Equinox Engineering Employee Review

View all Equinox Engineering reviews

No advance in this company
Lead piping designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 November 2016
This company will use you and not pay you very well. They talk about moving you to bigger jobs but they keep you always in the same position, never really willing or wanting to help you advance your career.
Pros
Free coffee, life work balance
Cons
Poor managers, no help from senior personnel, not willing to look at promoting within company

Other Equinox Engineering Employee Reviews

EPCM focused
Process Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2019
Work with multiple clients. EPCM focused. Contributed to front end engineering and design phase of capital projects. Friendly staff. Fast paced environment.
Good overall Company
Senior Piping Design Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 December 2018
I worked for Equinox for 4 years.

In that time I worked many challenging projects. There was however a lack of good estimating done for project hours. Not a complaint but an observation. They do job share with both India and Australia. At times this dictates what happens on a project and can impact design quality. I was given the ability to travel their India office which enabled me to learn more about job sharing. This knowledge has been a big factor in my acquiring a new position with one of their competitors. :-)

There are a few too many managers but they all are good people. My teams were motivated and produced good work.

There is a bit too much adherence to "we have always done it like that" approaches. Some really talented new blood would enhance what Equinox does.
Pros
Challenging projects. Good co-workers.
Cons
Lower pay then most companies. No job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinox Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

Equinox Engineering Reviews by Location