Equifax

Equifax Employee Reviews

Canada62 reviews
I joined at a time when there were too many changes happening in the management. Lots of people were either fired or they left the company themselves. It has been a while now so not sure if things are any better since then. My work experience was not as great as I would've liked it to be. A lot of the times my managers didn't even care what I was up to because I was just an intern.
They hire and fire every friday, no job security, very poor management, from every team leading upto CTO. they need to ramp up their Toronto operations. In my 40 days in the company, 40 people and a CTO was fired. and still they were interviewing new candidates every Friday.

And the quality of work is very poor, no challenges, no proper management at project level. Highly disappointed. They are playing with people's livelihood and careers
Pros
Cons
No stability in work, projects or management style
A regular day will start early, kind of formal environment. Not really stressful but demanding. Lot's of uncertainty and confusion with the projects and road map.
Too many chiefs carving out their territory. Most people wanted to be collaborative and work together but there were a few that were using people and situations to get ahead.
Pros
Great vertical to work in; open to new technology
Cons
Changing priorities, never sure your work was being recognized; lack of coordination between business and Technology
Great company to work for, and very fast paced. People and staff are friendly.

Great place to learn new skills, I highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for change.
Bureaucratic Management
No Employment Security

Worst HR team

All this is reflecting a non productive environment for employees
Very fast paced, never a bored day, many projects, good management, very good working environment, everyone is very friendly, work life balanced, highly recommend
I joined at a time when significant changes were being made to the management styles within the company. This caused the overall work environment to become somewhat stressful and political.
aucune collaboration
aucun objectif

diva world

aucun respect

aucune reconnaissance

aucune appartenance

aucun esprit d’équipe

reconnaissance des mauvais employés
Cons
aucune reconnaissance aucun respect
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Equifax?
Too much time is spent addressing hierarchy in management as compared to improving the work and processes for the end customer. You must be prepared to work cross functionally to deliver the right solutions and insure that all parties are living the customer experience.
It's a nice place to work with good people in the company.
Job security isn't great for everyone as you can be on contract for years before you get full time.
I was proud and enjoyed being an employee at Equifax. I worked with several teams which allowed me continued success. I was able to learn many new and challenging items in the financial and credit industry. There was some difficult and challenging times, when projects were changed due to reorganization within the company which at times impacted there completion.

Overall my experience working with Equifax was enjoyable since they encouraged you to be a self thinker and to explore your own ideas and designs.
I love the analytics team... it was difficult and under the deadline all the time.... politics is real there careful! you will meet your best friends there though
Equifax is a great place to work.
A lot of opportunities to learn new skills.

Exposure to different technologies

Work culture is good, everyone is very helpful.
Equifax is a leader in the credit industry. Ever changing and diversifying it's brand.The culture remains the same and encourages forward thinking. Client oriented in problem or solution finding.
Hard to follow leadership direction as it changes daily. Management focused on managing perception and political capital. Leadership is driven by fear which is what they display down to their subordinates. Limited trust and ability to clearly know your ranking as betrayal is a daily occurrence even among "strongest alliances". Lack of training of any kind, with constantly changing expectations. Revenue focused and driven only, with minimal regards for human decency, compassion or diversity.
Pros
Work from home, flexible hours, salary
Cons
Disorganized management, poor leadership, toxic environment, politically charged
This was the stepping stone into the credit environment. Loved the challenges and opportunity that came from succeeding throughout my career with Equifax.
Younger talent lacks exposure to international work culture and therefore irrespective of Equifax being one of the most innovative organizations in terms of its' products and offerings to the market, is being let down by poor work life balance.
Pros
Good place to gain market knowledge
Cons
poor work life balance.
Equifax is a nice place to work in. A lot of opportunities to learn new skills. Work culture is really nice, everyone is very helpful. The only negative point is no WFH for contractors.
Pros
Nice work culture
Cons
No work from home for contractors
No free lunch, no drinks, party with coffee lol. No job security, anybody can be fired anyone, only 1 week notice period, management is worst. QA should be well informed from day one of product meeting
Pros
Commute is easy as its on fintch station
Cons
Mismanagement
Job security was the biggest problem. Management constantly shuffled resources like the guy you see with the three cups and a pea hidden under one. It was a nice place in the sense that other employees were generally nice and respectful. However, none of the projects seemed to make it off the ground or were quite often cancelled just before launching. It got to be a bit frustrating, but also a running joke with employees. Then they started to lay off people in droves and eventually your number got called.
Pros
Nice people, some free lunches for teams
Cons
Never knew what management was thinking, lots of projects cancelled or dead in the water.