Equinox Engineering

Equinox Engineering Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
money was good, expectations were super high, i was A pm , not a sales guy. unrealistic exoectations of technical. staff?, we are not all bd guys .
Initially was good company till 2015, as with much of the industry. Two pay cuts later (about 30%), and no raises since, even while we had lots of work. The company bragged every year during the Christmas "luncheon" about how much profit they made, with a lot of promotions among the upper management. Left a bad taste after 9 years there.
Pros
Work
Cons
Pay
Join this company only if you have run out of options. No benefits other than standard Health and dental. Salary is below market once you look at the other benefits that you are missing out. Managers have their favourite people and have no respect for new ideas. Overall a very toxic work culture.
Cons
Poor Management, Unhealthy work culture
Diverse projects and challenges. Good working environment with open communication between disciplines. Fast paced with a good work/life balance. Fair company to work for
Great company to work for. Managers are supportive and helpful. I was working in the field and the work was rewarding and challenging. Coworkers were great and the experience was very good.
Productive but hard to work at Equinox.
Can learn much in gas processing design work.

Good job security and friendship with co-workes.

Request a fast and accurate work style.

Need a site experience and broad knowledge at wor.k

Experience from Conceptual to detail work.
Work with multiple clients. EPCM focused. Contributed to front end engineering and design phase of capital projects. Friendly staff. Fast paced environment.
I worked for Equinox for 4 years.

In that time I worked many challenging projects. There was however a lack of good estimating done for project hours. Not a complaint but an observation. They do job share with both India and Australia. At times this dictates what happens on a project and can impact design quality. I was given the ability to travel their India office which enabled me to learn more about job sharing. This knowledge has been a big factor in my acquiring a new position with one of their competitors. :-)

There are a few too many managers but they all are good people. My teams were motivated and produced good work.

There is a bit too much adherence to "we have always done it like that" approaches. Some really talented new blood would enhance what Equinox does.
Pros
Challenging projects. Good co-workers.
Cons
Lower pay then most companies. No job security.
The leadership is great, and employees support to grow their careers within the company. Company culture is great and everyone who works here is passionate about what they do.
Probably the worst company I have ever worked for. The VP has no issue lying to the clients about how Equinox deals with overtime. The company puts most of their ownership in the highest positions and unfortunately some of them have never worked anywhere else and they don't necessarily know how to properly estimate and run a project. There were a lot of good people that worked there when I was there so that is a positive thing.
Pros
There were some good social events
Cons
They have no idea what project controls is
Short contract, good people.
Learned a lot.

Would have been nice to stay and continue to learn.

Manager I worked with was a good and fair man.

Would go back if the opportunity was there
Many opportunities for career growth, as well as the chance to work on challenging projects, both domestically and internationally. A unique opportunity to work with global work share offices in Australia and India. Excellent systems and procedures. An amazing team of people who are fun to work with and highly passionate in the work they do.
I learnt several new things in Equinox. I had full freedom in doing my work independantly. The supervisors and colleagues were quite open in sharing their knowledge and experience in various fields. Last but not the least, the weekend socialising events were quite helpful in building the team.
Pros
Helpful supervisors
Cons
Medium sized company
Pros:
Good Pay and Benefits when times were good

Cons:

No work-life balance

Expected to always have billable hours otherwise you were let go

Treats staff like a commodity that can be easily replaced

No employee loyality (I saw many people treated very poorly during the crash of 2015/2016)

Don't work here unless you are desperate.
at first their was growth in my self, after a while I felt squeezed in my role. personal growth ma mentorship is very important, a experienced conflict in my management skills,
Pros
lunch and learns, saddle dome box
Cons
definaite favaourites
Company's working environment is very dynamic. It is a highly productive workplace. However, company benefits are minimal and salary reviews are rarely performed.
This is no star company. The company is poorly managed and project managers given tasks to cut corners in engineering work,Project Managers are not even Professional Engineers of Apegga and wants to cut corners in engineering.(Dilemma for engineers who are P.Eng.to work as per Apegga Professionlism)

Everyone tries to save their skin by passing the mistakes to others.

Any one leaving good companies and joining this mismanaged company will not survive more.

There are many people not even qulaified to call them engineers.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Many cons
Ethicaly and technicaly was very good environmetn. The management and leadership were excellent. Love to work in such a good environment. team gathering and ease of access to technical document is the advenage.
Pros
fun, ease of access to restaurant
Cons
job not secure
I found Equinox Engineering to be professional and respectful in every way. I was totally impressed with all aspects of the company's values. Not only do they have good strong values but they stand behind them.
Not many companies like this.
Pros
Supportive in all aspects of the hiring and training process
This company will use you and not pay you very well. They talk about moving you to bigger jobs but they keep you always in the same position, never really willing or wanting to help you advance your career.
Pros
Free coffee, life work balance
Cons
Poor managers, no help from senior personnel, not willing to look at promoting within company
Equinox is the worst company I ever worked for during the last 13 years. Many of my relatives as well as friends already told me the same about this company but I didn't agree until I had my worst personal worst experience with this company.