Escents Aromatherapy Employee Reviews

No job security
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 August 2018
I worked here from the locations opening in 2017 to it's abrupt closing in 2018, there was little job security or warning of closure and little to no room for advancement.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Not much training, no job security, no warning of closure literally 36 hrs warning, paid late, still waiting on severance pay which is only 1 wagesweek
Made me ill with anxiety
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 May 2018
Go to glassdoor.ca for over 60 reviews putting this company at only a 1.5 star company.
You’ll get a real sense of the place from the reviews you can find there.
Sounds like the CEO is still the problem she was when I was there.
The job affected my digestion from the anxiety. Haven’t needed medical attention since quitting.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Emotional Distress, ironically
Nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 April 2018
Rewarding to help people find the right aromatherapy,
Nice to work in Metrotown.
Easy to learn and navigate the store. Interesting to learn about the products.
Creative workplace
Sales Associate to Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2018
Able to create and work with other people. Learned a lot about the human body and olfactory system. Met many wonderful people in this line of work. Was able to help many customers.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Lack of staffing sometimes
Good, friendly place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 January 2018
I currently work at Escents and I think it has been the best job that I have ever had. Great management, great coworkers, warm environment that inspires you to learn more about the field of aromatherapy.
Pros
Mostly not fast paced
Cons
Headoffice can sometimes be disorganized
Nice staff. Clean and healthy environment to work in.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 June 2017
Management not skilled in dealing with staff. But a nice enough place to work. Additional training on products is given. I learned a lot about using aromatherapy for health.
Pros
Healthy environment, good discount
Cons
Not much advancement. Owner and upper management not really in touch with stores and staff.
Fun
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 June 2017
fun environment with wonder guests and guest experiences. great employee discount. lots of wonderful products with tons and tons of benefits for all people.
Interesting experience
Scent Specialist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 July 2016
A standard sales associate experience with a company striving to promote natural health and wellness. I am able to learn a great deal about essential oils; their history, what they are used for and how they work physiologically. The best part of my job is educating others on how to improve their health and wellbeing using natural essential oils.
Pros
Education in essential oils
fun workplace
Warehouse staff (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 February 2016
not much to say. it's a fun place to work, my co-workers are great, manager is really nice and understanding, there is no hard job, the most enjoyable part of the job is break time.
Was a good place to work before became corporate and bullies
ESCENTS CULTURE SHOP MANAGER AND RETAIL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC1 October 2015
I worked there for a long time and enjoyed all of it however towards the end management became bullies, unsupported and never around for positive encouragement.
not a good place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 June 2015
no work life balance. always work, no life. hours were not good. minimum staff on the floor. have to work along a lot of time, at night especially.
good location to work if you work at the robson street, a lot of lunch choices.
Bad pay, minimum wage, no perks, no benefit.
To be clear with my role
Sales Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 June 2014
One of the greatest chellenges that I have encountered at my current and former work environment is the diversity of clients and people that I interact with everyday. In my opinion, all individual differences and preferences should be respected and that is by carefully listening to other's needs and provide the right support and assistance that one is asking for. To work in an interactive environment, I have to always be alert and keep my mind open with the surrounding and respond to any possible conficts or situations that requireds attention. That way, things will be addressed accordingly and my work performances would be performed effectively and efficiently. Having a can-do attitude is what I believe because such attitude can shine through my actions and I am confident that as long as I give in my best, any possible issues could be addressed perfessionally.
Pros
strengthen conflict resolution skills