Equipment World

Equipment World Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Loved working for this company...the manager was great and really showed he cared about you as a person, lots of little perks, staff was great to work with too
Pros
Very accommodating for family/personal matrers
Cons
Needed more job duties to stay busy
Great place to work with great co-workers. Work load can grow quickly and with communication there is always someone to help out. Lot's of products to be aware of and learn about. Training when on-boarding was good with some room for improvement. All in all a great family owned business with flexibility.
Fun place to work, learned a lot. Picking up the system is a must, can't half-learn it. If an error is made, it's easily traceable back to you. Friday lunches with everyone was the best
Family owned business, with the benefits and disadvantages of such. Hired with many promises of advancement and salary increases but positions seem more or less stagnant.
Pros
Many good coworkers, opportunity to meet many new people.
Cons
Management is very poor, Employees have a negative attitude towards the company quickly tainted new hires. Too many products
You get to represent some of the best brands in the business. Lots of support from internal management and vendors. Vast catalogue of products results in endless opportunities with your clients. All around great place to work
Great people to work for, lots of opportunity to grow and excel. Lots of training opportunities with vendors & networking events. They understand the need for a work/life balance (flexible with appts etc.)
Pros
Great team, flexibility, growth opportunities
Cons
heavy work load
I have been with Equipment World for approximately 10 years now and have had the opportunity to work in many different positions within the company to facilitate my career growth. The company has been an excellent place for me to develop as a person as well as learn an industry that is mostly unfamiliar to people who are not directly involved. The owner of the company is a genuine person who cares very much about the company and the people who work for the company. Equipment World is a large firm in Northern Ontario that still has the feel of a family owned and operated company as the owner is still very involved with the everyday operations. All departments within the company and the Sudbury location work very closely together and this really helps develop a strong team and a team that works well together.
Pros
Team Lunches, Community involvement, Unique industry, Opportunities for Growth
This was my college placement job. I completed the placement and they hired me on for the few more months. My job was to assist the marketing director. We created flyers and advertisements and kept the database up to date.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
I was unfamiliar with the product
Currently I am in charge of all tender quotes for projects from Spanish to Kapuskasing to Mattaw to Barrie and all stops in-between. I keep myself going with shop drawings, quotes, purchase orders, work orders and managing jobs. From day to day I receive many different requests from Contractors and customers for all kinds of different products. A standard 9 - 10hr day keeps me busy as I only take a 30min lunch since I have too many hats to fill in one day. At the end of my day I ensure that all product is received, products are on order and on their way and that my install crew has all of their required paperwork for the next day.
Pros
Wide array of products
Cons
Wide array of products
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Equipment World?
upgraded my licence. met some new people. gained some valuable skill sets. didn't like the owner.