Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews

rewarding work enviroment
SHELBURNE - CASHIER/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON21 January 2019
excellent management staff that allows you to work from home if needed. Will offer pay advance and will help subsidize rent for relocation purposes. Overall a rare find of an employer
Good place.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  4696 yonge street17 January 2019
It is a place where we interact with different people everyday. Got a good understanding of management and organization skills from this job. Came across different situations everyday.
It was okay
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chase, BC16 January 2019
It was an okay place to work. But to management all you is just a number to them. Management was not really friendly and if they are having a bad day then they took it out on you.
the esso family is what keeps you there
Full-Time Evening/Night Shift Worker (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, NL13 January 2019
The most laborious job I have ever had for a minimum wage income. It comes with a health insurance plan if you work full time but you're probably going to need it after 6 months working there.
Pros
health insurance benefits, a lot of hours, friendly co-workers and managers, team-oriented, friendly customers
Cons
turnover rate is frequent = a lot of overtime hours and poor work-life balance, super fast paced and little time for lunch breaks, laborious
Great place to for a newcomer
Cashier (Training) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM6 January 2019
Its a great learning experience, one learns a lot of communication, leadership as well as management skills in such a nourishing and free feel environment.
Perfect if You Don't Have Anything Going For You In Life
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 January 2019
I worked here for a few months, and despite them saying that they are incredibly flexible about school, they are not. They expect you to come in despite having midterms, or exams.

I also called in sick a couple of times, and was scolded for attempting to find coverage online because apparently it seemed like I "planned to call in sick". A coworker didn't show up for 3 weeks, and only got fired after calling in sick for around the 10th time? A coworker also called in sick once or twice every week, and never got fired, despite them not even trying to find coverage. I should've just not shown up instead of trying to find coverage, maybe I'd still be an employee there.

If you don't mind working for crazy people, or you're looking for a dead-end job, this is the perfect job for you. If you want a job that actually requires a functioning brain, keep looking.
Pros
management is nice to your face
Cons
management throws you under the bus behind your back
Amazing work place for experiance in customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 December 2018
I am working in the ESSO gas station since May 2017. Here, I got exposure to customer service. My duties in the gas station are handling back-office work, preparing the store orders, counting cash, making a weekly schedule of the employees, reporting drive off complaints. The hardest part of the job is to examine inside the store as well as at all pumps. The most enjoyable part of the job is to speak with the customers.
Pros
Improvise in observation and way of talking
Cons
Getting lower payment
Working as CSR at gas station.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 December 2018
i am looking for growth opportunities thats why i am looking for a new job. I am learning alot from my current job even this job gave me a good base of skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS28 November 2018
It was my first job and I never had a lot to compare it to . The wadges were fair and I enjoyed what I did. The schedules were fair as well equal hours for all employees
Worked nights
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2018
I worked nightshift there during weekends. Get to meet and talk woth alot of different people. Got to learn how to use a registration machine for the first time. Hardest part of the job was to stay awale at night
Cons
Long nights
Productive place to learn lot of skills
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 November 2018
Undoubtedly this place has helped to acquired so many skills. Most importantly it has made an independent person who can resolve all issue by myself. While doing so many different duties at job has generated robust ideas about life.
Pros
can choose the shifts according to our convenience especially during study time
good place to work
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON2 November 2018
i had a good experience working.
communication skills
customer interaction
inventory management
creating shift reports
multiple tasks at same time...
busy and always on your feet
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL30 October 2018
a typical day at work consists of serving clients needs, stocking shelves ordering things for the company. Overall its a very easy job except for the odd upset customer.
A good place to work with a great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 October 2018
It is a good place to work along with a great management. Everyone is very friendly and supportive to work with. In terms of work, all the assignments are divided equally so one doesn't feel pressurized. Moreover, Handling the gas station alone and sometimes working with my co-workers during busy days helped me gain my knowledge on communication, organization, time management, customer relationship and how to work along as a team member. Being able to work in a fast pace environment helped me to be better in multitasking. I learnt a lot of things here and gained a valuable experience which I feel would be useful in my future field job.
Its a fun and loving place to work
GAS STATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 October 2018
The work environment is a healthy one, the staff and management are very supportive all through the process of your training and your introduction into the system.
great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 October 2018
i used to do nightshifts and it is a great experience. i am looking for another job because i have college hours which don't co operate with job hours.
Calm and pushy
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC2 October 2018
A usual day at work will not be relaxing. There is points where you can take a minute if needed so. The day's will be always slow at first until customers start showing up in numbers and it will be a little fanatic, but the key is to always pace yourself, do not rush.
I did learn some stuff about things I wouldn't have known worked as the way they did.
The workplace is fine and decently lad back, although sometimes it does vary. When I worked their the hardest part of the job was to put up with some of my co-workers and hold back any thoughts or actions that would have got me in trouble.
When I did work there, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new interesting people, just having a chat with a stranger about things, or also helping them out if they're just passing by looking for something.
Pros
Free Coffee and Slushy's
Cons
Car wash
Dealing with customer.
Attendend (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 October 2018
when i start my work i feel that i will not satisfied my customer but my trainer trained me so well and he makes me able to do every work quickly by satisfying customer.
Pros
nothing
Cons
customer dealing
worked as a cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, ON30 September 2018
cashier's job is easy as well as quit responsible. so there are certain things we have to remember. and be careful while doing tasks.
sometimes day is to busy for work and some times it cold.
cashier position at gas station
Guest service associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 September 2018
It was great experience while I was working at Esso gas station. I do perform cashier job at gas station and also do some lottery work too.
The location where I work was busy location and I really enjoy my job.
Pros
good experience to deal with customers