Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Gas Station
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 April 2019
A typical day at work includes selling gas, tobacco products, convince store food, and more. It is a safe environment, but also in a busy location, making this job a little more demanding. Although, with the proper training working at Esso Gas Stations is a great job.
Amazing work place for experiance in customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 December 2018
I am working in the ESSO gas station since May 2017. Here, I got exposure to customer service. My duties in the gas station are handling back-office work, preparing the store orders, counting cash, making a weekly schedule of the employees, reporting drive off complaints. The hardest part of the job is to examine inside the store as well as at all pumps. The most enjoyable part of the job is to speak with the customers.
Pros
Improvise in observation and way of talking
Cons
Getting lower payment
Working as CSR at gas station.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 December 2018
i am looking for growth opportunities thats why i am looking for a new job. I am learning alot from my current job even this job gave me a good base of skills.
Productive place to learn lot of skills
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 November 2018
Undoubtedly this place has helped to acquired so many skills. Most importantly it has made an independent person who can resolve all issue by myself. While doing so many different duties at job has generated robust ideas about life.
Pros
can choose the shifts according to our convenience especially during study time
Cons
A good place to work with a great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 October 2018
It is a good place to work along with a great management. Everyone is very friendly and supportive to work with. In terms of work, all the assignments are divided equally so one doesn't feel pressurized. Moreover, Handling the gas station alone and sometimes working with my co-workers during busy days helped me gain my knowledge on communication, organization, time management, customer relationship and how to work along as a team member. Being able to work in a fast pace environment helped me to be better in multitasking. I learnt a lot of things here and gained a valuable experience which I feel would be useful in my future field job.
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2018
yes it was very fun place . i get to meet different type of people. and some of them have their own story to tell you. I never had any bad experience with this work place
Pros
Cons
8 hrs
good management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON4 May 2017
Manager was great, always balanced out schedule with school hours.
- gave advance pay check
- was generous
- great customers
- great coworkers
- free parking
Pros
balanced schedule
Cons
was only 1 worker
Good Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 July 2016
This is a good place to work and I am fully satisfied with this job, But I want to explore my potentials, That's why I am looking for new job.
Different experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2016
Had a good experience working at that place learned alot.. by experiencing different customers in my day to day shifts....
Informative and productive work place.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON6 October 2015
It was my first job in Canada, so i learned a lot from this job. I believe experience which i gained from there will help me into getting my full time job. Management and all staff were very good and supportive. I fully enjoyed this job.
Another gas station
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2015
Working with the public is never an easy task but that is like every other life situation. You have to take the good with the bad because if you never have a bad day you will never know when you're having a good one.
Fun Place to work due to being able to communitcate with the public
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 June 2015
Best part of the day was being able to assist customers in a fast paced environment. Worked with a great group of people as well unfortunately the pay is not very good at all hard to make a living on this type of salary.
Enjoyable and productive Working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2015
-Day Start at 6 o'clock early morning.
-Need to generate reports for previous day.
-Preparation to opening the Store everyday.

-You have to be focused regarding the Gas pumps, so that no one can drive off from the Station.
-Always have to up sell your products.

-Management was very nice and Co-operative.
-Friendly environment at Work place.
-Team work is must when you run such an organization.

-Hardest part of the was to prevent unusual drive off.
-Taking deliveries in busy hours.

Most enjoyable part of work was dealing with customers, helping them to find the right thing. To offer them new deals and promotions.
Excellent Work Environment
Excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 May 2014
It was excellent experience to work and learn new thing with great confidence. Some incident make me more confident when system and power cut off Specially in winter in pick hours. But customers were very good. Also deal with some rude and impatient customer with smiling face. Over all it was great experience. But want to learn more.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
System low
productive day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON7 April 2014
at work I do most of the maintenance to the gas station I learn new thing every day about my self and working with people. management is awesome love working with them as well co-workers great to get along with. the hardest part of the job is trying to fill up propane at the same time authorizing the pumps which is inside. But the I get it done in a timely fashion. the most enjoyable part about work for me is dealing with people and fixing problems that come up. that is a typical day at work for me.
Phillip Dasilva
Productive and fun Work Place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Bc19 March 2014
The day at work is always good. I learn many new things while I meet different type of customers. It's just the work you do while studing in the university in order to earn for living.
a fast pace environmnt that requires team work and positive attidues.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Dunnville, ON28 August 2012
The Esso station I worked at also has a coffee shop, this environment has taught me how to multi task and work at a fast pace. Also Conflicts occur on a regular basis with customers and technology these situations have taught me how to problem solve, think quick on my feet as well as good communication skills.
I get along well with my co workers we have all developed friendships which makes working together fun and easy, I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is working as a team in a close knit environment. the hardest part of my job is making sure the customers have a good experience, that they dont experience difficulties and are satisfied with our service.