Esso On the Run Employee Reviews

N/a
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 January 2019
not much to say, company was great work was good and enjoyable working and dealing with customers. Great customers and peers, location was a really busy site.
Productive and fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
This comany is best to place to work. You will gain valuable work experience which can applied in your future career. The work load is not very high as compared to others.
Fast-paced job experience
Cashier/Gas Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 December 2018
This job allows you to work at multiple locations which in turn gives you the opportunity to get more hours. Employees get the opportunity to work independently. The staff are polite.
Pros
Independent work, friendly managers
Cons
Short shifts
best job ever
Duties- stock, clean, assist customers (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON28 November 2018
ive worked at this place for almost 3 years and never wanted to leave. everyone that works for and at the esso are great people. the management is top tier
Good staff and manager
Night shift Attendant & Cashier (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 September 2018
I work full-time nights as this is the only position that is offered on a full-time basis. I enjoy my manager and people that I work with. Safety is a concern was I work alone. Although there are lots of cameras in the store, I do not feel safe as I still need to open the door to allow customers to come in and shop.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Safety concerns
Good Organization to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2018
Good Organization to work for yourself and make good living out of it. At the same time be your own boss and have the ability to hire and fire employee
Excellent learning experience
Owner /Operator (Former Employee) –  Bancroft, ON15 February 2018
I started there as a cashier and throughout my time there I had the opportunity to purchase the franchise. I very much enjoyed working there. In the final 2 years there had been some restructure with our head office and it was apparent that it was time to move on to other opportunities. Everyone that was employed at the Bancroft location was reliable and fun to work with. I learnt how to operate a business to that calliper and it was a good life lesson as well.
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 January 2018
A typical day of work consists of coming in, checking washrooms, floors, clean shelves, serve customers in lottery, cigarettes, Gas, and more. counting cash before starting a shift and at end of shift as well as product reports of lottery.
Customers are very enjoyable and relitivly happy.
Pros
location was close to food industry for lunch.
Cons
days can be long
Good company
Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON22 June 2017
Overall Good! Clean, good atmosphere. Good people to work with, gives you opportunity to build rapore with customers. Many other emenities in walking distance.
Fast and Challenging environment to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 June 2017
fast and friendly environment to work improves communication skills, nice and easy to adjust yourself. meeting with the variety of peoples and learn to manage time and money.
A wonderful company to work for
Morning / Overnight Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON18 April 2017
This was a positive experience for me. I got to converse with people of all nations. Speak about wonderful subjects and still be able to carry on with out days. Overall, I really enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Always something that needs to be done, so you're never bored.
Cons
Shifts can switch over easily.
could of been better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 April 2017
couldn't keep a staff member to save his life owner was completely ignorant to what when on in hes store was always giving family members free stuff owner was nice to hes staff though
awesome workplace and good employees and customers
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON2 April 2017
The hardest part of the job would be that the manager always had her employees do her paper work on a day to day basis with no trainer, also if done wrong the employee would be verbally insulted.
Pros
great employees
Cons
bad manger and no safety
It is good place to work and opportuinity to raise part-time earnings.
GSA (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 March 2017
It is great place to work. Dealing with different customers with different nationalities during day is most interesting part of this job. Learn to be happy social and get to know about different behaviours of persons with reactions at various situations. Be a proud representative of organisation.
Good place to work as a student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2017
Employed by ESSO-Canada, responsible for the operations management of the site gas station and convenience store.
o Responsible for providing the service to customers.
o Establishing a good working environment promoting teamwork and work efficiency.
o Ordering and receiving in store merchandise.
o Inventory control
o Training new employees
It has been great
Franchise Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2017
Its been very good learning and earning opportunity. Made me more confident and successful.
It was very good balance between work and private life. Came across so many fantastic people who help me and made me who I am now.
Great workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 December 2016
I have worked here for 10 years. The manager is a great, fair and easy person to work for. Love all the customers. Hardest part of the job is waking up at 4am to be to work and have the store opened by 5am. If I need time off, its never a problem.
Very good management
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
For more than 7 years worked in different shifts.
Updated with all policies and news letters from hqrt office.
Full support from management in any problem.
Always spent some time with co-workers.
Managers trust and support is the best part of job.
was a very stressfull work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elliot Lake, ON15 September 2016
balanced cash, sold lottery, stocked store, cleaned. I learned that not all people were easy to work for. My co workers and customers were friendly. The hardest part of my job was working opposite shifts as my husband and not seeing him a lot. The most enjoyable part was my regular customers and friendly faces.
Pros
paid breaks.
Cons
no set schedule
Atypical day at ESSO
Cashier/Teller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
I loved this job only because I worked with an awesome boss who paid me a little more than everyone because I did most of his cash handling and emails. I hated that it was the same thing everyday. And with such a small group of workers I saw the same people everyday. I learned a lot about counting cash and cash handling. I caught a few people stealing and a lot of times I had to toughen up and tell them to leave the store so you could say I was also the bodyguard of the store.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Slow paced