Eskimo Point Lumber Supply Employee Reviews

Worst Company I have ever worked for
Trades (Former Employee) –  Nunavut15 September 2018
I’m from the east coast and I quit my job on the promises they made to me. Once I started working I realized they weren’t planning on keeping any promises and went back on some of the terms of employment. Blew my mind that companies like this still exist and that they don’t need to answer to the employment standards set by the government. Which are bare minimum to start with.
Pros
Cons
Lots
One of the worst northern employers
Employee (Former Employee) –  Arviat, NU19 April 2018
They make promises and dont keep them. They promise this and that and nothing comes of it. They expect everything but give nothing in return except stress and demands.
They dont value their employees and it's a rotating door of people.
The only high ratings were written by them....
terrible place to work
Tradesman (Former Employee) –  Arviat, NU11 April 2018
no support to first time workers arriving there. you're on your own..
They get you to quit your previous job by making false promises just to get you there and deny they promised you anything!
Used car salesman tactics.
Very little overtime offered. Usually 40-50 hours per week.
Zero workers safety involvement. I got the feeling that safety was frowned upon.
Its an amateur operation, Did a few rotations and left.
Pros
different place to see
Cons
all of it
Heavy equipment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Rankin Inlet, NU21 March 2018
I am a loader operator and wish to work for nassittuq in alert and willing to travel and be in a camp I am also a haul truck driver plus can operate other equipment such as grader and back hoe
Pros
Driving a loader
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Family Business
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Arviat, NU2 March 2018
Great staff and working environment, everyone there really seems to enjoy their jobs, lots of smiles and laughter. A great opportunity for anyone wanting to experience a unique way of life and immerse themselves in a different culture.
Pros
Family business, culture, friendly
Cons
cold winters
anonym (Current Employee) –  anonym2 March 2018
Awesome company to work for. Great team and very good social benefits. Very good perspective for the future. Great management goals. Good salary. Love to work for EPLS.
Pros
team, management, social benefits
Cons
Rewarding and uplifting work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Rankin Inlet1 March 2018
EPLS is a great company to work with! What started as a family company clearly blossemed into a respectable business throughout the north - which kept their family oriented values!! The EPLS team are all wonderful people - management are great to deal with and working and helping the community in itself is very rewarding! EPLS makes the transition to the North as easy as they possibly can. I would highly recommend EPLS to anyone who is looking for a fulfilling career with great benefits and the ability to advance through the company. The choices and possibilities are endless!
Pros
Family oriented, Great team, Benefits, Experience and long lasting memories of the north!
Horrible place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rankin Inlet, NU16 December 2017
They flew me up, first time in Nunavut, I was stranded in Winnipeg with no place to stay. I got up there and was alone at the airport. Had to wait 3 hours for someone to answer an email and pick me up. Once I started working everything that they promised was a lie. Took the first opportunity I could to get back home!! What a horrible company and a terrible experience.
Pros
Good wadges, low tax in Nunavut
Cons
Everything about the company
Poor Management and low wages
Tradesman (Current Employee) –  Rankin Inlet, NU25 October 2017
Promised the world, once I quit my job and flew up they totally went against everything they promised. Not a good place to work away from home. Very stressful. Management do not provide the tools to perform the job and expect you to perform to an above standard with out them.
Pros
Unfortunately none
Cons
No sick days/ expensive medical package
Great Team Environment!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2017
EPLS has a great work environment. The people are friendly and welcoming - and the compensation/benefits are competitive.
I would highly recommend EPLS to anyone who would like a fulfilling career and future development opportunities.
Pros
Family Oriented, Great Co-Workers, Good Benefit Plan
Not the place for a tradesperson that wants respect in there trade
Tradesman (Former Employee) –  Nunavut4 October 2017
The manager told us that having a red seal means nothing, they have no respect for the work it takes to attain a red seal in a trade. Our proffesional opinion and attention to safety is laughed at where is would be admired at any other company. They make big promises and once you are hired take them all back. Unless you are completely desperate I stongly recomend not applying.
Pros
Money if you get paid
Cons
Can't depend on getting paid for hours worked