EV Logistics Employee Reviews

i love driving if i am having truck of my choice.i want my truck to be neat and clean every time
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC11 April 2019
work was good but no benefits was included in this job...so much waiting time but not enough pay for wait .dispatch was always making me stuck at weekends.
Pros
15 min free two breaks
Cons
13 hours
Good working environment. Attractive compensation
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 December 2018
Job duties involved intensive picking boxes all day while driving a pallet jack. Time-bound picking involved a huge amount of effort. Overtime was available.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
heavy duty work
Good job for students but not a great career option
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC30 October 2018
This is a good job for students with a decent starting wage and flexible hours. Part timers are only required to work 16 hours per week, one day of which must be either Saturday or Sunday.

Full timers get more money but generally have much less flexibility in scheduling.

The work is very physical (building pallets of product using a headset) and gets quite boring after you've been there a while. It is also quite lonely as all orders are timed through the headset and therefore unless you are extremely fast at the job, you don't have a lot of free time to spare while still hitting performance targets.

You can eventually move on to other tasks such as reach truck operator or loader once you've been there for a while.

There are hourly wage bonuses applied for hitting certain performance targets on a per paycheck basis.

Management is generally fairly nice but is under pressure to have employees on their team hit performance targets and that can show in their interactions with employees.

Wages increase based on total hours worked rather than any sort of merit system, and cap out after a certain number of hours. There is also nearly always overtime available for those who wish to work extra hours.

It is also a unionized job so there is some protection there against any sort of abuses from the company itself, though there is always a bit of a tug-of-war going on between the union and the company, over what is acceptable and what is not.

Overall it is not a very fulfilling job for anyone with any real ambition, but is a workable option if you really need a
  more... stable job that can often provide overtime hours in order to pay for any financial shortfalls.  less
Pros
Lots of overtime if you want it, stable source of income
Cons
extremely physical work, tough to achieve performance targets, lonely work, extremely repetitive work
Sucks
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC8 October 2018
A good place to work at first but their only concern is you reaching the 100 percent mark and I thought that the orders didn’t really give you enough time to finish it. Way too many people there it’s hard getting to where you need to be. Management don’t know how to manage at all, I got treated badly for years there what a waste of my time there.
Pros
They gave us bbqs
Cons
Management sucks
fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC7 August 2018
it s a place to work at, the management are good and and the supervisprs are not the bullying typpe. lots of room for advancement and the enviroment is conducive for work
Pros
free lunch
good first job
Warehouse Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC25 July 2018
if you have little or no job experience EV will hire just about anyone. which can be a good thing or a terrible thing. worked out well for me since i got experience out of it
Pros
lunches, t shirts
Cons
always want you to work overtime
Hard work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC17 July 2018
Hard work, make sure you're up for it and not just looking at the hourly pay.

First job every Good experience
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 June 2018
Was fun getting things done but super hard work and a lot of heavy lifting. Nice people and a lot of support and safety was number one there. Had to race towards time and get order dine before time limit.
Pros
Get to drive around on a machine and the free foods and events
Cons
heavy lifting and time limit
Obtain and understand work orders for shipping and receiving goods
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  British Columbia24 May 2018
Obtain and understand work orders for shipping and receiving goods.
Refer to work order to determine order to be picked.
Ensure that picked items are not damaged.
Union
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 April 2018
Only time I worked in a union and I enjoyed it. You move up based on when you got hired and get job assignments as such. Management sucked but whatever
Pros
Free Lunches Sometime
Cons
Possible Injury
Repetitive Tasks and Lots of Work -hard to advance
Clerical/Admin/Office (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC1 March 2018
The paycheque isn't worth how much work you're given and expected to finish within 8 hours. Because your bucked is filled with these tasks it's really hard to be trained to do anything else.

