Evans Consoles

Evans Consoles Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

Stable, Safety oriented workshop with awesome team leads. Lots of overtime available

Excellent shop and excellent people. Work is mostly production, with an occasional custom piece. I got my job with them via a placement agency, starting as a packaging temp. Over time I was trained on various hand and power tools, including table saw. Management encourages cross training and tries to meet the needs of employees. Downsides are frequent busy periods and minimal raises. There is not much opportunity for career growth in the shop, unless it is your first job.

A bad life experience in the job world

Evans was focused on their own profit. They tested the employees kinda poorly. I as others worked there for 5 yrs with a freeze on wages. That's not really being a concerned employer. They told us 25% of the shop would be getting a bonus. When the time came they gave all 100% of the bonuses to the shift supervisors. They had no problem telling us that. It was even done in a group meeting. We did all the work yet only the supervisors were recognized. That was the start of the end for me. When they finally got around to stopping the wage freeze l received 1.50$ per hr. This was after 5yrs of service in the company. If that wasn't unfair enough they also wanted to change my job. I was happy doing what l was doing already. This transfer was not going to be with a raise. I was already trained in 3 different jobs. Now there would be 4 different jobs l was 100% capable of. All that and only a 1.50$ an hr raise. This company is worth millions of dollars. I spent far to long there, that's my own fault. There's no way l could recommend anyone to work there.

Pros

Cheap cafeteria

Cons

No advancement

very competitive, is not what you know, but how long you have been there

Very competitive, is not what you know, but how long you have been there. When you are salary they expect you work 10 to 12 hours a day. Very bad culture

Pros

benefits start the first day of work

Cons

no work-life balance, long hours

Very very supportive management,lovely culture and fun and free coffe/tea

I love to work with Evans Consoles Corporation.Very nice Mixed culture, supportive management . Full Job security. Benefits are good but not great specially Dental benefit.

A productive and knowledgeable environment for the workplace

The environment was very relaxed and stress free, regarding the company's emphasis on productivity. Everyone was willing to communicate with one another, given that I was placed under product development, so assistance was guaranteed.

Great people, horrible management

Run the other way. This place is a soul crushing career killer. The front office is a revolving door, and for good reason. There is no room for advancement, there is no reward for going above and beyond. The best employees are taken advantage of while the worst are left to their own devices. This place is every Dilbert cartoon, every meme about bad management. If you're new to the work force looking for your first job, great. Go work at Evan's for a year. Then leave. There are no raises, bonuses or advancement, no room for free thought, and if you stay too long you'll get stuck with a set of very specific untransferable skills and you'll end up there for life hating every second of it. If you're a horrible employee it's a great place. You can get drunk at lunch, watch netflix all day, show up late and leave early. You can complain about everything. Management will be so busy riding the good employees about every little thing they wont notice.

Pros

Fantastic coworkers

Cons

Owned by the living embodiment of scrooge mcduck

Its ok

It's not that bad or great in any particular way. It's a job to go to that kinda pays most of the bills and it is a reasonable environment. What are you going to do with this review?

paid lunches

good place to work if you want to work a lot of hours.Everybody knows their job and you are able to do your work at your own pace as long as the jobs get done because everybody is proud of what they do.

Pros

paid lunches

Cons

wages are low.

Good place to gain experience

The people really make this place, most of the people are kind and helpful. As the company has progressed and gained new leadership I've found it extremely disorganized and moral low. They do not seem to know how to leverage their staff properly. Tighter and tighter deadlines with reduced staffing in certain departments and in other departments people have ample time to waste. Salary could be better, not much room for advancement.

Pros

Kind people

Cons

Long hours, mismanaged

Growing company

Good work environment, casual management good work hours.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Evans Consoles?

Great employer

I learned a great deal about A/P cycle. However salary was low and advancing with in the company was a long road.

Cons

Parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evans Consoles. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement