Eppendorf Employee Reviews

Distribution Center Employee (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NY19 July 2018
Spent 27 years at this company and made some great friends. Worked in different areas of the company and learned alot in the process. Wish they didn't lay us off back in 2015 or else I would still be working there and going on 30 years as an employee. But that's life and we have to move forward.
Pros
Benefits, interaction with other employees, relaxed environment
Cons
Nothing like the job I interviewed for
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CT21 June 2018
Company is very disorganized, does not follow its own processes. They do not have enough staffing and raises are 1-2%/year so people are leaving in droves. When I started, department had 13 people, now we have seven. Everyone is so overloaded they just don't care any more.
Pros
Decent benefits, average for multinational company of this size
Cons
Overworked, micromanagement, not a positive work environment.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Limpiadora de oficinas (Former Employee) –  San Sebastián de los Reyes, Madrid24 March 2018
El tiempo que trabaje alli lo valoro positivamente.
Potential to be a great employer, but no desire to be
Technician (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CT22 February 2018
So I started working for Eppendorf before the new building was even done, so I got to see a lot and get promised a lot. The overall environment was one where upper management wanted to get the most productivity out of you, the most investment in the company and the job without actually giving you solid raises or on time pay raises. When I left finally, there was 20 dollars less in my paycheck per week despite my "raise". One thing that really stuck out to me, was that one day they gave us around an hour lunch break as part of a meeting. In this meeting they showed us their actual revenue/profit margin. The profit margin was around 19%, with revenue getting well over 100M. We were informed that the profit margin was OK, but needed to improve. That did not sit well with alot of us(and then no one was surprised at their "raise").

Management wanted a "japan-style" work environment where employees would take time off the clock to clean their work environment and the production floor. Again, this was not going to happen. The first year I was there it was a good place to work. We had a christmas party held, money and benefits were very good for what was expected of us and we were promised several things if we met our first year production goals. Well, we meet those goals and all those promises? Conviently forgotten about(get promises in writing). That is not to say my supervisor was bad, in fact the floor supervisors had very good heads on their shoulders.

Overall, the experience here started extremely well and slowly devolved into wanting maximum production and employee investment
  more... for little to no reward. As of the last time I worked here, I would NOT recommend it as it was a few years ago. If it has changed and NOT been the way it was when I was there, it could be a place worth working again, but as my title says, the potential was there but there seemed to be no desire to realize that potential.  less
Pros
Modern cafeteria, supervisors were good
Cons
Benefits get worse with time, raises are slow and low, management
a typical day at work
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal20 October 2017
Eppendorf is a good company and work culture is also fair.
As it was my first experience I cannot say any bad thing about that I learned quite a lot from the company , but the salary should be a little bit more which makes the employee happy.
A terrific career
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  United States15 August 2017
Good size territories with fair working pressures. Good leadership and professional culture. Hardest part of the job is turning it off at the end of the day.
Fast-paced and good place to work.
Level 2 Machine Operator / Lead Packer (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CT24 July 2017
Great place to work for energetic people that enjoy working. Management is good and cross-train employees. 12 hour rotating shifts that go by fast because it's a fast-paced job and you are always busy.
Ever Changing Management
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CT8 March 2017
Ever changing upper management, never know who you will be working for next. When new Managers arrive, they all want to "clean house" and get their own people in there. Very unstable working environment.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Constant management changes

Comment – 9 March 2017

A total "high school" environment....who is better ALL THE TIME

Busy and have to be on your toes.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CT16 January 2017
The Management team was great, always kept us informed of what was going on. Running a big injecting machine that has a mind of it's own was stressful at times. The best pat of my job was the great Supervisor and co-workers that I had to work with. The conditions to work in was very clean organized and clean.
Pros
Everyone was a team player.
Cons
When there is a shortage on people it is harder to go to the restroom, break and lunch.
Lead electronics technician (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY3 December 2015
Good work environment
Great co-workers
Cooperative effort among co-workers to get things done and move forward.
Exposed to many different types of products
Pros
Close to home, salary and benefits
Cons
No internal jobs offered to further my skills
Horrible company
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CT8 September 2015
Do not even think about this place... management is very bad, they know what they are doing. Quality is very bad, don't buy anything from this company
Pros
Paycheck
An "interesting" place to have worked or Caveat Employee
Bioprocess Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY30 November 2014
My typical day at work involved trying to hammer out customer issues, channel questions and develop training methods, leads and presentations. Sometimes there was too much work and sometimes not enough.

I traveled for part of my work and it was difficult to get equitable treatment and consistent applications of policy. Don't count on being treated with respect in terms of your travel time. They once tried to get me to fly out AM redeye and back PM redeye, halfway across the country to save $100.

I learned a ton about bioprocess applications , working in the field, business side operations, high tech capital sales and meeting customer needs.

