Evans Consoles
View all Evans Consoles reviews

Evans Consoles

Evans Consoles Employee Review

Unfair dismissal

While working at Evan's consoles, I met a lot of nice people. Work was always fast paced. There was a lot of heavy lifting. There's no time for screw ups, you have to be efficient. If someone from management does not like you, you will automatically be let go!

3.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

A good company providing reliable hours at a decent starting wage.

I loved the job for i was good at it; mostly because I am good with my hands and am spatially sound. Which comprised 90% of the job at Evans Consoles. However i did not fit into the work culture as I am not of Filipino decent.That being said, I believe that they did try to incorporate me into the company as a "valued employee"; however I found this difficult to believe as I had to "seek out" more work on a hourly basis.

Pros

A professionally sound company.

Cons

Language Barriers / Hoarding of work to be done.
Same location

Good Product - Bad Management

If you are a favourite you will do well here regardless of how good you work is. Be prepared to be micro managed but upper levels of management and have long hours with 0 recognition for work effort put in. Upper management only cares about $ figures.
Same location

A bad life experience in the job world

Evans was focused on their own profit. They tested the employees kinda poorly. I as others worked there for 5 yrs with a freeze on wages. That's not really being a concerned employer. They told us 25% of the shop would be getting a bonus. When the time came they gave all 100% of the bonuses to the shift supervisors. They had no problem telling us that. It was even done in a group meeting. We did all the work yet only the supervisors were recognized. That was the start of the end for me. When they finally got around to stopping the wage freeze l received 1.50$ per hr. This was after 5yrs of service in the company. If that wasn't unfair enough they also wanted to change my job. I was happy doing what l was doing already. This transfer was not going to be with a raise. I was already trained in 3 different jobs. Now there would be 4 different jobs l was 100% capable of. All that and only a 1.50$ an hr raise. This company is worth millions of dollars. I spent far to long there, that's my own fault. There's no way l could recommend anyone to work there.

Pros

Cheap cafeteria

Cons

No advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evans Consoles. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement