Envision Financial, a division of First West Credit Union

Envision Financial, a division of First West Credit Union Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Lots of opportunities for advancement if you are a young man. Some co-workers get away with horrible, unprofessional behaviour and it's hard to watch. Management is phony, has favourites and is lazy. I was there for 2 years and still wasn't considered for real full time roles that were being offered. Impossible to live on those hours.If you decide to work there, give it one year.
Five day work week Tuesday to Saturday..every client was different with different needs that needed to be filled.. referred to correct dept.. worked with up to 30 other employees ...which included my main report person either assistant manager or reporting to manager later in my career..
Turning down requests from clients I found to be most difficult .. not being able to resolve their financial problems

Most enjoyable part of my employment working with many different types of people
I really enjoyed working at the branch level and found the environment friendly and helpful when needed. At a corporate level they are constantly pushing for major change and this creates significant stress at the branch level and there was significant turn over.
It is big company to work with. If everybody should be work together and support each other, the whole world should be better. but in the really life it is not like that.
A typical day at work involves performing day to day transactions and assisting members with their financial needs. I am learning something every day, whether it be something new about the system or something about our members which makes it easier for me to better understand their financial needs. Management is great and very supporting, they are always looking to help and never make you feel like you are alone or unable to do something. It is as simple as sending a quick message on skype to your manager and they are right there to help you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with members who may be in a tough position whether mentally or financially. I learned to stay calm and be very polite as the member may calm down and start to get comfortable with you, as they share more information making it easier for you to better understand the situation that they are in. The most enjoyable part about the job is the staff. They are always willing to help even when you don't need it they will ask you to make sure you are doing alright whether it is emotionally, physically or mentally.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly staff
I had the privilege of working at Envision for 6 years. The experience I received there has been instrumental in many ways throughout my life ever since. Great training, great work environment, great approach to helping members with their often-times stressful financial situations.
Pros
Great team
Cons
High targets
Good company to work for and has a positive culture. Would recommend the company as it is a good place to work. Good growth and benefits, enjoyable going to work.
Good place to work, high sales goals, and targets. Decent benefit package. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Very active in the local communities.
A typical day would be batching, greeting customers and doing processing for home insurance transactions. Selling ICBC and completing home insurance renewals. Selling new homeowners policies. I have learned about the different insurance companies, different rates and underwriting guidelines. Envision is very focused on community involvement and the food bank. The hardest part of my job is finding the correct market for home insurance for my client. Occasionally certain risks are declined and may be difficult to place coverage for client. I dislike having to tell a client bad news. This may a situation where there is non payment. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people. I thoroughly enjoy working with customers and I am very much a people person.
Pros
Community Envolvement
Cons
Diffucult to be both a sales person and proccesor.
Supportive of Creative Great team Executive Management supportive and involved Training was conductive and comprehensive Overall wages low for marketplace
Pros
Flexiable Hours
Envision is a forward thinking Credit Union, with supportive management and a fun group of people to work with! Although the salary ranges are considered less than standard competition, working for a solid company, as well as the benefits and perks make up for this difference. Highly recommended.
- Encouraging management
- Amazing co-workers

- Supportive Clientele
Co-workers are generally pleasant and many are helpful. This is a really good place to work if you're in your 20's and looking to get job experience.

Ageism is alive and well at Envision. New employees are rarely over the age of 30 unless they have many years management experience with a competitor. There are many older employees who have been with the company for many years. Most of them know realistically in this job market it would be next to impossible to find another job at their age that pays this well with benefits this good. Older employees tend to be shuffled around, job duties or titles changed, as Envision hopes to push them out rather than let them go and pay them out.

Bad managers place a lot of blame with their staff when goals are not reached. Poor moral with a general unhappy workplace atmosphere. I've never seen so much finger pointing in my life at any other company the way I did at Envision. Very low chance of advancement within Envision.

The pay and benefits are decent enough to stick around until a better job comes around. The people who left Envision for other jobs ended up getting really good jobs with much better companies which makes this company a good stepping stone for the trend of moving up to a better position elsewhere. Christmas bonus is $75 for full time staff and $50 for part time staff, and its taxable, comes off your next paycheque. If you count on your Christmas bonus as part of your salary, don't look at Envision.

The hardest part of the job is being bullied by management. Don't look at the human resources department to take
 - more...
Pros
Industry standard pay and benefits
Cons
Low employee moral, bad management, low chance of advancement, lot of wasted time at unnecessary, unproductive meetings
A great deal of daily planning needed to see the day through as inquiries from our customers being business account managers and branch management required skillful use of time to meet those inquiries. Additionally much time was required to attend many planning meetings held by various departments within the head office.
Learned to be a good time manager and people person.

Management was result focused with a need to succeed against the competition.

Co-workers were always supportive to discussing potential changes to processes and to assisting with the development of new products and services.

The hardest part of the job was the time demands to attend the many departmental meetings held at the head office, sometimes unproductive time for a great number of people.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the successes in rolling out market competitive products and services that would serve the members well.
Pros
Being able to "free think" product and servies which would compete against the big banks
Cons
Too many unproductive meetings tying up people