Equinox Engineering Employee Reviews

Great co workers
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2017
at first their was growth in my self, after a while I felt squeezed in my role. personal growth ma mentorship is very important, a experienced conflict in my management skills,
Pros
lunch and learns, saddle dome box
Cons
definaite favaourites
Productive workplace
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
Company's working environment is very dynamic. It is a highly productive workplace. However, company benefits are minimal and salary reviews are rarely performed.
Horrible project execution teem including Management
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary24 February 2017
This is no star company. The company is poorly managed and project managers given tasks to cut corners in engineering work,Project Managers are not even Professional Engineers of Apegga and wants to cut corners in engineering.(Dilemma for engineers who are P.Eng.to work as per Apegga Professionlism)

Everyone tries to save their skin by passing the mistakes to others.

Any one leaving good companies and joining this mismanaged company will not survive more.

There are many people not even qulaified to call them engineers.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Many cons
Big Brother Was always watching
Procurement (Former Employee) –  Calgary17 November 2016
Poorly managed procurement department my time with the company. As a result, I couldn't take my job seriously. Big Brother (IT Police) were always watching. Rather challenging not to surf the internet when you have nothing better to do. Spent more time trying to figure out my time sheet than actually doing work (their system is ridiculous). Some friendly staff but for the most part, the people on my age group were rather clicky. Hopefully more companies begin hiring again as I wouldn't recommend going here!
Pros
Some nice looking staff
Cons
Everything (minus some of the good looking staff)
Respectful and Professional
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2016
I found Equinox Engineering to be professional and respectful in every way. I was totally impressed with all aspects of the company's values. Not only do they have good strong values but they stand behind them.
Not many companies like this.
Pros
Supportive in all aspects of the hiring and training process
No advance in this company
Lead piping designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 November 2016
This company will use you and not pay you very well. They talk about moving you to bigger jobs but they keep you always in the same position, never really willing or wanting to help you advance your career.
Pros
Free coffee, life work balance
Cons
Poor managers, no help from senior personnel, not willing to look at promoting within company
Worst company to work
Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2016
Equinox is the worst company I ever worked for during the last 13 years. Many of my relatives as well as friends already told me the same about this company but I didn't agree until I had my worst personal worst experience with this company.
design out of sequence, Poor management.
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2016
This is not a place for engineers, all they need is your stamp, you as a engineer will be the last one to receive information or sometimes you see the scope just few days before IFC. Some PEs work closely with designers, but keep engineers out of the loop. So engineers only get timely information when they luckily work with a real professional designer. The department head simply has no soft skills for the position, treated the department members with no respect, not sharing project information with the team, no overview of workload and manpower. The former department manager was much better. The management know all of these but they are hesitant to take actions. This company is cheap, but both the company and the stamping engineers are taking huge risk, I believe the same for the client. Think twice before you apply.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Design things out of sequence, poor management.
Great people and atmosphere in Core group
Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2016
Equinox is divided into 2 complete separate entities, the Major projects and the core group. I was part of core and we dealt with smaller projects. All my experience and ratings are based on this small group and the dynamics of how it works. Its a fast pace environment with a lot of friendly coworkers and close relationship with your and other teams and supervisors. A good place to learn and gain experience while having a fun and productive work environment.
Average place to work
Civil/Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2016
Small to medium size company average place to work, not so good benefits. and limited chances to advancement. Not so great team work get limited help from seniors,
Good people - good environment
Lead Process Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2016
Work satisfaction will depend on the team you are on and the people on your team. I do not need to write more. I believe I have made myself clear.
Unprofessional engineers
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  calgary12 May 2015
Mechanical dept is in horrible hands,Unprofessional engineers only know how to copy from previous project,
Quote the man-hours with less man-hours and skip all steps of Engineering,No Dept. Procuedures and nobody is willing to make one for the betterment of the company.

Feels clients will come back somehow and the problems can be solved automatically at site
Pros
No pros
Cons
Earlier project Copy Masters, Unprofessional Managers and Engineers, no procedures
Good people, good management, poor job security
Senior Project Engineer- Project Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2015
If you are looking for a place to work and produce for a couple of years it is OK.

If you are looking for stability, forget it, this company is quite unstable.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
No stability of job security
Good working environment.
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2015
This is a great company to work in. However job security might be an issue due to the instability of the market.
My supervisor is an excellent person, great to deal with.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
So so job stability
Not a very good organization to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  calgary15 January 2015
Job security is zero. Management is very haphazard. It's a place to work while you get a better job. Company has no organization structure. Decision making is made at whims of one or two men.
Pros
small EPC
Cons
Small EPC
Posting Fake Positions
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 December 2014
They keep on posting jobs and fake positions just to give indication that they have projects and they are working.
Overall great experience and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2014
I learned alot about what needs to be done in the oil and gas industry.
not a top employer
anonymous (Former Employee) –  calgary, ab2 May 2013
Equinox management does not provide growth opportunities, even though they promise you that in the interview process.
Management has the tendency to 'carrot dangle' without the promised end result.

The HR Management does not support its employees. Does not make strong efforts to listen or change the issues that are ongoing. The HR management is unorganized, and unethical; sharing confidential information with employees who are outside of the HR capacity.
The overall compensation is not competitive enough with the industry, as it should be.
Spending more money on monthly parties and alcohol rather than employee recognition or improving employee morale.
Overall, by far, not a top employer.
It was a disaster to work for this company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary25 March 2013
Not adequate work environment , limited sitting place

Hard to find real work even seniors are struggling to keep busy

Management has no clue where they are going and where they want their company

Never seen such worst engineering company
Pros
hardly any
Cons
cant list them all
Productive and fun
Project Engineer/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  calgary20 March 2013
great place to work just had no job security there,works and my boss were great to get along with, high sence of fun, easy to get along with any one there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinox Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8