Eventscape Inc.

Eventscape Inc. Employee Reviews

The people and atmosphere at Eventscape is unbeatable! It's amazing to see people get along the way they do and the projects they have under their belt, are unbelievable!
Very relaxed atmosphere. No room for advancements. Very snobbish crowd. Good place for fresh out if school " furniture maker" from Sheridan college. Definitely not a place for a seasoned carpenter or woodworker.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Very slow and lots of standing around
Management is slow to change. People are underpaid and reviews are strategically delayed to avoid salary increase. Very old school methods in place and there is no trust in employees. Attendance is taken every morning and evening to see if you come into work. You have to log every hour even as salaried employee. No flexibility in hours or working from home, again because of the trust in their employees.
Pros
Some Colleagues are fun
Cons
No trust or promotional opportunities
I see there is very high ratings given by company's marketing personnel. Maybe i should think about switching careers. They seem to like holiday parties.... And they are not wrong. This company is very generous when it comes to hosting Christmas banquets or summer barbecues for their employees. By the way, there is one Twitch streamer (a decent Squad gamer) who sounds like a colleague of mine.
This company works on some amazing projects, but they are so arrogant about it. Especially the owners. I learned so much here, and I'm really proud of the projects I completed. I wish my efforts had been appreciated more and I would have stayed longer. The expectation is to work 10-12hr days on a regular basis. People that only work 8hrs a day are looked down on. I recommend this company for the education and experience, but don't plan to make a a long-term career here.
Pros
Amazing projects
Cons
Extremely long hours, poorly treated staff, hard work is not rewarded
I worked directly with the owners, they are great people to work with They are easy to work with and willing to assist when needed. Opportunity for advancement
Pros
learning and advancement
Cons
no structure for wage increase
A Progressive Modern Company which strives to adapt and lead in the Data field across many applications now and for the future. High expectations of something something
Pros
Richard Parker
Cons
Evil Bats
Working at Eventscape is fantastic! Though projects get intense, as one would suspect with complex projects of various scales, diverse materials and high expectations, the great work environment and vibrant colleagues make it a delightful experience, especially when you see these projects come to life and you have contributed to them...
Pros
Stimulating Environment, Vibrant Colleagues, Great Projects
Cons
Due to rapid growth, work-load is heavy which in fact is positive
The kind of projects Eventscape works on are always larger than life and it is a unique experience to see them up close and work on them. To be able to capture the story of every project and show it to everyone is always fun. If you are from the marketing background you will have the most amazing time selling and marketing these fun projects. One thing I can vouch for is that you will never be bored and you will learn something new every single day.
Pros
Creative freedom, learn and work simultaneously
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Eventscape Inc.?
Every day is different. Amazing projects, respected and admired by everyone in the industry. Everyone wants to work with us because we fabricate such cool projects and have such a high level of quality. Working with such a high calibre of clients is especially rewarding - the top architects in the world love us.
Pros
Challenging work, team atmosphere full of smart creative people
Cons
can be stressful at times
A typical day at work involves completing sales support and lead generation tasks, such as: scheduling / managing Lunch & Learns, putting together proposals, gathering information for RFPs and RFIs, tracking marketing / sales initiatives, updating the CRM system, etc. Additionally, I oversee Digital Marketing initiatives like content curation for social media channels, deploying and overseeing paid digital advertising campaigns across renowned industry platforms, managing SEO initiatives, corresponding with Architectural / Design firms and Industrial Design Student Programs / Institutions for company sponsorships and attending annual events, etc. Over the past year, I've learned immensely about the Custom Architectural Fabrication industry in North America, as well as Toronto's Architecture and Design industries. Though I continue to provide sales support, I've also begun to transition into a more Digital Marketing role. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with Eventscape employees across various departments (Human Resources, Sales Directors, Estimators, Designers, Project Managers, IT, Accounts Payable and Fabrication Specialists). There isn't a lack of teamwork at this company, and everyone works together to determine the best solutions. The culture is also phenomenal with a welcoming, friendly and inclusive environment.
Pros
Memorable Holiday party and lunch, plus community involvement with plenty of opportunities to volunteer with coworkers
Cons
Rarely, I experience long hours due to attending Industry Events; but, I really enjoy attending and capturing social media / digital marketing footage for the company.
Coworkers are helpful and knowledgeable. Overall I enjoyed working at Eventscape and very grateful for experience that I gained. We had great accounting team.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Very stressful
Great work culture. Creative and dynamic environment that is high in its challenges, but incredibly satisfying. Excellent work-life balance. People are friendly.
The projects there are really fun and challenging. The downside is that most of the fun projects are confidential won't contribute to your portfolio..
4 May 2018
Some of our clients have confidentiality agreements in place, up until projects are installed and in-market. This helps us to maintain positive business relations. Thank you, your feedback is appreciated!
Enough time for a coffee, meet with your team and get to work Self confidence, Creativity, fabrication Excellent Excelllent Working on multiple projects at the same time Team work and completion of projects
Pros
great people
Cons
working long hours and weekends
Eventscape Inc. is an interesting and enjoyable place to work most of the time. Typical workdays usually have more than one task to perform. It is busy and there is always work to do, but work is not always befitting of an employee's profile or experience. Co-workers in the metal shop are nice to work with and make the shop a friendly experience. There is opportunity to learn and be trained, but only up to a point. Management will not advance employees in the shop to higher positions, and raises are not given based on experience or skills learned, rather they are given based on arbitrary timelines that are lengthy at best. The probationary period is very long at 6 months and opportunity for a raise is only given after 1 year, typically. Overtime is requested often, but not mandatory. Overall I enjoyed my time at Eventscape, but as the company grows and the workload increases, the metal shop workers that build extravagant projects are not quite treated with the respect they deserve by management.
Pros
Mostly relaxed environment, quality-oriented work
Cons
Non-competitive pay rates, little/no advancement opportunities
4 May 2018
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your work-experiences with Eventscape. We're making a point to ensure regular performance reviews take place in a timely manner. Our probationary periods reflect the scope of custom architectural fabrication work we receive as projects often take more than a few months to build. Management recognizes the input of their employees. The Metal Shop continues to play an important role to Eventscape and we value the hard work our employees invest in fabricating projects.
opportunity to work on large innovative decorative constructions using metals, fabrics. operate industrial metal processing equipment like miter saw, CNC tube bender, etc. powder coating/painting facility is next to production units.
Pros
Social events on some major holidays, adequate level of management, attention to detail, step oriented
We get to built unique structures and some timeless piecesChallenging projects that require collaborationPoor managementCoworkers are helpful and knowledgeable
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of operational structure
4 May 2018
As the company continues to grow and expand, operational structure is continuously reassessed, further developed and executed across teams. We appreciate your comments.
  1. Employee reviews