EV Logistics Employee Reviews

Repetitive Tasks and Lots of Work -hard to advance
Clerical/Admin/Office (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC1 March 2018
The paycheque isn't worth how much work you're given and expected to finish within 8 hours. Because your bucked is filled with these tasks it's really hard to be trained to do anything else.

Their company policy is that they DO NOT PROVIDE REFERENCES after you leave so you can work hard but they won't help you out when you need their reference.
Pros
Lots of BBQ's
Cons
Long Hours, No reference after you leave
fast pace job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 January 2018
it was fun but the picking rate is a bit unrealistic for new trainees and the consequences for not meeting the percentage they want right away results in extended probation
Pros
good pay, 2 speed pilot jacks
Cons
picking percentage
Safety is their last interest
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 January 2018
I worked as a picker and at first it was nice and staff was friendly, but when I brought up safety concerns they didn't care at all. They cared more about me trying to get to 100% then if I get knocked out cold from pickle jars. On several occasions I've had boxes fall on my head from what they call "pyramid picking", luckily the boxes were light. Twice I have broken packs of pickles because the so called "pyramid picking" made the stack unstable. If only Overwatiteas saw how they treat their investments and how little they care about their products, and if only WCB saw how their location is ran. I just wish they'd care about their employees safety as much as they care about productivity and how much their code of conduct states.
Pros
Free food on special occasions, free gym
Cons
Everything else
Working for EV logistics
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC1 December 2017
EVL is 24/7 operation business supplying grocery items to Save-On-Foods and other stores across BC and Alberta. Great company culture and lots of opportunites for career advancement.
Pros
Stay fit and make money at the same time
Cons
Need to good physical endurance
EV logisits forklift driver
Warehouse Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC22 September 2017
lots of overtime hours, the crew was very disrespectful.Safely operate material handling equipment including pallet jacks, reach trucks and counter balance forklifts; Repetitive, heavy lifting of product
Order picking using automated voice-directed technology and palletizing of grocery products
Repetitive
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC17 September 2017
Easy job for the first few weeks, other employees are outgoing and friendly!

-Hard on the back if not lifting correctly
-Moving up in seniority is hard
-Wage is too low from what you're doing all day
Pros
Easy
Cons
Repetitive
Challenging environment with high expectations
Operations Supervisor and Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 June 2017
Very busy sites with high expectations for the supervisory team. Sometimes it can become a bit tense with so many people and differing opinions but people try their best to be fair. If it is your first job it will be very hard and if you aren't used to labour work it will be very hard. Once you gain experience and skill the work becomes easier and the flexibility of the work schedule is great for students. Supervisors are given lots of training and encouraged to stretch themselves to become better leaders.
Pros
Lots of training and corporate support, special events
Cons
Repetitive hard labour
The real professional experience if somebody wants.
Coach (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC14 June 2017
My position as a coach in a warehouse as large as its challenging to say the least and doing everything is challenging and interesting is benefit. Your attention to detail and ability to foresee bottle necks and avoid them is greatly appreciated especially during times of extreme pressure like the management team.
In addition on this doing particular projects those extra hours we worked while maintaining the standard of excellence that’s what leadership greatly contributed to our facility to satisfy our clients and coworker. Words of appreciation are at par and we all are sincere to EVEVEVEV…Enjoy very much.
Pros
yes, only for those who works to challenge
Cons
xyz
Good entry level labor position however job is quite difficult for the pay offered
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 April 2017
At EV logistics one is expected to preform in regards to a performance scale designed to maximize labor efficiency and minimize rest for the workers.

I believe the level of performance and speed that is expected by the company to meet standards and pass probation is unrealistic and is causing the workers to work at an unhealthy pace which is prone to injury.
EV Logistics
Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC24 March 2017
Working at EV Logistics is something you'd expect working at a warehouse. My position here was picking orders at a very high pace. What made me leave this company was that at EV Logistics, I just felt very lonely. As you are put in a room picking orders for the whole day. Even on breaks/lunch break, you can't really communicate with your co workers in the break room because they all usually have their own groups that they talk to, and most of them prefer to be alone and eat their lunch. But aside from that. The supervisors at EV Logistics are very fair on how they operate the warehouse. I don't have any complaints about them as they were very nice and tried to help me get settled within the company. The two trainers are very nice as well. Some co-workers are mean, as one time I was trying to get by someone and their machine, but he just refused to and just parked his machine in the middle of aisle and continued picking his orders ? There are some helpful guys , but there are also those workers that will hate on new workers. To be honest now, I like how the company strives for safety within the workplace, but there is no way that we can work safely picking at such a high pace with such little time to do the order. You'd have to be natural with the job.
Pros
Nice supervisors, helpful trainers, enforces safety.
Cons
Feeling isolated, some difficult workers to work with, very high paced. Not enough time to finish orders. Mean workers.

