EPCOR Utilities

EPCOR Utilities Employee Reviews

Averaged about 9-10 hours a day, finished all my deliverables and was rewarded with more work and less time to do it.

Issues were communicated, contract was ended.

Saw a revolving door of resources leaving with contractors and employees moving on.

Not a great balance. Great place if work is your life.
I would suggest anyone thinking of working at Epcor run as fast as you can in another direction. This is a sleazy company. Worst place I ever worked.
Pros
No night shift
Cons
Terrible management
Push employees to cut corners and tell you specifically do disobey safety and DOT laws and regulations. And use there positions entirely to bully. As of right now epcor will not last in magnolia
Pros
benefits, corporate personell
Cons
entire management team
Management is pure evil . The environment that they brought in is so disgusting. Moral has never been lower.Epcor bought is from the city and is running it into the ground
Majority of communication downstream in the company revolved around safety. Incidents always led to reactionary measures and increased messaging. Despite safety first messaging, field staff were required to get things done fast, properly. Realistically, something always has to give, and that something should be time.
We get tickets from various departments for hardware and software issues
We troubleshoot and configure the required applications , hardware

SCCM update issues are another challenge

Good knowledge of SQL and hand on experience is all it need to resolve.

Unfortunately my contract was ended.
Pretty hard to get on with EPCOR Utilities. Depending on where you are placed, you could be pigeonholed with no opportunity to advance. Nepotism is evident everywhere. People with multiple DO NOT REHIRE recommendations are hired over other competent employees.
Very strong safety first culture. Must be good at documentation, must follow workplace hierarchy. Great pay, great benefits, good food at Christmas party, pay for your cab ride home.
In the beginning all was great. However, supervisor and manager kept changing expectations and goals. They seemed supportive but in the end were really not.

You might be luckier in a different department.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EPCOR Utilities?
Management is joke! Majority equipment in field out of compliance! No training, absolutely no communication skills at all, including director, no guidance! They focus on neg not positive
Terrible managers ... highly incompetent and will not hesitate to throw you under the bus for failures that are their responsibility. Stressful work environment. Lack of transparency. People get fired all the time.

I would not work here again -- despite there being good people/co-workers and good work-life balance opportunities. Not worth the mental stress of dealing with bad managers, a complicit HR department and a culture that revolves around backstabbing others to get ahead.

Just sad that good people who work hard get treated so badly ... avoid!
I would go back if I could. Employees are wonderful. Main manager and assistant manager are great guys..trainer was the best ever. Thank you for the opportunity.
This has been the best experience of my professional career.
Management culture is great, they care about us as people and employees. Managers are embedded into the teams and will support you if you need help.

We work with new tools, we have access to MSDN, everything you could want, we get it. Project management is not quite agile but they're making progress.

The software we build gets used by people everyday and we interact with the users providing updates year after year. It's so nice to actually see something you built get used..

I would work here again 100%
Good place to work and Live life, Provides good balance of Life and Work. Salary is not high, Most Analyst positions are part of csu52 union and hence salary grades.
head to shop in the morning and have a tailgate meeting of what the plan is for the day. load up supplies and head out to site. everyone there is friendly and willing to help out
Sleazy self absorbed management. Lots of backstabbing going on. Staff are always under the threat of termination. Team spirit is threatened not embraced.
Pros
None come to mind
Cons
Worst management I’ve ever experienced. Human Resources will crucify union people for speaking up. I can’t say enough about this nasty place to properly communicate how poorly run certain areas of this company are handled.
Pros
They provide water and rkectricity
Cons
Management and Human Resources
Absolutely brutal management. They will throw anyone under the bus. Very little training, nothing is documented, lack of leadership, no team spirit.
Pros
Nice location downtown
Cons
Excellent, place to work. Was given a great opportunity out of University to advance my career.

Was given a variety of projects and opportunities to learn.
The crew I am working with is hard work and dedicated to quality work and to bond together as a team. Training is available to all field workers at no cost to the worker.
Overall the workplace is great and you learn a lot starting out. However, depending on which area you work, management may not be the best for your personal and career development.