Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews for Gas Station Attendant

Generic low wage job
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2019
Expected tasks and duties. Very repetitive and boring. Management typically is not there during the normal operational hours of the station so you are alone most of the time.
Its a fun and loving place to work
GAS STATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 October 2018
The work environment is a healthy one, the staff and management are very supportive all through the process of your training and your introduction into the system.
friendly staff
Gas Station Attendant/assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2018
The management strived to make working there great. They helped out with bonuses for those who showed pride in there work, and made sure to give leeway in the need for time off for family emergencies.
Pros
Knowing when gas was going up.
Cons
Not very busy. Lots of downtime
It probably could have been better...
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Campbellford, ON10 January 2018
My supervisor/manager was constantly yelling at all the employees over nothing we did. And if we asked for a day off for something, we would lose work for an entire week. Also we ran out of gas often and I had customers coming in and yelling at me about it then my boss would freak out of his employees saying it's our fault we never have business.
productive
Gas Station Attendant, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beausejour, MB20 December 2017
was my first job, I loved it, It was a small town, I knew everyone around, was very fun to make money during my middle school days, the bosses were also very ncie
Pros
good pay
Cons
no cons
Interactive and Fun place to work
Gas Station Attendant/Assistant of Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 December 2017
A lot of practice in costumer service field, developed multitasking and stress coping practices .
Assisted management with Orders, Delivery and Receiving.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
sometimes 7 days a week 12/h a day for three months
Poor management in every aspect.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tavistock, ON31 August 2017
management was unable to effectively train me which led to many problems along the way. Customers were also upset about lack of progress in the store as well as the lack of selection of products.
Great place to work. Good responsibilities. Great ownership.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON8 May 2017
Great pace to work. Meet all kinds of new people. Ownership is very respectful. Definitely a place I would work at again. But they could amp up the cooling in the summer and the heating in the winter,
Pros
Meet new people. Great ownership. Respectful environment.
Cons
Building needs upgrading.
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 February 2017
Great workplace environment, awesome staff and management. Fun but professional workplace, great hours great work. good starting wage great training always wanting you to do your best, will be straight forward with always, very understanding. You will enjoy your time working here
Esso gas station experience
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 August 2016
It was a good learning stone but the management change so did the environment.
Did all extra positions for that people were getting fired so often.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
horrible manager
Great atmosphere and chance to advance my skills.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2016
I absolutely valued my position at Cottonwood Esso. I would look forward to going to work ever day. A typical day at work for me would include lots of point-of-sale system usage, customer service and sales. The management was among the best I have ever encountered; my coworkers were equally as awesome. My favorite part of the job was the time I was able to spend interacting with my regular customers as well as new customers. I believe I was exceptional at my job because of my ability to engage the customers and suggest and recommend products based on my knowledge of the customers needs. The hardest aspect of working at a Gas Station is the potential for theft or danger; I needed to be alert at all times while maintaining the stores cleanliness and whilst talking with customers. I made close connections with many of my regular customers and brought many repeat shoppers into the store because of my upbeat attitude and kind demeanor.
Pros
Talking with lots of different people.
Cons
Chance of theft and health risks.
It was okay work.
Cashier/Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines Ontario, Canada21 January 2016
Management did not do a very good job. They relied upon the workers to take care of things that was not their responsibility. They also wanted the workers to work off the clock.
Pros
Close to my friends house.
Cons
Buses stopped running by time I finished work, winter walks home were uncomfortable.
Competetive Days
attendant in Esso Gas Station (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
Its nice place to work around and deal with customers.
I really enjoyed working here.
Hardest part in job is Dealing with hard people and enjoyable part is working in good environment with excellent employees.
busy and helping the community.
Gas Station Attendant-Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2015
Lovely job helping people with in a great environment and very enjoyable in so many different ways, such as lottery costumers, tim hortons coffee and gas costumers. trying to keep everyone happy with our service and meet them soon again having business with us.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short break
what i learned
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 September 2014
that you have to watch people or they drive off with out paying for there gas
Pros
n/a
Cons
part time
good place to work
Gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 August 2013
it was a good experience to bad the management is terrible, customers scream at you on a daily basis, manager yells at you when he doesn't train the employees properly, free training...
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not lunch or breaks
Very Understanding Boss and Management
Gas Station Attedant & Food & Drinks (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ON5 January 2013
A typical day at work would be opening and organizing making sure everything is in perfect order for when customers came. Stocking shelves, bringing in all the ingredients to make food and drinks for the cusomers of Country Style. I learned many things as you do with any job.
The staff was always good to work with and I never had any issues. The hardest part of the job would be when you were working the night shift. It is a small business and Country Style is more of a breakfast place so it would get really quiet at night. We didn't make our own doughnuts so you would really have to try hard to find things to do before close.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff. All down to earth people who are willing to help you with anything you need.
Pros
staff
Cons
short shifts