EPCOR

EPCOR Employee Reviews for Systems Analyst

Great people, environmentally and safety conscious company.

A typical day at work was to gather customer requirements, and to design, develop, and implement application software solutions based on those requirements. What I learned was an excellent understanding of the Utility business, business processes, project delivery/change management processes, Oracle programming and design. All my co-workers and the business clients were great to work with. The most difficult part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and being able to develop innovative software solutions for the business.

Pros

Great co-workers.

Cons

Long hours.

If I wasn't moving I would stay there until I retire

This has been the best experience of my professional career. Management culture is great, they care about us as people and employees. Managers are embedded into the teams and will support you if you need help. We work with new tools, we have access to MSDN, everything you could want, we get it. Project management is not quite agile but they're making progress. The software we build gets used by people everyday and we interact with the users providing updates year after year. It's so nice to actually see something you built get used.. I would work here again 100%

Old boys club

Didn't feel welcome. No on site training. It was like don't mess with the old boys club and / or their job security. Benefits were good, union job.

Pros

Benefits

Cons

Newbs aren't welcome

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EPCOR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement