Epicure Employee Reviews

Poor place to work.
Production (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 April 2018
New management are bullies and very clueless, pay is very little. Company has no forward thinking, and will never get into the states with no infrastructure and inept management.
Pros
Free spices
Cons
Management are bullies.
Great spices but cookware is really poor quality
cunsultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2018
I was a consultant for a number of years. I absolutely loved their spice blends but their cookware was overpriced and their knives RUSTED! The return policy at the time was only to replace the item that failed with another of the same quality. Their milk foamer was a particularly faulty product as the plastic piece on top kept coming apart and scalding milk would come out sometimes burning the customer. Once again the company would just replace it. I finally left the company just due to always having to deal with unhappy customers when the company would not issue refunds with the poor quality of their cookware
I do miss their spice blends and have noticed that they have changed their return policy.
Pros
spices are great quality
Cons
cookware is over priced and poor quality
Epicure is a Canadian company with cleaning eating in mind.
Senior Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2017
I love there products and enjoy selling Epicure. Their products are gluten free and nut free, I am allergic to both in varying degrees and they make cooking quick, fun and fast!
Pros
Fabulous products
Great part time job
Consultant Leader (Current Employee) –  Canada14 September 2017
Epicure is a great company with fantastic morals and guidelines. They strive to help consultants reach their individual goals.
Epicure allows you to work to make the income you desire if you put in the effort to build a team.
Not postive experience
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  North Saanich, BC8 March 2017
I worked as a Production Home Team Member. The pay is very low, and raises are not frequent.
You are always pushed to work harder and faster to keep up with their ridiculous targets, and once you meet them, the raise them which is fine if all aspects of the job are at 100%. The Team leads give you no direction to ensure you know and understand the job. The supervisors are complacent and see issues but never act on them until there is a meltdown, then in panic mode.
It is a very physical job and no downtime during work day except for your two brakes. If you work in the business area, you get better wages and three breaks. Until they make wages fair, I would stay away from warehouse and production area. The company will work you to bone and dump you when you can't do the job anymore.
Pros
get discounts and company events
Cons
wage
productive and fun place to work
Restoration & Hazmat Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 February 2017
I was self employed and was able to choose how much or how little I worked. I loved spicing up peoples lives with natural spices that have very little salt and no preservatives in them.
Pros
house parties
Cons
market changed
The most fun I have ever had!
Leader, Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Canada9 February 2017
Being an Independent Consultant with Epicure doesn't even feel like work. Planning and leading cooking classes is easy due to the systems they have in place to support you and hearing from happy customers is so rewarding. I am very pleased with the income potential that a career with Epicure has to offer and look forward to representing them for years to come!
Pros
community, support, training, corporate events, entrepreneurial spirit, health-minded, caring
If they paid more, they would be a great employer
Blending Technnician (Former Employee) –  North Saanich, BC25 November 2016
Fantastic corporate culture. They really make you feel involved with their town hall meetings. I felt valued when I was there. They have staff lunch days. It is pretty easy to get time off when you need it.

However, it is a long drive to work and the pay is just not really competitive enough. (But I have seen lower)

Overall, I would still recommend working there. I left for a better paying job, but I kind of wish I had stayed.
Pros
Free staff lunch days
Cons
Low pay
great company to work at home with
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Blairmore, AB16 May 2016
epicure selections sells its self, great company for stay at home parents that just want to make some side money. I learned to be out in the public dealing with customers, it was a great experience
Good For Me
o Currently a Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2015
Epicure is a great way for me to have a small amount of income while I was focusing on my health and family. I use their products daily, which makes it easy to spread the word about them.

Want to know more about Epicure?

Ask a question
work your own pace
Outside home agent (Current Employee) –  home21 June 2014
go through Rochester, pick up phone, call to recruit, lead the team, fundraise
Pros
work your own pace
Cons
people will hang up the phone on you
Home-based business selling high quality food products
Epicure Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2013
No typical day as business is based on customer orders. I work when a customer wants to place an order. This business is what you make it. I currently have a friends and family customer base. The most enjoyable part of the job is the tasting of food.
Pros
Work my own hours
Cons
Booking parties
Competitive
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 May 2012
As a consultant pretty much you worked when you wanted to. I learned about selling to people, how to use their spices and be very creative with my cooking in the home and for parties. I was part of a team that's very supportive and goal oriented so I learned to reach goals. I enjoyed having more tools to be creative with my cooking and spreading healthy ways to make great food.
Pros
make as much as you want
Cons
you have to find a good customer base
Productive and fun work setting with food
Epicure Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 May 2012
A typical day at work would include preparing and serving food samples using small appliances such as microwaves, fryers and steamers while eating and selling products to consumers. I learn better communication skills and build better rapport with consumers. There is nothing difficult about this job. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to eat and interact with friends, family and new people.
Pros
free products