I had some great co-workers, especially the team at DASgip, folks in the Enfield Applications Lab, and the Global director of Eppendorf Bioprocess.

I honestly hope they(Global Eppendorf) do the smart thing and clean house at Eppndorf North America (Hauppuage) or sell the Bioprocess business outright to Pall. Losing a vital chunk of their sales and applications teams for bioprocess and automation communicates volumes about their [on-going] difficulties. This is just constructive criticism, not disparaging them for not knowing how complex Bioprocess markets and projects are.
Pros
I learned a lot and got to network across the international bioprocess community.
Cons
I learned a lot, especially to always get offer letter bonus and commision terms in writing.
Who's in charge?
CNC Machinist/Operator (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CT7 November 2014
This is the Walmart of manufacturing with pay that is so low(14.00 hour) for the people that work the hardest and the people in charge are very overpaid, some doing practically or next to nothing all day. The people I worked was mostly misfits who couldn't get a job anywhere else. Never seen a company with so much dead weight. The supervisor in my area was supposed to have a gun at work and took calm me down drugs according to hearsay. Never saw such an idiot in charge. They overcharge customers to the max for their products made mainly of soft rusting cast iron. The managers I worked with were beyond stupid never getting involved in anything so they never knew when you did a good job or bad job. Missing gauges cause workers to machine parts by eye or from previous runs. The owners are in Germany and don't have a clue to anything going on. Good place to work for administrative work for email readers and coffee drinkers.
Pros
New building, pretty clean. Waste all the time you want.
Cons
High schoolers for management, fire anyone not in their clicky circles
Please do not work for this company
Time Waster (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY17 October 2014
Let me preface this by saying I am not a disgruntled former employee, I just want to tell the truth about Eppendorf and prevent others from making the same mistake that I did. Thankfully I moved on and found a company that values me. Eppendorf does not value there employees and treats them as disposable. Also when they hire you they put nothing in writing and will create their own corporate lingo to essentially justify screwing you out of money in one way or another. They have horrible policies and upper management is saturated with bloated arrogant puppets. Moreover customer service is a complete joke and do not give other employees in the field the proper support they need. They also micromanage and make life generally unpleasant for you as an employee. A poor environment to grow professionally in my opinion.
Very diversified
Electro Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CT30 July 2014
Worked with little to no supervision.
Hardest about the job was poor documentation from where the New Brunswick line acquisitioned from & lack of communication between departments.
A company that worked with medical equipment. All sides of the products and operations were in the buildings entireity..
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CT25 July 2014
Every day consisted of making sure everything was done correctly and safely. Management wanted to know of any problems or issues, and they would work on it. There was no problems being taught new things and learning, job security all around. Inventory was given weekly which was sectioned by supervisors choice, to do. Working hard and showing you cared in your work was greatly appreciated throughout management. Most co-workers, as much as i hate to say, did bare minimum, but as long as their daily work was complete on time it was acceptable. I used and ran a turret forklift daily, on my own side of the buildings section's to select orders which were given on paper copy, precisely every hour and they were scanned into my RF scanner which was given, when you walked into work in the morning. I enjoyed my work and enjoyed working with my supervisors, which never had an issue to work with you on keeping work in order and on time. One hour lunch or two fifteen min. and one half hour lunch was given daily. Hardest part of the job, depending on the area you picked, one week outta the month was extremely busy due to orders that needed to be filled for bigger company's selling and distributing the products. Personally i enjoyed this and it was exciting to work hard. When my work was complete and products were dropped and packaged, brought out to the floor to be labeled and shipped, I went to the other side of the building to help my coworkers using the hi-lo's. A pallet jack was needed and used throughout the day to bring all of our products from either side of the building to  more... the main floor.  less
overworked and under paid
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge12 July 2014
Very high turnover rate in the call center. People do not tend to stay very long and I do not blame them. Bend over backwards for this company and was talked down to by management. Shows the amount of respect they have for the call center reps.
Pros
Cons
lots
productive place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  enfield , conn.9 July 2014
I had some of the best co-worker and supervisor to work with and a we got along very well..
Pros
all way busy
Cons
ambiente lavorativo stimolante e flessibile
impiegata contabile (Former Employee) –  Milano, LOM12 January 2014
mi piaceva occuparmi sopratutto della contabilità clienti, in questa azienda ho imparato molto grazie alle persone che mi hanno sono state accanto, colleghi fantastici
Pros
buon stipendio
Cons
lavoro stressante in alcuni momenti
Worst company I have ever worked for in my life
Administration (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CT8 March 2013
This is the type of company that you work 10 to 12 hours per day plus weekends. Never had time for relaxation and family. It was required to check emails and voicemail while on vacation. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!!!
Not fair bonuses, not evenly distributed, OT pay is not the same for everyone.
Pros
benefits are a little above average
Cons
hours, work not evenly distributed, aweful supervisors .