Esri Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Great company and interesting work. Toxic management
This company is doing some really great work. Their employees are passionate about what they do. The trouble is with the management - Very toxic.I demonstrated that I was capable of taking on alot and they responded in kind by loading me up with work. When it came time for advancement, I was looked over despite having a huge body of work and achievements. They ended up hiring an MBA grad whom I ended up hand-holding.

The hardest part of my job was navigating a toxic management culture. They promote people to key positions who do not possess the skills necessary to manage people. Instead they opt for education credentials when promoting and time on the job. Don't get me wrong, time on the job is an important consideration but the reality is some people are simply not cut out to people manage. It would be okay if they supported these managers/directors with leadership coaching but frankly ESRI suprisingly does not see the value in that.

I thoroughly enjoyed my job, I had the opportunity to work on so many exciting writing/projects.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Long hours, very little recognition
Great Company
Esri is a great company with amazing culture, my manager was amazing and the work volume was big without stress. The hardest part of the job was that we had 5 months of 24 hours support
Pros
Stable
Cons
difficult to evoluate
Great company but poor management teir
Great company but poor management teir.
Worklife balance is good and benefits are also great, but you are only vested in your benefits after 5 years of working at ESRI.
ESRI is a great company to work for
I started as a co-op student and eventually worked their full time as a summer job. Great hospitality was shown to me and recommend it to anybody else.
Learn
I have the oportunity to learn to use many Gis software and extensions cultural aspect during this stage now i leave to Portugal at 1 of May
Great staff great work environment
Loved the facilities and the people there. Very diverse and welcoming set. The efficiency in my department was great. Communication flow was superb and the team was very goal oriented.
Cons
DVP Traffic
Worked as contractor
The review is from contractor perspective. Felt just like a number. Looked like management was overworked. However, well compensated. Full time employees seemed happy. and with good benefits.
Fun place to work with a bunch of amazing people.
I enjoyed my 5 years at Esri. I advanced in many skills especially my accounting and excel skills. I gained more confidence to work independently and as a team member. I joined the Social committee and enjoyed assisting in the planning of company events. The most enjoyable part of my job was the billing period - I love working with numbers and to finish the job on time every time accurately was my greatest accomplishment. We worked with major companies.
Pros
Summer Fridays, vacation and benefits
Cons
Restructuring
Good company
Good company to work for.

•a typical day at work

•what you learned

•management

•your co-workers

•the hardest part of the job

•the most enjoyable part of the job