Essex Weld Solutions Employee Reviews

This place is a sweat factory
Weld Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Supervisor10 February 2019
The absolute worst company in the country to work for. I’d rather pick up empty cans from the ditch on a bicycle in -20 C than work for them. I was released upon almost achieving my 90 days without even an explanation o. What I did wrong. I don’t speak German. I was a supervisor and was paid 18 dollars an hour. What a joke
Terrible place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON31 January 2019
Let me put this very blunt. If you are not Mennonite you are garbage to them, it is dirty management does not care about your safety, if you file a wsib claim your days are numbered if you are due for a raise your days are numbered management there will treat you like trash I would not recommend this place for anybody to work at. I used to work there it is garbage don’t work here
Pros
Only if you are Mennonite
Cons
to many to list
prosuctive
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON15 January 2019
long hours and nobody speaks English
always put you on the worst jobs daily because low in sinoriety,
physical labour very tiring job, minimal breaks and times, long travel from where i was staying ta the time
Pros
day shift
Cons
cant understand what people are saying, 6 days a week 10 hours a day physical labor
Underqualified management team;favours their own culture and a language barrier for those who don’t speak german
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON10 November 2018
Destructive and toxic management work environment with little care in mentorship or job readiness training; would not recomend this placement to anyone who is not german mennonite
Pros
Tools provided
Cons
Too many to list
Very Compassionate And Informative Company
Press Brake Operator (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON19 October 2018
I had literally no experience in this type of manufacturing. My lead hand has so much knowledge about each of the several machines I've had the pleasure of learning to operate. He is also a JHSC member which means he's both capable and competent to teach the most safe approach, while maintaining efficiency. This is crucial for me. Safety must always come first. This guy knows it. His superiors know it. This is also a very easy to injure yourself industry. Having safety standards being upheld to such a high degree is assuring at its best.
Pros
Compassion, Safety
Cons
None really. Just be safe and do your job.
Worst management with illogical thinking
Figure out (Former Employee) –  Leamington10 October 2018
A typical day starts with doing nothing waiting for the instruction from the manager. They want to implement new things but without spending money and without teaching their staff new skills. Management just focus on production rather than quality which make the company worst in the front of a client. The hardest part of the job is to make manager and management know that they are doing the work in the wrong way. There is nothing to enjoy. Most of the employee working over there are looking for a change and the one who not looking for change is the owner relatives. Not recommend any Engineer to join the organization and waste there career time.
Pros
Basic Pay
Cons
HR are worst, Manager Pretend good in front of you, .
Great opportunity to learn and advance
Mid level manager (Current Employee) –  Essex, ON10 September 2018
I started with the company as a student, and put in a little hard work and quickly advanced into my career.

The opportunity is there, you just have to prove yourself.

Lots of learning opportunities.

Once you are hired, there are plenty of roles to move up to.
Pros
Great Management, work life balance, free lunches
Easy to go
Programmer & Designer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON11 July 2018
I learned a lot from this company, they hire you even if you don't have any experience or a background, they used to take care of their employees.
Essex weld Solutions has 3 offices in Canada: Windsor is the Engineering Office, Essex is the head office and Lemington is the Plant area
Pros
Yea
Cons
It’s a good place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON16 May 2018
The people a good attitude
10 hour days
I learned to read blueprint
Good management team
Good language
Building racks
Friendly staff
Attention to detail
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long drive
Not a safe or good place to work.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Oldcastle, ON3 March 2018
Management does not care about employees safety. Was tasked with welding in the summer at 30 degrees celsius. Asked for a fan to help with the heat and management laughed at me.
Essex Weld Solutions
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON23 January 2018
You were expected to work hard every hour of the day while being paid very low wages, very unfriendly work place . Once your time came for a pay raise you never received what you were expecting. A very high turn over ratio in the work place.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low wages with no advancements that were promised
Overall not a bad place to work.
Robot operator (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON26 June 2017
Was a great place to work at but it was hard communicating with a majority of the managers and supervisors due to the fact that most of them don't speak English very well.
Cons
Metal slivers, constant heavy lifting
It's good place to learn
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  1720 North tablet , windsor ontario26 April 2017
When you work with Essex weld solutions you can learn about to use the tools and you can get terining for forklift operations and more
It's good please to start working
Poor work culture in an unsafe workplace.
General Assembler (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON21 April 2017
I would not recommend working for Essex Weld Solutions primarily due to safety concerns. Day in and day out I was tasked with difficult duties I personally deemed as unsafe and hard on my body. Management showed very little concern for employee safety and slightly more for quality of their product.
Great General labour job
Robotics Programmer / Welder (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 March 2017
Very smoky
Welding racks for the automotive industry
Fabricating and repairing racks
powder coating racks
Programming robots to weld
They supply you with proper safety
Decent work enviroment, but very little help when something isn't understood.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 November 2015
Overall a decent work environment. Had a good pay (especially for a young person.)

The main problem i had was that when I didn't understand a concept, the supervisor was rarely there to help me understand what I was supposed to do.
Pros
Paid brakes
Cons
Tedious, back aching labour.
Fast paced environment in automotive sector
Senior Estimator (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON13 September 2015
Essex Weld is a leader in their industry and are the benchmark for many of the up & comers. They utilize a lot of advanced technology to their competitive advantage.
bad heating system in the winter
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON7 August 2014
co workers were great everything seemed okay at first management unfair in reviewing workers your daily production goes down ( in my case coldest winter we had and had to go warm up fingers to weld) management didnt come to ask why they just gave me the pink slip. co workers were all shocked because they knew I was one of the best workers, didnt take long breaks in bathroom or sneak out for smoke or miss days or be late Always high turnover in employees
Cons
Dirty, long shift and afternoons 6 days
Fast Pace Environment
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON12 February 2014
Manufacturing Environment
Supply Chain Management
Liaison with various stakeholders
My work in general
WELDER (Former Employee) –  54 allan road essex9 February 2014
The company was somewhat productive,the men are great to work with,foremen are very good,owners are not so fair in treating their emplyees with decent salaries or safety information a while back.
Learned alot regarding welding various positions,setting up work stations,welders etc.
Being a graduate of welding,I know alot about safety and safe welding procedures. Many here don't know about this so I made sure that they were informed of unsafe procedures,with a smile and a little respect of course.
A day at work would entail setting up your work,station,making sure that you had the right job and number that corresponds to it.
Then making sure that you had the right parts and enough stock to do the work for the entire shift.When or if the work was run completely, we would seek out the foreman and inform him of it,then a new job was assigned.
Pros
sometimes a free barbeque was held, or company picnic
Cons
long hours, low rate of pay, being that they were menonites they favoured their own kind

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essex Weld Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Essex Weld Solutions Reviews by Location