EthosEnergy Group Employee Reviews

Abjectly horrible
Operations and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MD29 May 2018
I can’t say enough and things about this company. They lied to me, changed my job title and description after hiring, cut my hours, awful management, very poor non-competitive pay, the worst benefits I’ve ever seen, and no help to be had from HR for anything.

I will never work for this company again.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, management, corporate leadership, culture
4 June 2018

Hi, we are disappointed that you feel this way about your time working for us.

If you would like the opportunity to discuss your experience, please contact comms@ethosenergygroup.com

EthosEnergy

A very frustrating place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CO19 April 2018
The work, in and of itself, is quite satisfying. However, incompetent and inexperienced managers continue to get in the way of progress, communication, career advancement, and the quality of the work.
Internal promotions are rarely posted. Friends of those in power receive newly created jobs, or promotions. Newly appointed middle management doesn’t seem to ask for, nor listen to, recommendations from senior staff, so we continue to make the same mistakes and lose efficiency. Decisions are based on feelings, not data.
Overall, there is a disappointing lack of leadership and clear direction. There is no single mission statement around which to rally.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fun work
Cons
Lack of career advancement, poor management, poor communication
26 April 2018

Hi, thank you for your review.

Whilst we are glad you find the work you are doing satisfying, we are disappointed that you feel this way overall about the points you have raised.

Thanks again,

productive
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX11 March 2018
excellent competitive and safety orientated people. Company is competitive in all aspects of the energy or power generation repair field. Excellent and kind minded.
26 April 2018

Thank you for your review.
We appreciate you taking the time to write it and are pleased to hear that you feel so positively about EthosEnergy.

If you ever want to discuss anything with us, please feel free to contact comms@ethosenergygroup.com

Average
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City13 February 2018
Job security is face fit, some staff are very close net together and decision making is a long drawn out process. I would not work here again in the current structure.
3 May 2018

Hello,
We are disappointed that you feel this way about your time with the company.

Many thanks,

Great Place To Work
Parts Coordinator / Sales (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OK21 January 2018
Great People an Company, everyone is very helpful and is eager and willing to learn other responsibilities. The Company has a very strong work ethic yet compensate for it in other ways then just salary.
8 March 2018

Thank you much for your review. We value our employees (past and present) and their opinions, if you would like to discuss your experiences with us, please feel free to email comms@ethosenergygroup.com.

EthosEnergy

Management so bad The employees voted to unionize
Operator (Current Employee) –  California12 January 2018
Poor management, inexperienced managers with questionable ethics.
Upper management disconnected from employees.
Below average area pay.
Clean plant with professional coworkers.
Health care benefits get worse each year.
Good place for young person to get hired and gain experience to move on to better company.
Pros
401k match
Cons
Poor management, dwindling health benefits, poor raises.
8 March 2018

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to write it.
We are disappointed that you feel this way about your experience working for us.
We value our employees and their opinions, and if you would like to discuss anything further please feel free to email comms@ethosenergygroup.com

Many thanks,
EthosEnergy

Had fun learning new ways
Balance Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX28 December 2017
A learning experience. Vast number of rotating equipment to work on . HR are very helpful ,Safety is a high priority working at Ethos..Good benefits..
Good Company
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi25 December 2017
Good Company but less than the market salaries ,but good environment in total.
Working hours is not balanced , strategy changes quickly

Good luck ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Only if you're desperate or inexperienced
Operator (Former Employee) –  CA9 December 2017
Management is horrible and backed up by corporate despite the inconsistencies, hypocrisies and flat out lies told by management. The turnover rate for employees at this company is unheard of in the industry and corporate doesn't question why or look into problems caused by poor management. If you are desperate for a job or inexperienced and looking to break into the industry this is a good place to start but DO NOT SETTLE! Granted there are a few good managers out there but the worst of them casts a huge shadow over the company with a corporate structure to back them up. Any employees who report to HR for questions or concerns about anything at all (including benefits, paperwork, training, etc) are not likely to get any response and if they do it is not in a timely manner. The business ethics are a joke.
Pros
It's a career builder
Cons
Poor pay for industry standards, poor benefits, poor leadership
Poor management / communication
Trade Compliance Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX14 November 2017
Poor communication is the key factor for my dissatisfaction. Management will promise things they never intended on fulfilling. I would be given a task only to be thrown under the bus when management changed their minds.
Benefits
Cons
Unethical management
Challenging. Able to gain a wealth of knowledge working at Ethos.
A Mechanic (Current Employee) –  New York, NY26 October 2017
Ethos recently became the new owners, so I can only speak from the experience I’ve had with them, which is 5 months. This company pays well and offer an abundancel of Over time . It offers great benefits. You will learn how to work on boilers in a large magnitude. You will learn the basis function of a power plant and what exactly produces electricity. It is a good place to be involved in .
Pros
Well paid
Cons
They are new owners so no cons as of now.
micro managed from out of state.
Electrical wire harness lead (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SC11 October 2017
A typical day at Ethos Energy can be stressful, challenging, labor intense, mostly around the end of the month or when a customer pulls there return date in on a part but we can't return it because we are waiting on details.
Pros
its a job
Cons
it has some headaches
Productive and fun place to wrok
Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX19 September 2017
Friendly enviornment with steady work flow management was very helpful and productive. I've learned more about a turbine and its components and to better understand how they operate. The best part of the job to me were my co workers as they were friends outside of work also.
Lost in Distractions
N/A (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX6 September 2017
With no clear path to success the company struggles to retain talent. They are in an extremely competitive industry and are fighting a losing battle. Top management has job security at the expense of middle management.
Decent company; bad management
Sales (Current Employee) –  USA15 August 2017
Hit hard by the downturn in the oil and gas industry.
Highly reactive management. Very little leadership at the President level on up. Not a collaborative environment, more interested in assigning blame afterwards than working together. Not a lot of support or realistic expectations from management.
great company
Instrumentation controls technician (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NY1 August 2017
Great company to work for with great benefits, good management and organization structure. Will recommend anyone to work for a company like this. Great workplace culture.
great place to work
Lead Part Sales - Light Turbine Division (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX31 July 2017
Ethos is a great place to work, big enough and yet cozy enough. Culture is easy, people are friendly and knowledgeable of MRO and gas turbines. Shop is great and efficient.
Pros
easy hours, work schedule
Cons
pay
Experiencia profesional de aprendizaje
Plant Enineer (Former Employee) –  Ramos Arizpe, Coah.11 July 2017
Una empresa en la cual pude tener aprendizaje en el ámbito laboral.
Pros
Nuevos retos
Cons
Poca facilidad de promoción
You can do better
Bottom of the Barrel (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NM6 July 2017
Job is really just about "walking on egg shells". Anyone can get laid off, come in one day and 2 hrs later your asked to sign a pink slip. No warning just give you a box and shoot you out back. Limited people so everyones workload is tripled for the amount of lay offs. Next week they hire new employees.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Working with people who are not qualified
Worse management ever
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 June 2017
I have never worked in this type of condition before, where everyone in every department felt they had to watch their back, as management would watch over you like a hawk.
Pros
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EthosEnergy Group. Our community is ready to answer.