Their company policy is that they DO NOT PROVIDE REFERENCES after you leave so you can work hard but they won't help you out when you need their reference.
Pros
Lots of BBQ's
Cons
Long Hours, No reference after you leave
fast pace job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 January 2018
it was fun but the picking rate is a bit unrealistic for new trainees and the consequences for not meeting the percentage they want right away results in extended probation
Pros
good pay, 2 speed pilot jacks
Cons
picking percentage
Safety is their last interest
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 January 2018
I worked as a picker and at first it was nice and staff was friendly, but when I brought up safety concerns they didn't care at all. They cared more about me trying to get to 100% then if I get knocked out cold from pickle jars. On several occasions I've had boxes fall on my head from what they call "pyramid picking", luckily the boxes were light. Twice I have broken packs of pickles because the so called "pyramid picking" made the stack unstable. If only Overwatiteas saw how they treat their investments and how little they care about their products, and if only WCB saw how their location is ran. I just wish they'd care about their employees safety as much as they care about productivity and how much their code of conduct states.
Pros
Free food on special occasions, free gym
Cons
Everything else
Working for EV logistics
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC1 December 2017
EVL is 24/7 operation business supplying grocery items to Save-On-Foods and other stores across BC and Alberta. Great company culture and lots of opportunites for career advancement.
Pros
Stay fit and make money at the same time
Cons
Need to good physical endurance
EV logisits forklift driver
Warehouse Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC22 September 2017
lots of overtime hours, the crew was very disrespectful.Safely operate material handling equipment including pallet jacks, reach trucks and counter balance forklifts; Repetitive, heavy lifting of product
Order picking using automated voice-directed technology and palletizing of grocery products
Repetitive
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC17 September 2017
Easy job for the first few weeks, other employees are outgoing and friendly!

-Hard on the back if not lifting correctly
-Moving up in seniority is hard
-Wage is too low from what you're doing all day
Pros
Easy
Cons
Repetitive
Challenging environment with high expectations
Operations Supervisor and Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 June 2017
Very busy sites with high expectations for the supervisory team. Sometimes it can become a bit tense with so many people and differing opinions but people try their best to be fair. If it is your first job it will be very hard and if you aren't used to labour work it will be very hard. Once you gain experience and skill the work becomes easier and the flexibility of the work schedule is great for students. Supervisors are given lots of training and encouraged to stretch themselves to become better leaders.
Pros
Lots of training and corporate support, special events
Cons
Repetitive hard labour
The real professional experience if somebody wants.
Coach (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC14 June 2017
My position as a coach in a warehouse as large as its challenging to say the least and doing everything is challenging and interesting is benefit. Your attention to detail and ability to foresee bottle necks and avoid them is greatly appreciated especially during times of extreme pressure like the management team.
In addition on this doing particular projects those extra hours we worked while maintaining the standard of excellence that’s what leadership greatly contributed to our facility to satisfy our clients and coworker. Words of appreciation are at par and we all are sincere to EVEVEVEV…Enjoy very much.
Pros
yes, only for those who works to challenge
Cons
xyz
Good entry level labor position however job is quite difficult for the pay offered
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 April 2017
At EV logistics one is expected to preform in regards to a performance scale designed to maximize labor efficiency and minimize rest for the workers.

I believe the level of performance and speed that is expected by the company to meet standards and pass probation is unrealistic and is causing the workers to work at an unhealthy pace which is prone to injury.
EV Logistics
Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC24 March 2017
Working at EV Logistics is something you'd expect working at a warehouse. My position here was picking orders at a very high pace. What made me leave this company was that at EV Logistics, I just felt very lonely. As you are put in a room picking orders for the whole day. Even on breaks/lunch break, you can't really communicate with your co workers in the break room because they all usually have their own groups that they talk to, and most of them prefer to be alone and eat their lunch. But aside from that. The supervisors at EV Logistics are very fair on how they operate the warehouse. I don't have any complaints about them as they were very nice and tried to help me get settled within the company. The two trainers are very nice as well. Some co-workers are mean, as one time I was trying to get by someone and their machine, but he just refused to and just parked his machine in the middle of aisle and continued picking his orders ? There are some helpful guys , but there are also those workers that will hate on new workers. To be honest now, I like how the company strives for safety within the workplace, but there is no way that we can work safely picking at such a high pace with such little time to do the order. You'd have to be natural with the job.
Pros
Nice supervisors, helpful trainers, enforces safety.
Cons
Feeling isolated, some difficult workers to work with, very high paced. Not enough time to finish orders. Mean workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EV Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.