Equinox

Equinox Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,030 reviews

Insights into Equinox

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Trust in colleagues

High Turnover

This job involves heavy physical labour. If you are an individual who likes to move a lot and you have a good attitude, this job might be for you. I enjoy meeting the people at Equinox.

Pros

Discounted Membership

The worst place to work

a very heavy job, working there in quarantine is not ideal, people do not keep their distance, they do not wear masks and it is very dirty. I talked to the managers about the situation and they did not take me into account. I do not recommend anyone to work there.

Cons

Get out of it what you put into it.

Fast paced culture with targets to meet every month. Definitely can make great money if you work hard. This is not a laid back position, by any means.

Great team in Vancouver

The management team in Vancouver is great. The culture as well. The company itself (which Vancouver has no control over) pays their employees poorly (less than living wage). Advancement is nill as there is only one club in this market. The company also has a lot of work to do in Canada. They forget we are a different country and often miss out on opportunities but are still expected to sell and hit high targets.

Great contractor

Great people to teach and develop professional skills for helping clients. The rehabilitation course is developed for connecting the personal trainer to the needs of the clients.

Very good

Very good we all work as a team most of us were Latinos with different cultures but everything was very good. I liked having been part of the equinox family

Recommend

Equinox is a nice place to work at, especially when it comes to working with the public, and meeting new poeple. However, I would only recommend it for people who can multitask and who can handle stress well.

Tough

Working at Equinox was fun because of the people you met. However, it's a hard job overall. I would only recommend to the people who can handle stress very well.

Management sucks

Environment was very cliquey, management was biased. Impossible goals to hit, commission was pointless. The pay was standard but dreaded going to work every shift.

Amazing opportunity of professional growth and financial gain

I learned so much regarding sales, customer service, scheduling and planning daily work. I learned how to set personal goals and follow through. I learned how to enhance my communication skills. The days were sometimes 12 hrs plus, but this is the nature of the business. The culture was challenging, but I learned how to bring my best self forward and be driven to succeed in achieving many bonuses and raises/promotions.

Bad management

Unorganized, not supportive, very judgmental. Beautiful facility but thats about it. Great learning courses, negative work staff, not the best team environment.

Not a good place to start

They expect you to be a slave at first, low pay and terrible hours. The whole company is superficial, its all about maintaining an image. I would never recommend working here unless desperate for a start in the PT industry.

Low salary and expectations are way too high

Fear and intimidation prevalent with this Club. If you are looking for long term career avoid this club. General Manager and Assistance General manager treats their maintenance employees like garbage. If you apply for this company in Vancouver, ask yourself what benefit will it provide for you because they really don’t care about you as your just plugging a hole.

Pros

Cons

Had a Hard time staying positive and able to focus on work here

high end members

Managers are not prepared or organized. There are multiple job expectations from the management that was not discussed or mentioned at the job interview or contract.

Pros

education is provided by the company

Cons

long hours, under pay, racist management

good workplace, but lacking in leadership and talent

- one of the best gyms you can work for - can earn a decent salary, but requires a lot of work - benefits are good - pay is not secure because it's commission-based - need more rigorous hiring standards for trainers

Pros

flexible schedule, highest pay in industry

Cons

highly variable pay, long days

State of the art elite fitness club

A state of the art fitness club offering premium level educated training and classes. The personal trainers are some of the best in the country with plenty resources at their disposal.

Great working environment, but very little pay

Clean, clean and clean! I learned how to deal with members on a day to day basis. This is a great motivational place to work. The hardest part of the job in cleaning the cardio machines, also preparing to get a facility review. The most enjoyable part of the job is folding the towels in the laundry area filled with laughs and music entertainment.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Longs hours, little pay

Not a nice place to work

Don't work You will be treated as dogs and animals No management no clarity Even the membership doesn't make up for that atitude.last minute calls for shifts or long shifts .

Pros

Cons

A lot

fun workplace

I learned a lot of things in this job that i could use in my future job or career. People are amazing and I enjoyed doing my job eventhough its a busy work place

Pros

free use of the gym

Cons

minimum wage

Terrible place to work!

Employees are given a small closet of a room downstairs to eat or do work when they are on break or not on the gym floor. The amount of rats in this room is disgusting. Management changes on a monthly basis and they keep becoming less qualified with little to no experience. For having more than two managers in the gym at a time it is impossible to get in touch with them when members request to speak to management regarding a complaint or their memberships etc. The GM is very unpleasant, takes her months to introduce herself to her new employees. So much mold in the showers it was constantly complained about by members and nothing was done about it. For such a wealthy company employees are paid pennies.

Pros

gym is free for employees (only during certain hours)

Cons

minimum wage, management always changing and are poorly experienced/ trained, the GM is not a people person doesn't get to know her staff, no team support, high expectations from bad management

I a lot of work for little appreciation from employers

To be honest it is a lot more work (at home) than any other job I have ever had and for a lot less money. I do appreciate the continued education.

Pros

education

Cons

long take home work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinox. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement