Evans Consoles

Evans Consoles Management reviews

Clear

Stable, Safety oriented workshop with awesome team leads. Lots of overtime available

Excellent shop and excellent people. Work is mostly production, with an occasional custom piece. I got my job with them via a placement agency, starting as a packaging temp. Over time I was trained on various hand and power tools, including table saw. Management encourages cross training and tries to meet the needs of employees. Downsides are frequent busy periods and minimal raises. There is not much opportunity for career growth in the shop, unless it is your first job.

Well, It's work.

A typical day at work, you will see people sucking up to the manager.... And everybody definitely sucks up to the owner.The higher you are in management, the more godlike you feel.Layoffs happen because the owner needs more income and less expense so why not pack the work of 2 people to 1, then they realize that they need the position that they whacked.

Pros

You get a feeling of unity in the team during Christmas lunches

Cons

You have a feeling of "FCK, it's Monday again" or "S**T rolls downhill"

Unfair dismissal

While working at Evan's consoles, I met a lot of nice people. Work was always fast paced. There was a lot of heavy lifting. There's no time for screw ups, you have to be efficient. If someone from management does not like you, you will automatically be let go!

Not bad, but far from great

People had high expectations that seemed unfair at time to for those that lacked experience. Management thought that the warehouse existed and that the world outside was unimportant so having life come up was inexcusable.

Very very supportive management,lovely culture and fun and free coffe/tea

I love to work with Evans Consoles Corporation.Very nice Mixed culture, supportive management . Full Job security. Benefits are good but not great specially Dental benefit.

Great people, horrible management

Run the other way. This place is a soul crushing career killer. The front office is a revolving door, and for good reason. There is no room for advancement, there is no reward for going above and beyond. The best employees are taken advantage of while the worst are left to their own devices. This place is every Dilbert cartoon, every meme about bad management. If you're new to the work force looking for your first job, great. Go work at Evan's for a year. Then leave. There are no raises, bonuses or advancement, no room for free thought, and if you stay too long you'll get stuck with a set of very specific untransferable skills and you'll end up there for life hating every second of it. If you're a horrible employee it's a great place. You can get drunk at lunch, watch netflix all day, show up late and leave early. You can complain about everything. Management will be so busy riding the good employees about every little thing they wont notice.

Pros

Fantastic coworkers

Cons

Owned by the living embodiment of scrooge mcduck

worst place to work for EVER!!!!!

The worst place I've ever worked for, everything about it just screams don't work here, the moral is incredibly low, I was doing everything in my power in the tasks in which they asked of me and then some and all I got in return is crapped on so I'm glad I left there and will never ever go back there

Pros

Nothing!!!

Cons

Low moral, Expect too much of their employees

Good place to gain experience

The people really make this place, most of the people are kind and helpful. As the company has progressed and gained new leadership I've found it extremely disorganized and moral low. They do not seem to know how to leverage their staff properly. Tighter and tighter deadlines with reduced staffing in certain departments and in other departments people have ample time to waste. Salary could be better, not much room for advancement.

Pros

Kind people

Cons

Long hours, mismanaged

Growing company

Good work environment, casual management good work hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evans Consoles. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement