Eurest Employee Reviews

Found 48 reviews matching the search See all 1,295 reviews
temporary at best
cook (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK8 January 2019
many many loop hole polices that they can use to hold above you
criticize your every move while spectating from afar.
write ups seem to mood based and up to "management"
lack of wholeness as a group
general feeling of unsatisfaction in the work place or even fear.

if you enjoy living in fear of your bosses who likely will burn you and abuse you on a continual bases while union idly watches you burn.
i can assure you this job is not for the faint of heart or wallet as suspensions, sick leave and stress leave are not paid for.

after union dues and taxes i would take home about as much as I made making 12$ an hour. leaving me with no money to use the befits as you have to be reimbursed for your discounts

this is a monster corporation. steer clear of their apathy
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
no breaks, management that encourages cut throat behaviours.
Good company bad management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON15 May 2018
Eurest and Compass are very large companies. In order to get ahead an individual must exert themselves to be a true difference maker as competition is fierce and advancement is merit based over simply the duration of time spent in a position
Pros
Good benefits, good hours, huge company so many places and opportunities to move around and up
Cons
Zero training, poor support by upper management, unrealistic expectations.
eurest summary
General Help/Transporter - General Help (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON10 May 2018
I worked for eurest cafeteria at the bruce power plant and I found it always to be fast paced, high demand for the lunch period, the staff was nothing short of excellent.
benefits
Cons
management needs changing
It was ok
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 February 2018
Decent place but workers are rude

The duties we had to do were ok but no one respected us at all

Management was horrible
Super long hours
Lunch breaks were short
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
very productive and fun
Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 April 2018
start at 7 a.m. cleaning bathrooms taking garbage out helping out were needed. helping out other employees if needed. got along good with management. got along with other employees. i enjoyed my job. cleaning is something i enjoyed doing.
Pros
2 paid breaks
Cons
no cons
poorly managed and mostly a toxic enviroment
Catering Server (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 January 2018
I worked for this company for over twenty years. I believe had the union not been there it may have been easier for management and worker to build a better relationship. As it was one of the better jobs in windsor in the early 90's it quickly dropped and never recovered. Example in 1994 I made 11.63/hour and there was 160+ workers by 2014 i had only increased to 15.45/hour and there were only 16 workers left
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
relaxed and friendly environment to work in
Heavy Duty Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON19 January 2018
i enjoyed cleaning through Eurest Services because you had a route you had to follow every night, you were always open to learning new things. the management was great to talk to when needed. the hardest part of the job was the midnight shift and i liked knowing what had to be done and how you felt once things were all finished
Horrible
Central Stores Supervisor/Honda Canada Mfg (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON5 March 2016
Horrible management skills. No staff retention due to lack of incentives and perks and NO raises, over worked with policies and procedures for min wage.
Do not care for their employees or their concerns only care about the bottom line and profit margins. Horrible CONTRACT company that keeps changing its name. Stay AWAY unless you like to have little to no moral and get pushed around by the people you slave for each day.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything else!
Love my job
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC16 May 2018
Lots of fun and nice people love the people I work with! Have never had a problem with this job, just gets very busy. Just have to know how to be fast pace.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Stressful
Excellent place to work, good manager and employees
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
We have a schedule to follow and good support from your supervisor to do all ours duty. The must enjoyable part of the job is the interaction you could have with the other persons inside the company.
Pros
Good team.
Cons
Night shift
Working with Eurest
Heavy Duty Cleaner  (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON9 June 2013
A typical day at Eurest Services, started bright and early.
Step 1, Sign in,
Step 2. Prepare, working utilities,
Step 3, Get to work!
I learned and passed WHMIS course, how to drive a Zamboni machine, what to do if there's a factory fire, how to handle different cleaning, chemical substances and social skills.
The management was organized but employer needed to help more and communicate better with employee's.
The hardest part working at Eurest was, driving the Zamboni machine, we had to watch for hot flash from magnesium machines, watch for pedestrians and make sure we didn't break the machine...
The most enjoyable part of this job, was earnings and meeting new people everyday.

Pros
Breaks, Social, independence, driving skills
Cons
Unexpected shift switch, unpaid lunch, hot temperatures
I deliver food to correctional Instatutions
DZ Driver (Current Employee) –  Milton, Ont.23 January 2013
go in take tempature of 5 meals document on proper paper work. Go start truck do my circle check. Start loading truck with last to come off first to go in.
I have learned about working under a goverment contract how all T's need to crossed an I's dotted. It is a very high demanding job. Co-works I don't see alot of as I would start befor anyone else gets in and little communication when I get back as I have already put a long day in and just finish my paper work hand it in if office is open.

The management are there when you need them if there are problems,they need to be called to advise me of my next step. As there is procedures to follow.

The hardest part of the job would be the over nights, I will drive to Ottawa try and get there so I can rest, as I need to be at each delivery at a certin time.

I like being in a truck like by myself, it is like being my owen boss. I love being on the road and seeing Ontario.
Part time job 5 hour from Monday to Friday
Janitorial Cleaners (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2013
> starts at 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm Monday to Friday.
> learned to be punctual at all time, learned to used different kind of tools, time management on site.
> management are supportive too, before you go on your designated site we have a small meeting to discuss some issues or small problems how to avoid such problems, they always reminding safety precautions.
> it not hard to deal because we are all Filipino, we can easily communicate and understand each other because we used our own dialect.
> the hardest part is when one member of your team is absent, and when they transferred you in other site.
> when there is cooperation among members to do task...
never happy want the impossible
Night Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 January 2018
i didn't like my time with them it was going good than all of a sudden no matter what i did or improved on my work was never enough kept saying i was good but than randomly not good enough i strongly suggest people stay away
No communication
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 September 2014
While I was at this company for 5 years, i found that there was no communication between not only the management and the employees but between the management and supervisor. There were a lot of good people who worked for this company who left due to the communication being unsatisfactory. The co workers were always nice and welcoming. The management was very bland not much emotion or sympathy toward their employees and favoritism was always a problem at the workplace. The most enjoyable time at this company was all the new faces i got to meet an befriend.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Favourtisim and no communication
A fun place to work and build skills
food assembly and line manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON16 December 2014
I enjoyed the workplace and participating in the quotas we had to meet for promotions in the group it was very competitive but I had fun in the Work place.
it was ok
Toronto Eaton Center Food Court (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2012
management was corrupted. the days where long. the staff was full of weird people
Pros
free food
Cons
It's a challenging place due to very demanding customers yet rewarding at times.
Restaurant manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 December 2014
We cook and serve food to customers.from 7:30 - 3:00 Monday through Friday. We have a great staff, very reliable and honest. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers and having no one on our side supporting us when there is an issue. The most enjoyable part of the job is cooking.
Pros
Great hours, no weekends, no late nights, and pretty good benefits.
Cons
The only con would be is I have no support from my boss or District Manager.
Most relaxed heavy duty job
Part-time, overnight (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
It is a heavy duty cleaning job however my coworkers are totally type B's.
Typical night, I do carpets, sometimes cleaning the food court, washrooms etc...
The management is poor. Changing schedules almost in the last minute without notifying you. Clear favoritism, with little to no explanation as to why he has changed schedules so abruptly.
Pros
Relaxed jobs, good coworkers
Cons
poor management, favouritism
Compass Group Canada, a multi-national company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2014
Due to its large size, there is ample employment opportunity if you are able to move to other cities. The huge buying power allows for a great benefits package. Nice people to work with.
Pros
benefits package, free lunches
Cons
odd work schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eurest. Our community is ready to answer.