Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews for Cashier

productive as well as lessons learning work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 May 2019
Its my honor to be a part of Esso gas station. I love working there and I look forward to work in this kind of firms. I learned a lot while working in this Gas station with good employees. I worked in weekdays as well as weekends so I learnt how to handle the store in busy hours and what other things to do when its get slow.
multicultural environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 April 2019
It is a busy environment workplace where you have to deal with numerous types of people. But i learned lots of things like problem solving, customer services, communication skills, networking etc.
Pros
independent
Cons
no breaks and busy
meet people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2019
Provided training to new employees on all facets of job operations. Very well organized and able to meet deadlines.i never had any hard time at my work, most enjoyable part of the job.
Ok
Full serve & cashier (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC15 March 2019
It’s was fun working there very good other work I miss working there I had long sifting I do lots of cleaning everyday putting gas in cars talking to other people was nice
Good place.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  4696 yonge street17 January 2019
It is a place where we interact with different people everyday. Got a good understanding of management and organization skills from this job. Came across different situations everyday.
Great place to for a newcomer
Cashier (Training) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM6 January 2019
Its a great learning experience, one learns a lot of communication, leadership as well as management skills in such a nourishing and free feel environment.
Perfect if You Don't Have Anything Going For You In Life
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 January 2019
I worked here for a few months, and despite them saying that they are incredibly flexible about school, they are not. They expect you to come in despite having midterms, or exams.

I also called in sick a couple of times, and was scolded for attempting to find coverage online because apparently it seemed like I "planned to call in sick". A coworker didn't show up for 3 weeks, and only got fired after calling in sick for around the 10th time? A coworker also called in sick once or twice every week, and never got fired, despite them not even trying to find coverage. I should've just not shown up instead of trying to find coverage, maybe I'd still be an employee there.

If you don't mind working for crazy people, or you're looking for a dead-end job, this is the perfect job for you. If you want a job that actually requires a functioning brain, keep looking.
Pros
management is nice to your face
Cons
management throws you under the bus behind your back
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS28 November 2018
It was my first job and I never had a lot to compare it to . The wadges were fair and I enjoyed what I did. The schedules were fair as well equal hours for all employees
Worked nights
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2018
I worked nightshift there during weekends. Get to meet and talk woth alot of different people. Got to learn how to use a registration machine for the first time. Hardest part of the job was to stay awale at night
Cons
Long nights
great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 October 2018
i used to do nightshifts and it is a great experience. i am looking for another job because i have college hours which don't co operate with job hours.
its a fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2018
enjoy the work as i meet lots of new people and interact with them.
help me to get experience. even it helps me to make some money so i can use them for my expenses.
Terrible company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 July 2018
This place is a joke. I called in sick a few times because I was having seizures and because I had pneumonia.. They fired me with cause, saying that I was unreliable... I was fired from here once before before too because I wouldn't cover shift on a day that I had an exam.. I got rehired the same day. The gm was having a hissy fit because no one would cover. If you need a job and don't mind working for crazy people, it's a fine place to work.
Pros
Nice managers
Cons
Not enough hours, owner and gm don't care about employees or the store equipment
Productive and Fun workspace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON18 June 2018
Customer interactions which is the most loving one in my life. I got satisfaction from this job. Flexible hours and occational ability to work from home. Ability to make more money if needed bt picking up extra hours. Immidate cash incentives for meeting quotas. My manager he is very much supportive.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delisle, SK12 June 2018
Friendly staff, overall a great place to work. Very flexible and understanding. Kind regular costumers. Very helpful when training. Never a dull moment.
Busy counter handling thousands of customers a day
Cashier (Currently working) (Former Employee) –  Markham at Highway 730 April 2018
Providing customer service as well as handling the till. Solving the problems of customer based on transactions, store products, gas availability and car wash.
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Labrador City, NL10 January 2018
Esso is a really nice place, environment to work in. Ive been there going on 5 years. Daily duties include; serve customers with a smile, sweep and mop floors, stock shelves and put away any freight.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Not enough hours / time for change
Good people, bad job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON9 January 2018
I loved the people I got the chance to work with, but the job itself was horrible. I met some great co workers and also some great customers, both of which I still speak to.
Pros
Good people
It was fun experience worked with good people and great management
Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Deer Lake, NL27 November 2017
Like I said it was a fun experience with good co-workers and management,hours were good with acceptable time off really good environment and very professional and productive
Hard work and relaxing
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 November 2017
Recently upgraded the system which is much faster which makes work even faster. Have to deal with customer service every weekend. Making sure products are good and safe to sell for customers.
Pros
Relaxing during the night
Cons
Deal with angry and yelling customers, mostly about car wash
Just filling in the blanks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON10 October 2017
why is it making write reviews for all the places i worked it seems kinda unfair, these should all be optional not mandatory unless I'm missing something