Want to know more about EV Logistics?

Ask a question
Job was great
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 March 2017
EV was a great job, i really enjoyed working there. It allowed me to get daily work out due to the heavy lifting and always moving
Pros
Good hours
Cons
heavy lifting
good work environment
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC11 January 2017
fast paced environment
physical demanding job
helpful co-workers
time management sometimes becomes hard
challenging work environment enjoyable
Productive place with gym facility
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC10 January 2017
shift starts early in 6 o clock
Learnt techniques to picking heavy items, placing in good manner,
making skids, driving a palate-jack,
Health & Safety rules,
co-workers are very nice and kinds, helps in anyways
good place to work with a weight room
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 November 2016
Well a typical day at work would be operating a pallet jack assembling and picking groceries with a headset provided. Learning how to count accurately stack properly on pallets. Management was fair and supportive. Me and my co-workers worked in a fast paced enviroment and followed all safety procedures. The hardest part of the job lifting bending walking on your feet all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was stacking good pallets for the customer.
Pros
bonoses
Cons
heavy lifting
Reach operator (former)
reach operator (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 June 2016
EV. Is a joke. They care more about the bottom line and doing things fast that safety or doing things right. Management is at best tyrannical at worst barely competent. (Having been told at one point that doing my job meant putting batteries in reach trucks over cleaning up a potentially fatal hydraulic spill ) when I disagreed and supported the need to clean the spill in a timely manor with wcb regulations was rewarded with a suspension for daring to speak of the dreaded work safe standards.

Oh they have unlimited over time, they also tend to force over time and lock people in the building so they cannot leave until the job is done. Workers in third world countries get better treatment.
Pros
Easy paid training
Cons
everything else
Great job if looking to get payed to essentially work out.
Perishable Wearhouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC12 April 2016
Typical day of work includes roughly 7 hours of hard labour with difficult to achieve expectations.
Learned to successfully and safely operate a pallet jack, as well as stack up to 250 boxes in a safe and controlled manner.
Management was strict and usually unavailable, as workers were required to complete jobs in very small amounts of time.
Hardest part of the job was building a complete pallet within the small amount of time given.
The most enjoyable part of the job was driving the pallet jacks.
Pros
Decent pay, unlimited overtime.
Cons
Completely solo job, no teamwork whatsoever. Very competitive.
Job made for Robots!
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 April 2016
I just got kicked out from this company after 2 months of hard work. They say I am not 100% fast in picking orders, which is practically not possible for any new guy. I worked hard on floor, pushing to do 100% all day but naturally was not fast enough. Few points to say here from my experience,
1.The job was tough with using head sets,
2.The task time is very low
3.They got safety first rule, but the actual rule was to pick fast no matter what!
At the end; Only a few can survive in this work who are fortunate in speed other will be kicked out for sure. That's why you see they are always hiring New Guys!
Pros
paid training
Cons
Here Speed Matters Not Safety
It was a very safe work envirnoment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC31 March 2016
It was very safe while working at EV Logistics, but also the managers are unreasonable towards changing shifts. All the warehouse workers are nice and will help you along on the job.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Strict policy
Stressful do to corporate Running of buisness
narrow isle Mechine Operator (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC1 March 2016
Each day seemed long and very stressful. I Learned you can not meet expectations for this company without risking your safety. Poor Management they would rather bring in new people to train rather to show respect to their senior employees. It was very difficult working with certain co-workers due to the lack of respect and lack of understanding of the majority of the co-workers due to the fact that 90% of the work force were not of English speaking Origns and it was hard to communicate and to be able to point out unsafe behavior. The Hardest part of the job was to complete my tasks safely as well as up to expectations. The Most Enjoyable part was getting to go home at the end of the day.
Pros
Was able to get train and certified on MHE Equiptment
Cons
Stressful because of pressure to preform at the risk of safety
barbeques t-shirt giveaways
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 March 2016
On any given day you do not know what your equipment will be like which is quite stressful. Going forward their is bonuses in place for a good job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EV Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.