Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews

Fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Neepawa, MB21 September 2017
My typical day at work started at 7 am. and i finish at 3 pm. Sometimes i worked weekend shifts, it was very interesting to communicate with many different people. I tried to do my best every time when clients needed help. Many people were new to Neepawa so I helped them to find right road.
it was too gud to do work over there
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON21 September 2017
monday and wednesday
leadership skills
management was really gud
all was friendly and too nice
to do work in extreme cold days
to deal with customers
Pros
free rides and lunches
Cons
very long hours
Fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB6 September 2017
Was always kept busy, made life long friends with all the other employees. The store owners were awesome and treated me as if I was their daughter, so I enjoyed waking up everyday to go to work. The owners were fun and always kept me laughing and made me enjoy my job. There was never a tough day, there was always people coming in and out so we were always busy.
Poor management in every aspect.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tavistock, ON31 August 2017
management was unable to effectively train me which led to many problems along the way. Customers were also upset about lack of progress in the store as well as the lack of selection of products.
Typical work day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mundare, AB21 August 2017
Summer were the better part of the job because it was always busy and winter were very slow they understood when you are a student, you could only would a certain amount of hours and would respect that
Pros
Free drinks on shift
Cons
No raises
Gas station
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB14 August 2017
Regular cashier duties, good for a part time school student looking for work. Take care of all sales, attending the pumps and keeping the store in a tidy and organized condition
Productive fun environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tavistock, ON8 August 2017
A Typical working day at Esso for me would be working from 2pm-10pm. During my shift i get to interact with customers and help satisfy their experience at the store and make them feel welcomed.
fair enough
Cashier (full time) (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK4 August 2017
all treatment for employee is okay. all benefit is on the law. not a small store. lots of co workers and busy on weekend. good place to work. never happen unfair thing.
Pros
employee DC
Cons
Busy
Good place to learn and get your people skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 July 2017
Esso gas station was a good place to work. They provided with great training opportunities to girls in order for them to advance and learn, good schedule, always welcoming. Management was very positive and family oriented.
Pros
Cons
They sell cigarettes and I do not support.
Felt like home
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flamborough, ON21 July 2017
Esso was a great place to work because everyone got to know you and the same customers always came in and you really got to know them and bond with them. I loved being able to get the jobs done at my own pace and not being rushed because esso isnt that busy. Overall the job was great i just had to leave for school purposes.
Pros
Bonding with customers, not very fast paced, no major dress cofe.
Cons
Lots of stuff to do with very little help
Environnement agréable.
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Repentigny, QC19 July 2017
Travailler dans une station d'essence, c'est facile et agréable. Servir les clients, et leurs donner une belle accueille est la chose la plus apprécier. Sa permet un contacts avec les clients.

La chose le moins agréable, est le ménage de l'environnement, et lorsqu'il y a des vols, mais ceci est rare.
Unprofessional Management, Unfair Shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakland, ON29 June 2017
Shifts at front counter are 9-11 hours, if you have open availability that will be abused without restraint. You are expected to know everything, even if you haven't been trained on it, and the manager was incredibly unprofessional for the entirety of the time
Mauvaise gestion de sécurité
Commis-caissière (Former Employee) –  Repentigny, QC28 June 2017
J'ai appréciée le temps où j'y es travaillée, mais il avait un gros manque sur la sécurité des employés de soir et nuit
Pros
C'était prêt de chez moi
Cons
Aucune pause pour 9h de travail
greart dealing and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 June 2017
In Esso gas station I am able to meet new people every day and talking to them while their payment in progress inside the store is fun and enjoyable. I learned new things as it was my first job in Canada as an International Student.
very fun
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 June 2017
it was good nice and fun.now looking for a job to work out.would enjoy working anywhere as i am a good employee.I listen to everything the boss has to say and offer
Pros
free everythinh
Cons
nothing
esso gas station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 June 2017
i have good experience working at esso gas station.customers are friendly .it was a friendly environment.all the co workers were nice and helpful in work.it was a fast pace environment .
Pros
free lunches
Productive and Innovative
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON7 June 2017
The overall experience was pretty good and it taught me a lot. While working there I communicated with different people with different mindsets and gained a lot professionally.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Coordinating workforce
Interesting work place.
Full serve attendant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC23 May 2017
Esso manager is fantastic and will always go around your schedule. High paced enviroment as it is located on the kamloops reserve, very interesting customers and employees.
Great place to work. Good responsibilities. Great ownership.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON8 May 2017
Great pace to work. Meet all kinds of new people. Ownership is very respectful. Definitely a place I would work at again. But they could amp up the cooling in the summer and the heating in the winter,
Pros
Meet new people. Great ownership. Respectful environment.
Cons
Building needs upgrading.
Great workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Binbrook, ON6 May 2017
Esso gas station was my first job.I got manageable amount of hours, also I always enjoyed coming to work, because it was very enjoyable, had a lot of fun working there.
Pros
manageable hours, enough breaks