EPCOR

EPCOR Employee Reviews

Averaged about 9-10 hours a day, finished all my deliverables and was rewarded with more work and less time to do it. Issues were communicated, contract was ended. Saw a revolving door of resources leaving with contractors and employees moving on. Not a great balance. Great place if work is your life.
Company has the opportunity to be a great employer, however they do not follow what they claim they are about. The company lies to their customers, and continually looks for more ways to reduce the ability to provide good customer care.
Pros
Good pay depending on position
Cons
No loyalty to employees
Management lacks any form of leadership, insecure, and hypocritical. Constantly changing work guidelines along with increased criticism and belittling. Always withholding required information to do ones job. There has been increased turnover within the PMO for a reason and this is a direct result of poor management. You will never succeed when management doesn't want you to.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, hypercritical, fault-finding, belittling, underwork, setting up for failure, lack of knowledge sharing
I would suggest anyone thinking of working at Epcor run as fast as you can in another direction. This is a sleazy company. Worst place I ever worked.
Pros
No night shift
Cons
Terrible management
Working at epcor was a good experience for me. I would recommend people apply working here because the job life balance is perfect. They have you work four ten hour days, they also have the option for overtime.
i'm only working part-time (20-29hours/week) and they currently don't have many opportunity for full time. I really love the job and management and my colleagues..i just wish they'd offer more full time opportunity.
Management is pure evil . The environment that they brought in is so disgusting. Moral has never been lower.Epcor bought is from the city and is running it into the ground
Majority of communication downstream in the company revolved around safety. Incidents always led to reactionary measures and increased messaging. Despite safety first messaging, field staff were required to get things done fast, properly. Realistically, something always has to give, and that something should be time.
I enjoyed working at Epcor the job was challenging yet enjoyable. I was a fire hydrant painter so I would drive around the city and paint the hydrants. It was cool to get to know the city and work at my own pace but also finish the quota we had set for us each day.
We get tickets from various departments for hardware and software issues We troubleshoot and configure the required applications , hardware SCCM update issues are another challenge Good knowledge of SQL and hand on experience is all it need to resolve. Unfortunately my contract was ended.
In fact, I worked on a project for 6 months, the project titled as "Assessment of the maximum hosting capacity of photovoltaic (PV), Electric vehicle (EV), and Battery Energy Storage (BESS) in 35 small distribution networks in Edmonton" and for me it was really a great time to work with those people.
I was there 2000 & the foreman were useless! I was in sales would send emails & they wouldn't reply. Even some mgrs. were over there head in their job position-didn't deserve the title was just given it. Apparently some foreman & mgrs today In 2019 are still useless! The union culture for some is a poison & some love that type of culture. Really good benefits, once your in your in even if not a good worker.
Pretty hard to get on with EPCOR Utilities. Depending on where you are placed, you could be pigeonholed with no opportunity to advance. Nepotism is evident everywhere. People with multiple DO NOT REHIRE recommendations are hired over other competent employees.
Opportunity to utilize customer service skills and upgrade . Support for learning and growing with a large company. Chance to work in different areas of operation
Pros
training
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time
Very strong safety first culture. Must be good at documentation, must follow workplace hierarchy. Great pay, great benefits, good food at Christmas party, pay for your cab ride home.
In the beginning all was great. However, supervisor and manager kept changing expectations and goals. They seemed supportive but in the end were really not. You might be luckier in a different department.
If you have a thick skin, like being robotic, and don't care about people, the call centre could just be for you. It is a lovely place to work, but constant surveillance, and pushing to be faster and faster at handling calls with no errors can take a toll on one. After six months, I started dreading coming to work, so I left for something in the public sector, where profits for an essential service do not conflict with my Marxist leanings. It was not for me, to be sure, but some of my fellow new-hires have done really well in this callous environment. Maybe it speaks to their lack of humanity. I don't know.
Terrible managers ... highly incompetent and will not hesitate to throw you under the bus for failures that are their responsibility. Stressful work environment. Lack of transparency. People get fired all the time. I would not work here again -- despite there being good people/co-workers and good work-life balance opportunities. Not worth the mental stress of dealing with bad managers, a complicit HR department and a culture that revolves around backstabbing others to get ahead. Just sad that good people who work hard get treated so badly ... avoid!
great work life balance and worked with great people . pay and compensation was also great. got to meet lots of wonderful hardworking people during my time.
Started off as the dream job until I was injured in a hockey accident and then forced to resign with no good reason I would never recommend working for them especially when they leave you and your family stranded.
I would love to work for epcot I'm considering the trade to be educational experience I'm very good working with people and other employees have a good relationship with them I have a good driving abstract
  1. Employee reviews