Equinox

Equinox Employee Reviews

Canada45 reviews
Fast paced culture with targets to meet every month. Definitely can make great money if you work hard. This is not a laid back position, by any means.
The management team in Vancouver is great. The culture as well. The company itself (which Vancouver has no control over) pays their employees poorly (less than living wage). Advancement is nill as there is only one club in this market. The company also has a lot of work to do in Canada. They forget we are a different country and often miss out on opportunities but are still expected to sell and hit high targets.
Great people to teach and develop professional skills for helping clients. The rehabilitation course is developed for connecting the personal trainer to the needs of the clients.
Very good
we all work as a team most of us were Latinos with different cultures but everything was very good.

I liked having been part of the equinox family
Equinox is a nice place to work at, especially when it comes to working with the public, and meeting new poeple. However, I would only recommend it for people who can multitask and who can handle stress well.
Working at Equinox was fun because of the people you met. However, it's a hard job overall. I would only recommend to the people who can handle stress very well.
Environment was very cliquey, management was biased. Impossible goals to hit, commission was pointless. The pay was standard but dreaded going to work every shift.
management is fair and they do a really good job listening to their employees. The team for the most part is friendly. the tasks given are doable and the training they provide is excellent
The manager is extremely rude. I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply here and should be taken off the Indeed app. The salary is too low and bad location aswell.
A typical day at work involved cleaning the locker room, making sure it was presentable to incoming members. When posted to work on the floor, duties included preparing and cleaning different workout rooms for classes. I learned how to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment. I found it very easy to interact with other members of staff.
Pros
Discounted spa facilities
Cons
Some difficulty in cleaning certain areas
Bonne communication et la ponctualité au travaille
I learned so much regarding sales, customer service, scheduling and planning daily work. I learned how to set personal goals and follow through. I learned how to enhance my communication skills. The days were sometimes 12 hrs plus, but this is the nature of the business. The culture was challenging, but I learned how to bring my best self forward and be driven to succeed in achieving many bonuses and raises/promotions.
Unorganized, not supportive, very judgmental. Beautiful facility but thats about it. Great learning courses, negative work staff, not the best team environment.
They expect you to be a slave at first, low pay and terrible hours. The whole company is superficial, its all about maintaining an image. I would never recommend working here unless desperate for a start in the PT industry.
Fear and intimidation prevalent with this Club. If you are looking for long term career avoid this club. General Manager and Assistance General manager treats their maintenance employees like garbage. If you apply for this company in Vancouver, ask yourself what benefit will it provide for you because they really don’t care about you as your just plugging a hole.
Pros
Cons
Had a Hard time staying positive and able to focus on work here
if you cannot find any job, then you should go there

it is a good place to start your telecommunication job or sales over the phone kinda jobs.

Management is weak ...
Managers are not prepared or organized.
There are multiple job expectations from the management that was not discussed or mentioned at the job interview or contract.
Pros
education is provided by the company
Cons
long hours, under pay, racist management
- one of the best gyms you can work for
- can earn a decent salary, but requires a lot of work

- benefits are good

- pay is not secure because it's commission-based

- need more rigorous hiring standards for trainers
Pros
flexible schedule, highest pay in industry
Cons
highly variable pay, long days
As Discipline Department Manager reporting to the Engineering Director, inherited a very difficult, confusing environment. Position turnover was constant, one every six months. Far too much lack of consistent company structure changing continuously without collective rationale. This confusion was left to the department managers to unhinge, without support from the upper management and the shareholders who often are the perpetrators of the confusion themselves. I brought stability to the role, surviving as the longest serving department manager.
Pros
Small engineering company, cordial work environment
Cons
No organizational structure, inconsistent roles/responsibilities
Environnement respectable et chaleureux. Travail d équipe.
Clean, clean and clean! I learned how to deal with members on a day to day basis. This is a great motivational place to work. The hardest part of the job in cleaning the cardio machines, also preparing to get a facility review. The most enjoyable part of the job is folding the towels in the laundry area filled with laughs and music entertainment.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Longs hours, little pay