Espanola Animal Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Working Environment
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Espanola, ON8 August 2018
Just an all around great place to work. Everyone on the team encourages each other even on the hardest of days we all pull together and make it to the end of the day laughing. Awesome learning opportunities, there is always something new to discover. If you’ve always wanted a career in the veterinary field this is the opportunity that you cannot miss.
Pros
Paid lunches, Bonuses, Travel, Great Coworkers
Cons
Long but rewarding hours
An amazing surgical assistant experience!
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Espanola, ON8 August 2018
Working at the Espanola Animal Hospital is rewarding on many levels. Day in and day out you get to be apart of a close knit group of people who are not only career driven but like to have fun along the way. If you are a hard working individual who enjoys the aspect of each day being different from the last, this job (and career) is for you. There is no need for prior training (although prior veterinary experience helps), the staff will guide you through each task you need to know to make you an asset to the team! The surgical team assists in a wide variety of procedures from fracture repairs, many orthopedic procedures (including total hip replacements!) and spinal surgeries. Whether you’re wanting to be a vet assistant, vet technician, or even wanting to be a future veterinarian this group of employees/employer will help you in every aspect they can!

The sky is the limit for the job advancement that is available working at the animal hospital. If you’re interested in rehabilitation we have that, if you like conducting research we have that too, if you have an interest in radiology, 3D printing or being apart of cutting edge surgeries, all of these are an added bonus of the things you can do with this job.
Cons
Long hours (due to emergencies or more on the job training)
Unlimited Opportunity
Veterinary Asst/Rehabilitation Asst & ICU Nurse (Current Employee) –  Espanola, ON7 August 2018
Working at Espanola Animal Hospital has, by far, been one of my best employment experiencesthat I continue to enjoy. I am continually given new learning opportunities, new tasks and advancements and have unlimited opportunity to learn and gain accreditations in the field (rehabilitation therapy, vet assistant, dentistry, anesthesia and ICU patient care etc.) Pay rate is more than fair given the typical rates of pay available as an assistant, not including the bonuses for my efforts & hard work. The staff is friendly, atmosphere is great and I find everyone to be supportive and encouraging. We have a great team that works great together. It is a fast paced job that can come with a lot of stress but we all work together to get the job done, take care of each other & provide what I believe to be the best patient care around. I have worked here for 8 months now and have known most of the long term employees for the better part of 6+ years. One of the best decisions I have ever made as a change of career was to apply at this surgical referral centre.
Pros
Pay rate, bonuses, continuing education & training.
Cons
Long hours as required
Want to succeed in veterinary medicine? This is the place to work!
Registered Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Espanola, ON5 August 2018
The team makes a world of difference! Everyone supports each other, and encourages you to do your very best every day!
One of the best parts of the job is the amazingly innovative surgerys you get to assist the doctor with, whether you're scrubbed in with him, doing anesthesia, or circulating.
There's also loads of opportunities to advance in your career. Whether you have zero experience, or already a vet tech/RVT, he will help you excel! There is TONS of training! There is also tuition assistance for continuing education; becoming a vet tech,becoming a rehab assistant, etc. The sky's the limit.
The pay is also above average. The more you know and the harder you work, the higher the pay. There are also bonuses, which are pretty frequent.
This isn't your typical 9-5 job, animals don't stop having accidents because the end of the day is approaching. But if you want a career, and you are passionate, this is the place you need to work.
Pros
Paid Lunches, Paid CE, Bonuses, Great Team, Awesome Procedures
Cons
Long Hours
Opportunity on a silver platter
Animal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Espanola, ON4 August 2018
Amazing place in many respects, but what I love most are the boundless opportunities. Want to wade into the field of Veterinary medicine? Perfect, they're happy to have you if you want to learn! Want to become a veterinary technician? Even better, they pay for your degree! Want to become a specialized technician after that? Speak at conferences? Anything you can think of, they will support.
Pros
Awesome co-workers, supportive atmosphere, on the job training, tuition assistance
The place to be if you want to head straight to the top!
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Espanola, ON12 December 2017
A really, really great place to work if you're motivated, love learning new things and becoming the best version of yourself. There is a lot of support offered to employees in terms of tuition assistance, travel grants to attend courses/conferences, and mentorship between the staff.
Paid trips all over North America and Europe, frequent bonuses, raises. This is the the most money I have ever made!
I can't envision myself ever working anywhere else.
Pros
Free travel, tuition assistance, supportive atmosphere, rewarding work
Must Love Animals
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Espanola, ON20 September 2017
To work here you must love animals because it becomes everyone responsibility to care for them. This includes keeping their spaces clean and walking dogs as needed.
Great experiences and life lessons!
Registered Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON19 September 2016
From starting the day taking care of boarders, to ending the day with a porcupine quill removal there was never a dull moment. The life lessons I learned while working in this position I will carry with me always.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Espanola Animal Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7