanted. Did NOT pay me for the hours I spent training. They only pay 4 hrs training at a time, depending on how many hours you have worked in total. In my 3 months employed, I did not accumulate enough hours and they did NOT pay me for the training, even when they told me they would no longer keep me on their list of nurses. This made me quit.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
need car and shifts are last minute, do NOT pay out training hours right away if at all.
Staff are friendly. Treated with respect. Had several job placements.
Never had a problem working for Evergreen Nursing. I was happy with my temporary job placements.
Working with Evergreen has been a good experience the management are really good and excellent in their understanding of the balance between work and family.
They both stand with their employee and clients.
Best company I have worked for so far,keeping your knowledge refreshed and at par through Relias on a wide scope of topics. Managerial team is awesome, knowledgeabl and very appreciative.
Pros
Enough working hours
Love the staff love the clients
Very proffesional maybe a little much for my liking. But they stick to rules and make sure there on your team as a company they take care of their employees. They are all about making all parties happy.You need to try them out if you haven't already. You wont regret it. You have a problem you talk communicate they fix it.
Evergreen Nursing services are highly professional and friendly.I was able to balance my work and studies. Evergreen is always ready to assist and support you personally and professionally.
A great company to work for. You do not need to remind them that you'd like to be considered for a pay review. Having worked diligently for three private home care agencies, I know.
Good communication between clients, employee and company. Excellent management. Enough support from company. Clear instructions guidelines to follow. Safe and Comfort working environment.
Management and office staff very easy to work with, supportive.
Enjoy caring for clients and their families during a very stressful time in their lives.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Evergreen Nursing?
The workload can sometimes be stressful as we deal with health care issues but my colleagues and the management are all very supportive and provide solutions that are fair to the client, to myself as an employee, and to the company.

Evergreen puts their employees as their priority and they take our well-being seriously.
Evergreen is a friendly , cheerful, and helpful company. I have worked here for many years and I can assure you that they won’t let you down. Very supportive in many ways , and makes sure that they keep it well balanced with the health care workers and the clients.
Great collaborative office team.
Approachable and effective management.

Providing the best care possible to clients in the community.

Fun, positive work environment.

Small office team, who really care about the service Evergreen provides.
Pros
Servicing the Vancouver community and meeting lots of new care aides and nurses
If a client suddenly stops the services they sometimes have a hard time giving you other clients which is not good especially if your only working for them
Great collaborative office team.
Approachable and effective management.

Providing the best care possible to clients in the community.

Fun, positive work environment.

Small office team, who really care about the service Evergreen provides.
Pros
Servicing the Vancouver community and meeting lots of new care aides and nurses
May be a challenge seeking flexible working hours.
Pay is meets the national requirment

Trainings are very helpful

Earn extra 1.5 if one works on holidays.
Evergreen has below average salaries and theres no hope that employees will ever have salary increases, a profit private agencies who don’t have an experience clinical Manager / Leader.
Pros
Christmas party
I had a wonderful experience with evergreen. The management is considerate and they support the individual needs of their employees. Needless to say, evergreen is a wonderdul company to work for.
Pros
Considerate staff
Very friendly kind staff who are very accommodating to the needs of the RN's. The staff are very nice. There is no bullying or intimidation by these schedulers. the manager is totally involved and talks with her employees and shows an avid interest in them.
Pros
Mtly newsletter..get togethers, taking pictures of social events, get togethers..ticket prizes. Very friendly family type organization
Cons
A pleasant company to be a part of. The management supports the staff as best as they can. This job has been my introduction to the Canadian culture especially in the Healthcare aspect. I mostly enjoyed meeting different people across all age groups and backgrounds. It opened my perspective in a lot of ways and I am thankful for it.
Every day i get to meet different clients from different cultures and know more about them and for me that's a learning experience and making a difference in they life.
The hardest part is time consumed getting from one client to another
Pros
fun gett to know different places
Cons
sometime few hour shift
Team work, communication skills, problem solving skills, family relationship--emphasized.

We offer support and comfort to patients and the family

by providing personalized, compassionate care for their loved one through the final months, weeks, days and hours.
Pros
excellent team-work.
Cons
too much traveling