EPCOR

EPCOR Employee Reviews

Great Company with great benefits but difficult to grow within the company

Love working at EPCOR as they have great benefits, however, it is difficult to advance and grow within the company which can sometimes be frustrating.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Difficult to advance

Fune place to work but depending on who you report to

I had a good time working here but my nightmare started when my Manager PMO felt threatened by how good I knew my job. There is no room for growth here.

Pros

good pay and benefit

Cons

long hours, no room for growth

Would definitely recommend

My typical day at work starts with morning stretches, start of day maintenance tasks, projects, mid-day maintenance tasks. Sometimes, there are meetings and trainings within the week. Management is flexible and considerate of personal life. Workplace culture is collaborative, safety-focused and an emphasis on employee health (in all aspects)

Pros

High-salary compared to competition due to union, flex-based benefits allows customization based on personal needs, wellness account, personal development account (formal courses paid by EPCOR), donation to charity of choice if volunteering more than 30 hours, morning stretches, free parking, delicious coffee and tea choices, gym and shower on site, work-life balance

Cons

Job tenure happens after 10 years

Absolutely brutal management

This company has terrible management. The ethics guidelines are not adhered to, lying is acceptable behaviour, and compensation and advancement is based on favouritism, not competency. This is the worse company I ever worked for.

Pros

None come to mind

Cons

Overpaid management with poor ethics, The corporate executives are oblivious about what is going on downstairs, It is a very unhappy and threatening atmosphere.

Great Place to Work

Provide opportunities for growth. The company has a culture of team building and support. Flexibility in work / life schedule and promote an attitude toward work happiness and home happiness.

Pros

Generous benefits.

Cons

Office space.

Down goes the ship

Management is non existent. Project management is sub par to say the least. Very disorganized out in the field. No accountability at all. You can work as much OT as you want as it never gets denied. Upper management has no idea what goes on in the field.

Pros

Paid very well

Cons

No future with company

Ifs and buts

EPCOR is a extraordinary organization. The business has a robust and comprehensive set of standards for their agents which are consistently presented as part of the businesses core beliefs. Their engagement within the community is strong and the business itself is structured to care about how it does business.However, the business is held back by a lack of engagement from the management team on what is truly meant by the policies that exist within the business. It is one thing to have a policy in place within a business; it is another to act based on that policy.The expectations for the roles are aligned with the overall attitude of the organization, which is to say that the business conducts itself like the quasi governmental agency that it is. For some this will be a great fit, for others it will not. Be forewarned, the business does not want employees who challenge the status quo, but rather employees that follow the rules and don't question how the business conducts itself.

Pros

Fun Team Activities, Relaxed Work Environment

Cons

Poor Leadership Team, Not Open To New Ideas

Productive and fun workplace

Excellent Company to work for. Interesting Projects. Professional Environment Good Management Received support from coworkers Good Salary Nice offices

Pros

Good Management

Cons

Nice place to work. Good pay.

Great benefits, good people to work with. However the union structure protects lazy coworkers in many departments. Management couldn't manage their way out of a cardboard box constantly changing crew structures in an attempt to streamline what, I do not know. The best equipment and tools and great home work life balance. I'd go back and work there if I could.

Pros

Equipment, fair pay, union, worklife balance.

Cons

Poor performance by many, union, seniority system, they do not fight to keep good people.

It was an extremely stressful work environment that I am grateful to be out of.

Company has the opportunity to be a great employer, however they do not follow what they claim they are about. The company lies to their customers, and continually looks for more ways to reduce the ability to provide good customer care.

Pros

Good pay depending on position

Cons

No loyalty to employees

Horrible human beings

They bought out my company and have zero reguard for any of the people who worked there ; they are quickly firing everyone and if you are “good enough” “maybe one day you will be an EPCOR employee “. Throughout the entire sale of the company they promised we wouldn’t lose our jobs. I was there for 6 years at $20/hr and they told me if I stay to help the “transition” that they know a great work from home call center that will start me at minimum wage. Seriously can’t imagine how they sleep at night.

Pros

Cons

Management is rude, doesn’t treat employees like a human being, everybody thinks they are better than everyone else

Weak Bully environment in Drainage PMO

Management lacks any form of leadership, insecure, and hypocritical. Constantly changing work guidelines along with increased criticism and belittling. Always withholding required information to do ones job. There has been increased turnover within the PMO for a reason and this is a direct result of poor management. You will never succeed when management doesn't want you to.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Long hours, hypercritical, fault-finding, belittling, underwork, setting up for failure, lack of knowledge sharing

Management is horrible

Great pay and benefits, however the management company is not up to par. Like every job there's the good ones and the bad ones. Union works with the management not for you.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Bad managing

Brutally awful company

I would suggest anyone thinking of working at Epcor run as fast as you can in another direction. This is a sleazy company. Worst place I ever worked.

Pros

No night shift

Cons

Terrible management

Sad to see management team destroy a good thing

Push employees to cut corners and tell you specifically do disobey safety and DOT laws and regulations. And use there positions entirely to bully. As of right now epcor will not last in magnolia

Pros

benefits, corporate personell

Cons

entire management team

Work, work some more, repeat

Averaged about 9-10 hours a day, finished all my deliverables and was rewarded with more work and less time to do it. Issues were communicated, contract was ended. Saw a revolving door of resources leaving with contractors and employees moving on. Not a great balance. Great place if work is your life.

Fun place to work with great co workers and a awesome job/life balance.

Working at epcor was a good experience for me. I would recommend people apply working here because the job life balance is perfect. They have you work four ten hour days, they also have the option for overtime.

great management but less full time opportunity

i'm only working part-time (20-29hours/week) and they currently don't have many opportunity for full time. I really love the job and management and my colleagues..i just wish they'd offer more full time opportunity.

Bad

Management is pure evil . The environment that they brought in is so disgusting. Moral has never been lower.Epcor bought is from the city and is running it into the ground

Safety First

Majority of communication downstream in the company revolved around safety. Incidents always led to reactionary measures and increased messaging. Despite safety first messaging, field staff were required to get things done fast, properly. Realistically, something always has to give, and that something should be time.

Easy going and welcoming work place

I enjoyed working at Epcor the job was challenging yet enjoyable. I was a fire hydrant painter so I would drive around the city and paint the hydrants. It was cool to get to know the city and work at my own pace but also finish the quota we had set for us each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EPCOR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement