Eurest

Eurest Employee Reviews

Canada63 reviews
Management is pretty easy going it's a great group of ppl. Typical day can be fast pace but typically nothing you cant handle. Culture of eurest is heavey duty industrial janatorial aka "janatress"
They treat you like family, and help each other in anyway they can. Setting up for events, cleaning and inventory is when everyone comes together. Great company
days and afternoons can be a stressfull ordeal but midnights is a calm and even paced shift more team focused then other shifts. the main focus of the job is sanitation and maintianing offices and floors.
Management has favorites, and don't care about the well being Of their employees. They also prefer the employees that like to slack over the employees that bust their butt.
its really fun environment workplace and its easy job because the supervisor is really kind and nice man.all the employees are nice and helpful. and also the student are friendly and respect full.
i had a good time to work with the company the are honest and responsible
also the time to start and end your shift is flixable and easy for to working with public transportation
I worked there for only one winter but I learned a lot from the job like food prep, cashier experience, and how to make mini donuts, and popcorn, and how to keep a tidy work space.
The work load is not even management is lacking which lead to a poisonous or toxic work relationship.
Pluses the work is not strenuous and they supply fork lift training where applicable.
Not a good place to work but it's a job
Staff are great managment only cares about bottom line over worked under paid wont pay overtime forced to bank hours then all hours aren't paid out in full constantly nickle and diming
Great bunch of people, managers are awesome.It's cleaning so not an interesting job but full benefits after 3 months. I worked night shifts which were pretty laid back. If you aren't hard working, I would advise staying away.
Management was Poor and bullied employees to get what they wanted. If you enjoy watching management prance around playing like children in the office while you are out working with no credit, look no further this is your cup of tea. Morale is the lowest I've seen and the company has lost many good workers over the years due mostly to Management.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management / Mafia
Would recommend for first job, not fast paced at all as i was working in a concession stand, Clean and the other two people working there are young students, my boss was OK with flexible hours for my shift.
Loved the places I cleaned but management was a problem. I was cleaning a factory and there were other employees not following safety practicals and nothing was done.
Cons
No reespect
Enabled me to travel to many camps within BC
Gave me an opportunity to work with a team

Allowed me to improve my skills as a cook for a crew of up to thirty people

Allowed me to learn the skills I needed to have as a bull cook
Pros
Good wage, benefits provided
Cons
Work was seasonal
get worked like a slave and get no breaks
management cut labor and over works the few that remains

management will throw you under the bus any chance they get
Pros
nothing
Cons
over worked poor management and if u speak out than you get fired
many many loop hole polices that they can use to hold above you
criticize your every move while spectating from afar.

write ups seem to mood based and up to "management"

lack of wholeness as a group

general feeling of unsatisfaction in the work place or even fear.

if you enjoy living in fear of your bosses who likely will burn you and abuse you on a continual bases while union idly watches you burn.

i can assure you this job is not for the faint of heart or wallet as suspensions, sick leave and stress leave are not paid for.

after union dues and taxes i would take home about as much as I made making 12$ an hour. leaving me with no money to use the befits as you have to be reimbursed for your discounts

this is a monster corporation. steer clear of their apathy
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
no breaks, management that encourages cut throat behaviours.
When you work there so many people tell you what to do..Not organized. Huge company but they do not offer a free lunch . They cut your lunch from your pay check. So many people and favouritism .Supervisor never listened employees and sometimes even yelled.
I do not if it is different now but it was like that years ago.I also witnessed the manager was smoking in the men washroom instead of going out ..After I left I heard he was laid off.
Pros
so hectic and time flies
Cons
stressful
Lots of fun and nice people love the people I work with! Have never had a problem with this job, just gets very busy. Just have to know how to be fast pace.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Stressful
Eurest and Compass are very large companies. In order to get ahead an individual must exert themselves to be a true difference maker as competition is fierce and advancement is merit based over simply the duration of time spent in a position
Pros
Good benefits, good hours, huge company so many places and opportunities to move around and up
Cons
Zero training, poor support by upper management, unrealistic expectations.
I worked for eurest cafeteria at the bruce power plant and I found it always to be fast paced, high demand for the lunch period, the staff was nothing short of excellent.
benefits
Cons
management needs changing
start at 7 a.m. cleaning bathrooms taking garbage out helping out were needed. helping out other employees if needed. got along good with management. got along with other employees. i enjoyed my job. cleaning is something i enjoyed doing.
Pros
2 paid breaks
Cons
no cons