Events Plus Management Employee Reviews

Great staff, horrible management. The absolute WORST.
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2019
I’ve worked here for a little over a year and let me tell you i genuinely couldn’t believe what they put me through. I barely got any shifts, no benefits and worked over time with such little pay. Not only did they not really care about the employee’s, they only paid ONCE a month and reason being is “it’s more easier for the accountant”. Never again. I met amazing people there overall.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Inconsistent pay and unprofessionalism.
It was fine
Concert Maintenance and Catering Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2019
It was a part time job. We cleaned the field from veld and the field for edge fest also. Nothing spectacular or terribly we exciteing, we were incharge of picking up garbage
Positive fun workplace to work in. Best job I've ever had. People are always kind, work is fast paced but easy to understands for every person.
Runner girl, Server, Bartender (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 January 2019
A typical day at work is very fun and comfortable to wok in. Everyone is usually warm and welcoming and willing to help you with anything. The job is fairly easy and the workplace culture is very versatile. The hardest part of my job is probably the distance, when I have to travel further for specific shifts but its worth it. The best part is my job is where I get to work, the people I meet and the management.
Pros
Fun locations, management is great, comfortable space, tips
Cons
irregular shifts, no benefits
fun place , diverse people
Event staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2018
Friendly staff
Free things to take home from the events (memoirs)
Loads of different shifts
Different locations
Different events
Management sucked
Favouritism
Good and fun place to work
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Fun place to work because you get to work at different venues like Stadiums and Arenas so you get to gain a lot of experience in customer service while you meet fun people.
They have good clientele, however, management is very disorganized and they care less about their staff.
ON - Agent (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
I enjoyed working at the different venues. The staff come from different background and culture, and I enjoyed working with them. The clients themselves are also very warm and friendly.

However, I think that the company is being handled poorly by the management as they only focus on the clients. We get job notifications from the management last minute like at dawn. They will also inform us that our shift is cancelled last minute like less than 4 hours before the shift. I often get the shift's information like the uniform, venue, what to bring, who to find and what to do very late at night (2am) or very early in the morning (4am). When you get in the venue, they'll sign you in and that's it. Signing out is the difficult part at most times.

When I need to ask information or get something from the management, it will take them days or even weeks to respond. Pay usually mess up too.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work at fun and exciting venues which do concerts, sports games, weddings etc.
Pros
You'll be able to work in different fun venues.
Cons
Disorganized management, managers and supervisors are difficult to contact, The management care less about the staff, The staff get little support from the management before and during the events.
Very versatile and friendly environment.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
Working for different companies such as the rogers centre, galleries and so much more this allowed me to experience many assets of customer service through the company.
Amazing workplace
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2016
Busy working environment and positively challenging. Everyday you learn something new and what I enjoy most is the team work and support from my co-workers.
Stay Away at all cost!!
waiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2015
Events Plus Management is one of the worst agencies one can work for. First, they pay WAY less than other agencies. This is your first hint to stay away. The management is terrible as they don't get back to you in regards to payment or any other questions. There are people who were waiting for 3 months to get paid and the management never picked their phones or responded to emails. There is NO training and you are put to work and expect to know everything. If you are lucky, someone from the staff will keep you around them and show you what to do. Non of their supervisors are trained in proper procedures. They often express how "bored" they are. You are often asked to do a lot more and never offered any pay for that as well. There are also often "mistakes" in the pay.I've heard stories of management badmouthing staff and showing off how much they make off of people and still paying them less. I've seen an event order where it shows that Events Plus makes $35 per hour per person and they only give $12. They have changes of schedule and the only way they let you know is by a text at 1am and if you don't see it, it's on you. Another illegal practice is booking people then cancelling them and NEVER paying them the 4hr by law. I only worked there a short time, but I learned my lesson!
Pros
Free food at events (you can get those with any other agency)
Cons
Terrible management, low pay, terrible response time, illegal practices (sending people home and not paying 4hrs)
Poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON2 August 2015
The workers are friendly and the working environment is a positive and welcoming one but management is a mess. They're hard to reach and unorganized. They had more than one sign in sheet which made things confusing and they don't tell you when to take your breaks. Shift wise they would give you a set schedule then change it last minute and message you the night before what time your shift is. At times they wouldn't specify what position you would be working.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours
Cons
unorganized management, hard to contact
Fun and encouraging workplace environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2014
A typical day at work for Events Plus Management involved showing up to work, receiving my uniform, getting properly trained/briefed about my job for the weekend and the rest was left up to me to do a great job and sell beverages. This job includes a lot of interaction with the thousands of guests who come to the Honda Indy each year, and the tips I received proved that I did a great job. It is important to be enthusiastic and outgoing when selling and talking to guests, so you can establish a comfortable relationship and make them have that customer service experience that makes them want to come back and buy more! All of my co-workers were great and we all encouraged one another to do a great job. The hardest part of this job was carrying all the beverages, as you had to buy them then sell them and the area for selling was large. I love interacting with people and being outdoors and this job allowed for both of those making it enjoyable all around!
Enjoyable but sometimes difficult
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2013
I enjoyed working with people from different cultures, most of which were lovely and accommodating people. Getting in touch with management proved difficult.
Mixed Feelings.
Hostess and Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2012
I have mixed feelings for Events Plus Management. One supervisor harrassed me. I had respect for my Boss until I found out that he talked badly about his employers on facebook and would post these things for everyone to see. They take advantage of their workers by not giving them the proper amount of breaks.

With that said, I love my co-workers and the locations that are available for this management.
Pros
friendly co-workers. great locations.
Cons
management.