Esso Gas Station Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Perfect if You Don't Have Anything Going For You In Life
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 January 2019
I worked here for a few months, and despite them saying that they are incredibly flexible about school, they are not. They expect you to come in despite having midterms, or exams.

I also called in sick a couple of times, and was scolded for attempting to find coverage online because apparently it seemed like I "planned to call in sick". A coworker didn't show up for 3 weeks, and only got fired after calling in sick for around the 10th time? A coworker also called in sick once or twice every week, and never got fired, despite them not even trying to find coverage. I should've just not shown up instead of trying to find coverage, maybe I'd still be an employee there.

If you don't mind working for crazy people, or you're looking for a dead-end job, this is the perfect job for you. If you want a job that actually requires a functioning brain, keep looking.
Pros
management is nice to your face
Cons
management throws you under the bus behind your back
Terrible company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 July 2018
This place is a joke. I called in sick a few times because I was having seizures and because I had pneumonia.. They fired me with cause, saying that I was unreliable... I was fired from here once before before too because I wouldn't cover shift on a day that I had an exam.. I got rehired the same day. The gm was having a hissy fit because no one would cover. If you need a job and don't mind working for crazy people, it's a fine place to work.
Pros
Nice managers
Cons
Not enough hours, owner and gm don't care about employees or the store equipment
A fun and enjoyable working environment
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 April 2018
The hardest part about the job was doing night shift, as I have 2 young children.
I enjoyed the tasks and understood everything that I was asked to do.
Pros
Pay was always on time
Cons
No breaks because worked alone
Awful customers, good coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 March 2016
Its the same as any minimum wage job, not the greatest but you need it. The customers are horrendous but the management has your back and protects you which is great.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Hours are very specific
It is good and easy job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton30 November 2015
As a part time job, gas station 's job is very good. easy, and stress free. Working environment is good. I learnt how to communicate with Canadian people.