ESS Education Employee Reviews

ESS Employment,
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gallup, NM20 April 2019
Substituting for the public schools, and enjoy working with children is challenging. Able to pick the days I will work and not work. Down side not work during the summer break. Other then that great
Pros
Pick days to work.
Cons
Children can be challenging at times.
Wonderful Employment
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Gallup, NM15 April 2019
I appreciate the opportunities that ESS has given me to actively explore my teaching career active in the field. Being able to travel to different surrounding areas, and getting to know the communities is definitely a plus.
Great school that I work at through ESS but poor compensation/benefits
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Quitman, GA6 April 2019
The school system that I work with through ESS will pay their employees when they are out for the summer, bad weather days, etc. They automatically get paid. ESS does not do that even if you are a full time employee with that school. ESS does not give raises either, at least not in our county. That's not fair either because most of the time, we do more work than the teachers.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Work load, no raises, no paid days off
Great place if you love working with kids.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Paragould, AR4 April 2019
Really depends on which school you are assigned to. Some schools are very helpful and welcoming; while; other school just kinda shove you into assignments and let you go.
Pros
Manage your own schedule
Cons
Low pay
cleaner
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hampshire4 April 2019
worked as cleaner for 15 years enjoyed working there used buffer used to like the floors when done enjoyed working as a team were I used to clean office there were very nice people
Pros
not enuff hours
Cons
two manys building
Didn't provide enough staff training.
Substitute Teacher Grades K-12 (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ3 April 2019
I didn't like the way management treated me. I felt as though I wasn't appreciated. I would come prepared with extra materials, do copying, plan lessons etc. I couldn't live off of the pay that I was earning. i didn't have access to the copier, or a computer login. I didn't feel welcomed.
Pros
Working regularly.
Cons
Pay wasn't enough.
Management needs improving
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  NJ30 March 2019
Leads by intimidation , rules and regulations are not same for all employees. Definitely a company that does not accurately follow guidelines that are set . Corporate office does not treat clients in fair manner . Management does not help when you have severe issues that need to be addressed. Pay is low and work load is heavy
Pros
Cons
Heavy work load low pay
If you really love kids this is the job for you!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Folkston, GA26 March 2019
I have been working here for almost 6 months now, when I first started out I enjoyed it. I started when I was 20 and I still stay with my parents so that helps a lot. The pay is $60 a full day. Sometimes you get no work for a week, sometime you get calls off the ringer. It’s not a steady flow of income, at least where I live. In my county line I only have 3 schools High, Middle, & Elementary. & I only go to 1 really (Elementary). In a bigger city you will be able so it’s probably just my city. So it might be depending on where you’re resigned.
Pros
Kids! Getting close to the community
Cons
Pay scale, energy can be DRAINED
Flexibility.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ14 March 2019
ESS is a good place to work it is a substitute management company that offers flexibility. I can take or refuse jobs as I wish.
When working I am at different schools, so there really isn't any workplace culture in ESS. This is provided by the schools where I take an assignment.
Pros
Flexibiltiy
Cons
Healthcate
Enjoyed this job
Sales Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ellwood City PA5 March 2019
I was the sales receptionist. I was taught sales quoting of steel. and done minutes for meetings and kept all steel certifications to send to clients and all other secretarial duties as required.
Pros
great learning experience and company
Cons
sorry that I had to leave
Substitute teaching
Certified Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ3 March 2019
Substitute teaching and teaching assistant. Making sure the teaching sub plans are followed. Following the schedule of the school and following the rules of the district.
Productive strict educational work place
One on One Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJ20 February 2019
Working with one student to make sure that he or she stays on track. Redirect when student when upset, nervous, anxious and etc. My boss great when needed has your back and 100 percent understanding.
Fun
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Booneville, AR15 February 2019
Fun
Out going
Friendly
Outgoing
Careing
They always make sure we are taken care of and that we know where to go when we arrive and let us know where to go!!!
A way to get into education.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  South Jersey14 February 2019
Awesome job if you have s teaching degree. If not lower wages and no long term gigs. No benefits or pay days off. Your the CEO of the company of you.
Pros
Working with kids, work when u want.
Cons
No benefits or paid days off.
Wonderful Workplace.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Paragould, AR12 February 2019
I loved working with all of the students. Although some of them would test my patience it was worth the experience. I honestly wouldn't change anything i learned from working with the children.
Good place to work just don’t have another job when finished with the tie in
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PA12 February 2019
The spreadboss is a pipeline knowledgeable person the foreman that I worked with on various different crews where good to work with the welders easy going and laid back ( usually in the truck as most welders I have seen). The crew I was with and the operator with me was responsible for digging tie in bell holes setting in trench boxes and removal. We placed timber mats and built air bridges in wet land and creek crossing for a lane of travel for equipment as well as trucks, (company,personal,dump trucks,and water trucks). Dug receiving pit for the drillers dug our hot lines to spot the boring head as it passed under the line. Trenched and set pipe in clamps an adjusted for welders to weld. Overall ESS was a good company to work for they just didn’t have enough work not known to me at the time I hired in.
Pros
Equipment, employees, safety, management.
Cons
No work, operators, communication.
Great
Substitute Teacher in Multiple Districts (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ4 February 2019
Ess provides many school districts to sub in.Working in multiple districts can lead to more full time job opportunities. Ess is very supportive of their teachers.
Good place to work as a paraprofessional
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJ3 February 2019
ESS is a temp agency for substitute teachers and paraprofessionals. Two options are available: permanent and make your own schedule. I worked as a permanent paraprofessional in the special education department. It can be a rewarding job but the low pay and lack of advancement can be a hinderance.
Pros
rewarding, good people
Cons
low pay, lack of advancement
Poor Pay/Poor Management
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington County, UT1 February 2019
I love substitute teaching and intend to advance into a full time teaching position. However, ESS pays $75.00/Day, which means, i can hardly afford anything. Thank goodness my wife also works so were not homeless. It's pretty insulting to pay a hard working American who has a bachelors degree, veteran, etc. this low of a salary. In this job you are required to take all the initiative if you want to work and they pay you $75.00. What i'm saying is that you do all the work and ESS does nothing. The boss out here will call you if you have a day off and try to get you to take jobs anywhere without telling you the actual job. You have to pull it out of him. He sends out group emails basically threatening his subs to work in a condescending tone. When we had our initial training he told us via email that it would be 2 hrs long, and then, when we were about to leave the training he told us that we were required to be at an 8 hr training the next day without pay or even a lunch. It's a joke and the boss is useless. Like I said, you do all the work. I get almost 40 hrs a wk bc i have a couple of schools who like my work ethic. ESS does nothing. Pay us more.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Pay
I love working with elementary school and having job security.
Elementary School Secretary (Current Employee) –  Willingboro, NJ23 January 2019
I have learned alot from the staff members at the school I currently work at. ESS made it possible for me to obtain a year long position. Guarantee work is available if that's what you desire. Picking where and when I want to work is also a choice . Choosing the assignments through the job portal is very easy and they also call or text in the mornings. Each school runs differently but overall I have never had a bad experience. Staff is very professional at ESS. Every call and email is answered in a professional manner.
Pros
Guaranteed work
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESS Education. Our community is ready to answer.