ESM Security

ESM Security Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews

Easy to work

Job culture is ver casual and realxed. Wage is reasonable and guards are treated well . Flexible hours and the location is safe too. Had a good experience .

Good job for experience

The company it’s self needs improvement, but it’s the same as any other security company, you’re just another number, management don’t seem interested in be involved with the employees, when you need to reach management other then the supervisor (whom is new currently) it’s a good place to work if your looking to get security experience and a small amount of loss prevention. People constantly call in sick so you might as well forget about your day to day life cause you’ll feel obligated to cover your relief cause they can’t come in and you don’t want to leave the staff of the store with out a guard. For some reason the company has a hard time filling the positions so they subcontract it to another company and pays them $3.00 more then they pay their own staff. Over all I give esm 2.5 stars it’s another security.

Pros

Not a lot, Can leave for lunch, beer store staff can be cool

Cons

No life to work life balance, no benefits, mediocre pay and management hard to reach.

Insights into ESM Security

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Ynfit bosses, toxic culture

Some job sites are physically demanding. Which is fine. But I bet the big bossess won't be able to do them cause they're so physically unfit. They LIE about your wage. MANIPULATE poor clueless immigrants. Bunch of RACISTS!!!

Pros

Cons

Toxic culture

Relax work environment

When I heard they were paying 16$/hr. I was NOT interested AT ALL.But then I found out they pay OT after 8hrs , that’s when I changed my mind. So I’m averaging more money in a day than most companies at the moment. It’s a good company. There are just guards that don’t take their job seriously and that’s why it can hurt the company. We do a good job and the clients will keep us longer at their site. We all need to be working. Two new women supervisors there.

Pros

OT after 8 hrs, Vehicle Allowance and Mileage outside de city

Cons

Long hours sitting in a car, rain, snow, slow and busy work

Management is a joke

Mangement do not know how to run a business,they are just earning money ..they don't care about the gurads .I am very unhappy about the atmosphere they have in their office.Nothing is planned

Pros

Cons

Alot

Best security company to work with. You will get enough hours and also overtime pay and vocational pay.

Best company ever for security. I am working from last 2 years . I am getting flexible shifts on time pay and much more. The supervisor are good kind and give very person a chance to rise. You will get overtime and overtime extra pay too

Good salary

Competitive work, you learn a lot, gives a boost to your working self. ESM provides a lot of exposure and also gives a chance to work in multiple sites.

Pros

Overtimes

Cons

Job Security

Productive and maintain positive relations with tenants, contractors, and community.

Good customer services.Respond to all security concerns. Keeping records of incidents and also inform and warn violators of unlawful behaviour. Daily foot patrol or vehicle patrol.

Pros

Free Lunch tickets

Cons

Good long time overtime

productive and relaxed workplace

it was excellent when i have worked there they provide work in different cities.and every thing was going good but they were providing casual shifts so i l;left it because i needed full time.

Don't do it

The scheduling is all over the place and no set hours. they make hard to have a sec job becuase hours are so littled. Staff will not work with me .over all bad news

workplace

A great retail environment. management is great and I've learned many different skills in nature. the hardest part of the job dealing with mentally ill individuals.

Inexperienced Management

ESM security started out as a decent employer until.... Living with a seizure disorder and trying to live a normal life is hard enough. ESM Security wanted me to work as far as 80 kms from the city in to know mans lands in the middle of winter at 12 am to work a 12 hr shift at a site without a washroom. I was terminated by ESM Security while on medical leave. The area Supervisor seemed okay at first until the company hired more guards and then I noticed a change in her attitude towards me? I can honestly tell you I worked hard and was available when ever ESM called for a sudden shift live the one I had to drive in the middle of winter to Milford,NS a round trip of 160 kms. If you looking to work for a company where you put everything in and get nothing in return ESM Security is right for you. I was terminated by ESM Security while on medical leave.

Pros

Cons

Supervisor

Great Job

Great Employers. Great co-workers. Free training rooms. Easy to get hired. Plenty of shifts. Train and advice their guards from time to time. Even though the salary is basic pay, but they pay on time. Management is good.

fine place

Long hours at work but enjoyable. There was a team spirit, especially the time was during 2016 after the forest fire happened in Fort McMurray AB. The management team and our supervisors in the field were highly coordinated. The hardest part of the job was the long distant trip to reach to the site. I learned above all on how to evacuate people during disaster time and working long hours with flexible shifts.

Employment

I found fantastic way of learning in fast environment about management team work and public dealing and how to upgrade yourself in future career .

Very Great staff, poor managment

Really enjoyed my job with esm, was a great way to end the session, although there was a few flaws it was a great job to learn multipule things such as managment, security, responsibility, how to deal with difficult people and time managment.

Pros

free housing and food

Cons

Long periods of time with out family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESM Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement